“Perfect!”

Ocean Club Hotel
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I decided to book this hotel for my husband & I for the two days we were in town for my best friend's wedding. I was so glad I did! My husband & I although we love Cape May's atmosphere are not big on staying at bed & breakfast-type hotels. This exceeded our expectations. It had a great lounge room when you first walk in,with a couch & large flat screen TV,then modern bathroom to the left,followed by our bedroom with a king bed & balcony with an ocean view. The bed was luxurious,and the view could not be beat! The balcony was perfect, I loved sitting out there to watch the ocean. The staff was courteous & the furnishings & decor were modern & upscale. Even in the month of June it was so peaceful & not loud or full of rowdy people. I loved every minute & hope to be back sometime!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dream39

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I vacationed without the kids for the first time. The Ocean Club Hotel had a lot to offer. Clean and modern suite; we chose to stay on the adult only 6th floor. View of the ocean couldn't be beat. Walking distance to Washington Mall and great restaurants. Unfortunately the bathroom was tiny. There wasn't enough space for both of us to put our toiletries. Only one elavator servicing 6 floors. We stayed June 11-14 and luckily the hotel wasn't busy yet. Weather did not allow us to the use the pool and Tiki bar til Friday. But it was a lot of fun when we did use it. For the walking distance to shops and restaurants, ocean view, attentive staff, free parking super comfortable bed, I would recommend it in low season.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Thank goodness the room was wonderful as we spent so much time there due to an unfortunate stretch of bad weather. The hotel was clean and the room was spacious and very comfortable. We stayed in a room with a king sized bed which was extremely comfortable! Our room was on the second floor with an excellent view of the pool and okay view of the ocean. We were directly in front of the pool bar which during busier times could have been noisy but the poor weather kept the outside noise to a minimum. We were directly across the beach from the ocean and the hotel offers beach food service as well as beach chairs but you will need to purchase a beach pass which was 6 dollars per day. The pool was inviting and offered lots of seating as well as a convenient pool side bar. The hotel is located at the beginning of the promenade walkway which is convenient to several restaurants. There is a restaurant in house but we did not eat there so can't speak to the quality. Overall, loved our stay here and would definitely stay again but on a higher floor and hopefully with better weather!

Room Tip: choose higher floor to get away from bustle of pool bar and music
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I can't say enough about this place, super clean, the staff especially Pam the bartender and John the pool guy were super, everyone was very friendly and the layout is great, the pool super clean. Very nice to have beach and pool service for food and drinks. A great place to stay....

Room Tip: The soaking tub room was awesome, but the rooms off the sun deck look really cool too. The ocean fro...
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Me and my wife had a very nice 2 day pre-season stay at the Ocean Club in early June. The hotel is on Beach Avenue, as close to the Ocean as you can get in Cape May.
You can tell that this must have been a property that only benefited from its location until some new management/owner decided to turn this resort into boutique-style. They succeeded 90 per cent of the way, rooms and pool area are particularly nice; staircases and parking lot still oozes some of the old style but that can easily be overlooked.
We chose a Cabana room on the second floor that offered a more or less private balcony atop the restaurant. We were lucky because we were the only ones and had the space to ourselves; might be different during high season.
Staff are friendly and helpful; gave us recommendations for nearby restaurants and printed directions. Rooms were equipped with two large comfy beds, a fridge and a modern bathroom.

Room Tip: Cabana Rooms are worth the premium
2  Thank BeenThereAlready_12
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was a first class hotel. As soon as we pulled into a parking space a bell hop helped us with our luggage. Our check in was quick and up to our third floor ocean view room. It was a spectacular view looking out on our balcony at the waves splashing ashore. Our room was clean and the beds had comfy quilts. The highlight of this hotel was their salt water heated pool with a tiki bar for cocktails. Our cabana boy was most helpful in providing us with lounge chairs, an umbrella and towels. I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the third floor or higher
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank barbwald56
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at Ocean Club Hotel June 3rd through June 5th. This I can say from my husband and me, the joy we felt as we tarried at the Ocean Club Hotel is set in our memories as our “It’s a Wonderful Life”.
The staff treated us in a professional manner, answered all questions. The hotel was extremely clean. They are detail oriented concerning their quests. The pillow top mattress the feather bed topper and the down pillows should tell you how relaxed one could be. I woke up with the ocean sounds of waves crashing on the beach. Get this, they have a keurig coffee pot and K-cups. We totally enjoyed our coffee. The pool surroundings were beautiful. I especially loved the palm trees swaying in the sea breese. It reminded me of Hawaii. The pool side drinks were amazing; I took two sips and was out like a light. The chaise lounge chairs at the beach as well as the complementary towels were so convenient for us. The Hotel was in close proximity to the Cape May Mall, and the Victorian homes. The outstanding, magnificent sun sets are just a nice walk to the end of the boardwalk. There you can see the old light house as well. We only stayed three nights at the Ocean Club Hotel, but this can go down in our history of life, as one of the best short vacations we have experienced.

Room Tip: We like to see the waves crashing on the beach, so we prefer higher rooms.
5  Thank Linda I