“When in Cape May , this is the best place to stay”
Review of Camelot Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Camelot Motel
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming to this motel for many years , our Family takes up the whole 3rd floor each year , such a great location , the staff is simply the best , all you have to do is park your car and everything is centrally located and the view is to die for , looking and dreaming for next year already

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank 50by50

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Room was clean and comfortable, and the personnel were very friendly and accommodating. Loved the proximity to the beach and to many places to shop and eat. Many places within walking distance. Particularly impressed with the cleanliness of the room, given how hard it is to keep a beach lodging clean and fresh looking.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd or 4th floor have ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My best friend and I visited Cape May this year for the first ever and we loved it! It was such a nice, quiet little town and everyone was so friendly! We came to Cape May for the winery so we were only in town for one day and needed a place to stay for one night. I searched and searched and searched for hotels all around Cape May and I could not find one that would accept a one night stay. I called over 10 hotels and each one had a minimum stay of 2 nights. I gave up and started to search around in Wildwood and I found a hotel that would accept a one night stay but I did not like the reviews on it. So I tried one more time to search in Cape May and I came across the Camelot and boy was it a find!! Not only did they allow us to stay for one night but the reviews on the hotel were great! The hotel room very very CLEAN and newly renovated! I loved the granite counter tops! We stayed in room 206 (a one bedroom efficiency) and we were able to see the pool, boardwalk and the ocean from our room! The only thing I didn't like about the room was the stain in the bathtub. It looked like a permanent sand stain. You can tell the tub was clean but that stain kind of bugged me. That is the only reason I gave this hotel a 4 instead of a 5. Everything else was great! One of the best parts about our stay at the Camelot was the front desk lady PAULINE! Very friendly, informative and she just made us feel soo welcomed! I could go on and on about her lol but just know that she was the absolute BEST! There is nothing like experiencing great customer service!! We are definitely going to visit Cape May again and best believe we will be staying at the Camelot!! :)

Also, while we were in town, we went to the Lighthouse which was fantastic, we took a horse & carriage ride around Cape May which was lovely and the beach was great! Overall, we had a GRAND time and we will definitely be staying more than one night on our next trip to Cape May!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Natimah
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our room was clean and the bed very comfortable, but the place was spartan - the minimum in soap and shampoo, thin towels. Having said this, the price was right and the value very good. Others wrote about the great ocean view; we were on the first floor from which we had a good view of the parking lot. Request an upper floor for the view.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TWalls_11
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a return trip to the Camelot for us. We love the spacious rooms and the great ocean view! Mostly everything is within walking distance of the hotel. Even during renovations the motel was very clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Heather A
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Camelot Motel was great place to stay; clean, convenient with a great view of the beach. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room had a fridge, a living area, full bath and view of the ocean. It was recently refinished with marble counter tops. The Hotel is right across from the ocean and near several good restaurants. Cape May is a great resort town and has lovely Victorian homes. While there, check out what is playing at Cape May Stage, a professional theatre company that produces a wide range of comedy and dramas.

Room Tip: No frills, but perfect for a trip to the beach!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Amy C
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I am writing this review, literally, couple hours after coming home! We have been coming to Cape May for many years and usually stay at a friends condo but with having 3 children and one more on the way, we like having our own space and letting the kids be KIDS :-) We have stayed at many of the motels and just never left feeling like it was our "spot"
This past Memorial weekend we decided to give the Camelot a try. I am SOOOOO glad we did!!! The ladies at check in we're the NICEST ladies I've ever met. From check in to check out they were the most pleasant and made us feel at home. The rooms were clean and the location of the motel could not be anymore convenient! We parked our van Friday and didn't get back in till Monday to leave! I'm 8 months pregnant and with 3 little ones we were still able to walk EVERYWHERE! We will be "lifers" at The Camelot from now on! Our children will grow up with great memories thanks to the wonderful Camelot :-)

• Stayed: May 2013