“Horrible”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
White Plains, New York
“Horrible”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Does anyone know who Chef Ramsey is? If yes, then he needs to visit this place.

The food was horrible. I wouldn't feed my dog the food if I had one. The only best part was the view.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Willow7417

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Fries, chicken souvlaki, all of it terrible”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Like most of the other reviewers I was excited to have a nice casual meal on the beach. My husbands tilapia came out undercooked and he had to send it back. The waitress recommended the chicken souvlaki. The chicken was cold and so overcooked it was scorched on part of the chicken. The fries were soaked with fat, not crispy and cold. The waitress was lovely but the food was horrific. I would have sent my food back, but I could tell that there was nothing the kitchen could do to fix it because it just is bad food, poorly cooked. I don't know how they stay in business. It's clear no one goes back twice. Dont' go here

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank MM B
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Gordon Ramsey should visit this place.”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The view was the only thing this place had going for it.

We went here after a great time on the beach, hoping to end the evening on a full stomach. When we entered the patio, there weren't many people - after us, quite a few people came. Judging by the vibe, we all ordered uncomplicated dishes - a slice of pizza, burgers, salad. All bland. Yet... we waited for 30-40 minutes. We had finished our drinks in that time, and then charged for the 2nd glass. All the while watching those that came after us receive their meal.

I chose a BLT and a side of onion rings - you can't really mess that up, right? Wrong. My bread was stale, my bacon seemed it had been made maybe early in the morning and stuck in the fridge, and my tomatoes were semi-frozen. Also, it wasn't after the meal was brought, she informed me they had no onion rings and brought partially cooked, saturated in oil fries.

The waitress felt the need to speak slowly to us, which was odd. I don't often experience such things, not sure if it was because we were the most colored of the guests [Indian] -- but she did not pay us much attention. If she had - maybe I could've had more grace on the crap food.

2 of our group had the crabcake sandwich - they said it wasn't terrible but it was bland. 1 had the burger, asked for medium well, it was more on the rare side. 1 had a slice of pepperoni pizza [after she was denied the slice of white pizza, white pizza with spinach, and white pizza with veggies] said she was better off with frozen pizza. The last person had the Fattoush salad - and that had no taste, and the lemon dressing, was just oil, with a hint of lemon.

You are honestly better off grabbing a meal anywhere else/packing a dinner picnic and sitting on the beach. If only I could turn back time...

• Visited August 2012
6 Thank GraceVarghese
Perrineville, New Jersey
“Stay Away!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We went to the Beach House last year after Henry's was gone. Dinner was horrible, and they tried to immitate the menu of Henry's but the food is not worth eating. I believe these owners are the same one that owned Oasis which was fast food and ice cream near the old convention hall.

Nothing has changed from last year! This restaurant needs to go, maybe Stumpos could return and rent out this space.

The view is great but unless you ask, you are not seated near the only thing this restaurant has.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank msprez_nj
“I can't believe that this place replaced Henry's.”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have been coming to Cape May for summer vacation for years. Henry's on the Beach was always a favorite. When the Beach House took over my family an I gave it a try. We were very disappointed. The waiters and hostess were friendly but the food was terrible. I had beer battered cod, simple enough, but the fish was dry and tasteless. The sauce for our shrimp cocktail was impossible to dip the shrimp in and the rice tasted like the chef dumped a pound of cilantro in it. I could continue but all in all the food was horrible.