“STAY AWAY”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Wenonah, New Jersey
“STAY AWAY”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

You can tell sometimes before you even sit down. Everyone is sitting at an empty table and looking at each other. People were getting up and leaving because no one came to their table. When I arrived with kids for breakfast at 10:00 a.m. Asked for chocolate milk and was told there is no milk in the restaurant..."we're out of milk". We waited a half an hour for someone to take our order and another half an hour for the most terrible food.

• Visited June 2014

Clifton, New Jersey
“Lunch At The Beach House”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Food was terrible-Hamburger Was coldand bun was stale French Fries were drench in oil.Crab Cake was all bread crumbs. waste off money!

• Visited June 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“A waste of real estate.”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were visiting Cape May for the day after spending a week on the New Jersey Shore at the end of the summer. We found this restaurant for lunch as we walked around town, because it has a lovely location right on the beach. The location definitely draws you in, however, the inside of the restaurant was average to dingy. We were with my in-laws as well as my children and literally everything we had was nearly inedible (and we are not very picky eaters). The chicken noodle soup my daughter ordered tasted rancid, and after she didn't eat it, the waiter (who was very nice by the way and slightly embarrassed by the poor quality of food), tasted it in the kitchen and removed it from our bill apologizing for its taste. A couple of us ordered the chicken gyro, which had no sauce, just stale break and dry chicken. The other lunches were also just very poor quality and no where near worth the price. I feel badly writing such a negative review, but I really don't believe that a restaurant should charge for the kind of food that was being served at our lunch.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jennifer S
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty and relaxing.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice friendly place. They have an amazing view on the deck and a very nice lounge music. Me and my family, we had a good lunch. The service is good, the food is tasty. You can have special requests. I recomand this place.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Richie D
Newark, Delaware
“Overpriced for food I could have made better at home.”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife stopped here for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. I ordered a turkey and cheese sandwich on toast and my wife ordered the chicken wrap special. My sandwich came out with turkey and mayo...no cheese. I sent it back and they brought it back out with the cheese. I asked what happened to the pickle that it was supposed to come with and the waitress said they ran out of pickles yesterday and so they were giving everyone extra chips as a replacement. Seriously? If you run out of pickles yesterday (or anything else for that matter) you should go pick some up temporarily until your bulk food order arrives. That's like serving sundaes and being temporarily out of maraschino cherries but pouring extra fudge sauce on top as a replacement. At any rate, the sandwich was something I could have made better at home. There was no tomato, no lettuce...just cheese, mayo and turkey. My wife's chicken wrap was drowning in dressing to the point that she couldn't finish it. Plus, it was $12 for this dripping mess. Overall, two sandwiches and two iced teas was $30...not including the tip. Wow. We will not be back to this sad excuse for a restaurant.

• Visited September 2013