SeaSalt Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Madison Ave.
Description: SeaSalt offers a true seafood fine dining experience featuring fresh indigenous ingredients paired with specialty cocktails and wines in an unforgettable beach chic setting.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Now this is a nice place. The wait staff was friendly. The orders for all of us were correct and quite tasty. I was boring and ordered the chicken, but it was the best chicken I have ever had. Our server was attentive and the kids were quite happy with their meals. The view was great and the hostess was very friendly. It is a little pricey, but that was not a surprise to us. The only thing that needed improving were the lackluster dinner rolls. Go here, do not go to another place you are considering. Thumbs up.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wanted to try something new in Cape May. Have been coming for almost 15 years and we have our favorites but they never change the menu ( can you hear me The Black Duck? ). We tried Sea Salt. Nice location on the beach. Meal was pricey but the food was quite good. Amy, the hostess, though she served our meal so not sure exactly what her title is, was wonderful. So polite. When one of our five dinners did not come out with the rest, she quickly apologized and offered it on the house. At the end of dinner she also provided us a dessert tasting, also on the house. She is smart, hoping that the good word of mouth would help their business. Personally, enjoyed the food but still on the pricey side. Not very crowded either, so it's still finding its way or there are others who think that the price value might not be all that good. I would go back, simply because of Amy.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

A big thank you to the chef and staff (Sean/Shawn) at SeaSalt Restaurant. My husband booked the restaurant based on the reviews on opentable.com. He noted in the online reservation that it was our anniversary and that he wanted a choice of either a view OR privacy depending on my (the wife's) liking, what a good man! The host offered both choices upon our arrival. We chose the view. Staff were attentive and well educated on the menu. I had the jersey corn and crab soup to start. It was delicious. A smooth, creamy corn broth with nice pieces of sweet crab. It was garnished with creme fraiche, Sriracha (yum and a perfect accompaniment), and chives. My husband had the SeaSalt salad. A simple, not overly dressed (a good thing) salad which he welcomed after many a fried seafood meal and beach burgers. Entrees- I had the scallops with pureed cauliflower, he the 28 day aged rib eye with grilled scallions. Both delicious and cooked perfectly. Let me pause to say, we have a family joke that a member of our family (usually my husband) always ends up with a completely inedible meal, whether it a $10 hamburger or a $40 rack of lamb, something always goes awry. As we enjoy dining out often, it is unfortunately a costly joke that has ruined many a meal. That being said, this meal was wonderful! My husband and I had a bet on what herb/spice was used on the roasted yukon potatoes. I asked Sean, our server. I expected a "I don't know, let me find out" from our young, surfer drawled server. To my surprise, he told me that the restaurants "fines herbes" mix included tarragon (the ingredient we couldn't place). "Ah ha!" I did not expect that response from the young server. Sean continued to point our meal in the right direction suggesting the house made burnt honey ice cream (he suggested the sundae), we opted on just the ice cream as we were so full from the delicious meal. OMG! So good, creamy, flavorful, it was the meal ender that I was craving. Beach... home made ice cream, not the artificial, churned with too much air stuff you get on the boardwalk. Our dessert also came out with a candle and "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate, what a nice ending to a very memorable meal. To note- all of the staff were attentive, folding napkins as gets got up from their chairs, re-filling drinks, helping guests with menu options, etc. SeaSalt also appeared to be family friendly as well. Many very well behaved children were seated outside on the patio. Meals of gourmet chicken fingers (appeared to be panko crusted) and sliders were seen from my vantage point. All seemed to enjoy. BTW- the English pea risotto looked very good. I guess I will have to go back to try that!! Thanks again to the Chef and staff for making our 17th Anniversary such a memorable one.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I dined at SeaSalt with family on 8-4-13. The modern décor and upscale yet relaxing seaside atmosphere were just a part of the AMAZING dining experience. The service was outstanding. The staff were very knowledgeable of everything on the menu. Our dinner party shared four appetizers (smoked trout, calamari, tuna belly, and red snapper ceviche with salmon roe and chili dusted tortilla chips, which were still warm from being freshly made ) and not one of us could decide which was a favorite. All were absolutely delicious! If I had to pick one, I would have to say that the red snapper ceviche with tortilla chips would be my "must have" appetizer the next time I dine at SeaSalt and would be excited to try something new, too. All entrees were incredible as well. I savored every bite of the 28 day-aged ribeye in a red wine reduction. Family members ordered the scallops and grilled artic char and enjoyed their dinner. For dessert, we ordered and shared the ginger scented crème brulee, the strawberries and cream napoleon, and banana spring roll with crème anglaise and burnt honey ice cream. All were amazing but my favorite was the banana spring roll and burnt honey ice cream. As a coffee lover, to end the night, I truly enjoyed the French roast coffee. I cannot wait to return to SeaSalt and highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I dined at SeaSalt with my family on 7/29/13. The atmosphere is modern and relaxing, staff friendly and knowledgeable, and food unique and tasty. Our server, Elise, was outstanding. She recommended I try their mango mojito (virgin). The drink was sweet and refreshing. Bread came out in a timely fashion after we ordered. The Chef sent out a complementary appetizer dish of smoked trout, salmon roe, and pickled beets, on iceberg lettuce. Although this was a dish I did not originally think I would like, it turned out to be very good. The smoked trout was flavorful and a little bit salty-sweet, while the roe, beets, and lettuce provided perfect accents. We had ordered calamari, lobster ravioli, and corn and crab soup as appetizers. The calamari was great, unfortunately I didn't realize until the end of the dish that you have to eat the calamari with the capers and lemon used as seasoning. The lobster ravioli was sweet like molasses and rich, but not too filling. I think the corn and crab soup was my favorite. I would definitely recommend this for anyone visiting SeaSalt. It is a sweet explosion of jersey corn with plenty of jumbo lump crab. Next was entrees. I ordered the Linguini Fra Diablo. The pasta was al dente and the sauce flavorful and very spicy. The squid ink used in the pasta gave it a nice color. We also ordered the ribeye, scallops, and prawns. All were excellent and I would recommend them to anybody. For desert we ordered the creme brûlée, SeaSalt sundae, and lemon sponge cake. The creme brûlée was good and the homemade ginger snaps were excellent. The SeaSalt sundae was also very very good. The lemon sponge cake was slightly sweet, and, because it was made with olive oil, light. It was topped with homemade whipped cream and curd, and fresh blueberries and strawberries. It was paired with blueberry sherbet. This was the perfect finish to an incredible meal. The presentation for all the dishes was artistic and appetizing, the portion size was just right, and the flavors were new and inventive. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Overall it was a great evening out in Cape May.