“Can't Say Enough”

Cape May Brewing Company
Ranked #9 of 59 things to do in Cape May
More attraction details
Owner description: Once upon a time, twenty-something Ryan Krill earned a six-figure salary working in finance and real estate development in Manhattan, while his college roommate, Chris Henke, designed satellites. During a summer weekend at the Jersey shore, they brewed a batch of beer with Ryan's dad that wasn't half bad. "Should we open a brewery?" Ryan asked, only half-serious. But, by the following year, the three guys had secured a space at Cape May Airport where they concocted a makeshift brew system and honed their beer-making skills. They opened their doors in 2011 and started with one client. Today, there are over 300 accounts in Jersey and Pennsylvania proudly serving the guys' award-winning recipes. And CMBC's fearless leaders have never looked back.
New Jersey
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Can't Say Enough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I really can't say enough about this wonderful microbrewery. Walked in with the wife in tow (not a beer person) about an hour before closing. We were greeted immediately upon walking in by Ryan Krill. Not the "I'm gonna say hi because I have to" hello. The "I'm genuinely glad that you're here to share in this awesome thing we're doing" hello.

Honestly, that was my first impression--that the purveyors of this rustic little microbrewery were genuinely happy that we were there. And it just got better from there. Over by the taps, we met Bob Krill whose passion and love for the whole operation is evident. In the midst of sampling some truly outstanding beers (the Beach Plum Ale was unreal) Bob showed us around and shared some really interesting stories about how they acquired/built different parts of their brewing system. Viewing the various examples of Chris Henke's mechanical engineering creativity was a tour all in itself.

We also learned tip #1 for visiting CMBC-- get there early. The Tomato Wheat beer was already gone when we got there, and there almost wasn't enough IPA left for me to fill a growler to take home.

Tip #2-- bring your significant other even if he/she doesn't like beer. My wife loved the Beach Plum Ale and greatly enjoyed talking to Bob and learning about the brewery. She already asked when we were going back.

Bottom line-- a great microbrewery run by very friendly guys who are passionate about beer.

Make the trip-- you won't be dissapointed.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Kayger12

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

While in Cape May during the Memorial Day holiday,my son and his wife visited and told me of a new brewery in Cape May. After we enjoyed a day at the Cape May Winery we asked about where the new brewery was and were directed to the Cape May Airport. After a little drive we arrived at a typical row of warehouse/offices at the airport and found the brewery thanks to some well placed signs. The operation is professional, the atmosphere is casual. We arrived late so we weren't able to partake of the bbq, but still had plenty of time to sample the beer. First let me say "WOW" their wheat beer is unbelievable! The IPA is exceptional, although my son and I differed on which one we liked better. Their honey porter took me back to when I would sneek a sip of my dad's beer when I was little, they were out of the fourth selection so I had to have the wheat beer again to finish off my day WooHoo! The brew masters are terrific at explaining their brewing philosphy and doing with such passion. I highly recommend visiting and tasting something wonderful and just have a chat with some very interesting people. Great Job CMBC!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank ease5
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Beer and BBQ, it's a party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

In an industrial type building at the County Airport, there's a party going on Saturday afternoons. Starting at noon, the Cape May Brewing Company offers beer tastings and BBQ to a growing number of fans. You can get four samples (4 oz each) of their local brew for $5 ($11 if you want a souvenir glass). Selection varies each week and we had the Saison IPA, Lawnmower blonde ale, honey porter and the Centennial IPA (winner of best IPA at the 2012 Atlantic City Beer Festival). Out back, the big BBQ sells sandwiches of pulled pork and 3 kinds of sausage with optional peppers and onions. If you want to take some beer home, it comes in refillable growlers ($10 for the growler and $10 for each fill up). As we sat, ate and drank, a steady stream of empty growlers came in and out the door, obviously getting filled for weekend partying. For some Saturday summer fun, stop by for great fresh beer b

1 Thank DoubleD1741
Philadelphia,PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Went on a tour of the winery it was very interesting. Had a few samples of their beer. Actually enjoyed them all! Nice Job!

Visited June 2012
Villas, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“More beer, please”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

CMBC is about as unpretentious as you get, and that's a good thing. It takes a bit of effort to find the place, which only adds to the fun--once you get there, you'll have a blast! The proprietors are true believers and will tell you everything you want to know about their beer, their history, and their passion for fine craft brews. Prices are right, and it's comforting to know that when my growler's empty, there's plenty of beer to fill it. Well done, guys!

Visited April 2012