“Great deal!”
Review of Camelot Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Camelot Motel
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
New York City, New York
“Great deal!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great deal, great location. Large rooms close to beach, mall, and promenade

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Debbi15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
New York
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We go to Cape May every August and decided last minute to go Memorial Day weekend. We found an affordable and clean motel in the Camelot. We enjoyed the great location (overlooking the ocean) and the comfort of the rooms. If you are looking for an afforable place to stay in the off-season that has great views this is the place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd or 4th floors for a wonderful view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cartersville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We had to unexpectedly travel to Cape May from Georgia for the passing of my brother. Driving 18 hours calling we were put in contact with Camelot. They allowed us to check in early upon arrival upgraded our accommodations for the children without cost, went above bad beyond. They continued to check to see if we needed anything and they treated us as family not a customer. The rooms were very clean, stocked with supplies. The location was amazing as well as the view. I wish that I lived closer but we will be returning. Thank you Camelot Staff!

Room Tip: View from the top of ocean was amazing. If kids pool is right on bottom floor would be better. It wa...
8 Thank Sabrina M
Dover, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We go to Cape May every February or March and this was the second time we stayed at the Camelot. The view is spectacular and the rooms are very nice! There were a few maintenance and cleanliness issues (loud fan, slow drains, missing nightstands and hooks, fruit loops on the floor), but given the time of year, I expect they were working on cleaning everything up for summer. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Bring your own shampoo as they don't provide any.I was a little disappointed that an email I sent the staff between the time I made my reservation and my travel date went unanswered (about 3 weeks) but in their defense, I didn't follow up on it, either. The restaurant and fitness center weren't really terrible - there just aren't any and the pool is closed during the winter!

2 Thank Kathy_in_17315
Lehigh Valley, PA
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We have stayed at the Camelot at least 8 times in the past several years and have always enjoyed the cleanliness, great location, and terrific staff. Because the Camelot is open all year, we've been there during every season and keep going back. The location is awesome -- right across from the beach and a short walk or bike ride to the Victorian Mall in town. But what keeps us coming back is the friendliness of the staff, who make you feel welcome and are ALWAYS pleasant and accommodating whether on the phone or in person. We always feel like we're talking to old friends. What a joy!

3 Thank nreichl
Rockaway, New Jersey
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I just returned from a week in Cape May-the best place on the planet!, I stayed at The Camelot because most of the other beachfront motels are closed at this time of year. The staff were so extremely friendly and helpful for the first phone call to reserve a room to the moment I checked out. I stayed in a two room efficiency. The room was very clean, could have used more silverware and maybe a mixing bowl but it was ample for a single person staying in the room. I was glad to have the kitchenette since very few restaurants are open at this time of year. The view was nice, I was on the fourth floor. I must admit the view from the motel I usually stay at is much nicer, more panoramic. I would think twice about staying here during the busy season because they must allow smoking on the balconies since there were ask cans in front of almost every room. I have severe allergies and cannot stay where there is a lot of cigarette smoke. Another wonderful trip to Cape May and I must again say what a pleasant staff the Camelot has.

Room Tip: Ask for third or fourth floor to get a view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank CapeMayDreamer74
gillette
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We do not leave this early in the year for a getaway, but when i found the Camelot on line, I knew we just had to go. The price for off season was great. the rooms were very clean. The staff was friendly and cheerful. We were up on the 4th floor and the view was great. the rooms were large and very clean. Coffee pot,toaster,mike,everything was clean. Pots and dishes all the same very clean. Close enough to walk to beach and main shopping. will go back in a heart beat.

Room Tip: If you like to do your own cooking like we do, get the efficiency.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends