“Romantic and luxurious”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Staten Island, NY
“Romantic and luxurious”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The rooms are really well appointed, impeccably clean and the views are gorgeous. This was exactly what we wanted for our 16th anniversary weekend. We had a two room suite; with flat screen tv's, a mini fridge, a coffee machine and a microwave in the room which was plenty. The hotel has a heated pool and pool bar, as well as chairs on the beach with towel service which makes the entire experience feel like its worth the extra cost. And the view from the oceanfront rooms, especially at night is really lovely. We were there late September, when a wedding was taking place which was nice to see, but as other reviewers stated, they closed the restaurant and the pool bar mid afternoon. Everything is within walking distance, so it didn't trouble us too much and the Montreal Hotel right next door has a store that sells wine, water etc. as well as a nice restaurant and bar. The pool waitress walked by us several times without taking our order and when I stopped her she told me they stop serving food at 3:30 pm and I had just missed it. The overall attitude of the staff could be stiff and stand offish. The way some more expensive places want to remind you that its expensive by being aloof. This contrasted with the overall feeling of Cape May which is very warm and inviting. Overall we had a wonderful weekend and would definitely go back.

2 Thank shavworth
OCM_Management_Team, OCH Management at Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,
OCH Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Lebanon, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2012

just returned from Ocean Club in Cape May - have not been in Cape May for many years but a friend of ours had been there recently and highly recommended it. She stayed at Congress Hall and had a great time but we did our own search and decided on Ocean Club. Overall a great experience, newly renovated about a year ago with very stylish contempo decor but not stuffy. A nice thing about the hotel is that it has a smaller boutique hotel feel, yet there are many places to hang out ie the pool, tiki bar, Sea Salt restaurant. sun deck etc. In a nutshell, awesome views of shore, rooms feel very close to the ocean, all staff were friendly and helpful, and clean modern room. A note about Sea Salt restaurant - great for breakfast and also had dinner there. They have 'whole fish' on the menu, which if you want to give it a try this is the place. Relaxed atmosphere put me in a comfort zone to go out on a limb and do it - delicious and tender, this has also been recommended on several other postings we read. the only complaint my wife could come up with was after a long day of 'sunning' , she found the room towels a little scratchy and small

Room Tip: cabana rooms are on the same level as the pool and seem a little close to the action. we took a su...
Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Diane J
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This place has everything! We stayed in the room with the soaking tub. Since we biked everywhere, everyday, the tub was luxurious and we used it daily. Since we love slow mornings, we brought milk and cereal for breakfasts, however we did have dinner at the Sea Salt which was superb.
Lounging by the pool with towel service, cocktails and gourmet food delivered poolside, I felt as though we were staying at a resort. John at the pool was great and could not have been more accommodating! Best sliders on the East Coast served here! Pool is kept at 83 degrees and there was no chlorine, since the pool water is cleansed via a saline system. We loved the tiki hut with the Jamaican music! Drinks were top shelf and can be charged to your room. No worry about leaving credit cards or valuables poolside while swimming. Our room was clean and I loved the complimentary soaps, shampoos, bath salts, and conditioners. They had an orange scent, similar to orange cream sickles we've all eaten as children! Janet and the gals from housekeeping were the best and provided great service.
I had to call the front desk for assistance in rebooting the digital in-room safe on one occasion. Response time was 4 minutes!
While somewhat pricey, it was a beachfront room with a view of the ocean. Shutting off the AC, opening the sliding glass door and falling asleep to the scent of the salty air and the sound of the crashing waves, was heaven on earth. Will be returning often to this true Cape May Diamond!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank joycenurse94
tarpon springs
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Although I compliment the owners on a job well done with the remodel several pet peeves I have with hotels came to the forefront. First and most important, when a hotel decides to close their restaurant and bar for a private affair they should advise their paying guests that this was going to happen before they arrive for check in. I just find it amazing that we would be charged a Fours Season hotel price and have no facilities on a Saturday evening. A real disappointment.. The other items may seem petty but , get ice machines that do not sound like jet engines. They tend to keep you from getting a good night sleep. The bathrooms each have an exhaust fan which is wonderful. The fan unfortunately is on the same switch as the light so that in the middle of the night visit can wake whoever else may be in your room. Overall this is a not to bad place if you are looking for something other then a Bed and Breakfast which is what makes up most of Cape May. I did bring up my concern with the closing of the facilities when checking out but the best they had to offer was a "were sorry" Well I guess I am sorry for the so so review of your establishment.

Room Tip: You want to be above floor 3 for the best sunrise.
1 Thank buildinnj
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a wonderful spot to celebrate. We got married there and go back every year. Very nice place, special, quiet, beautiful views, great food, and steps from the sand! Absolutely love it! A little expensive.

• Stayed September 2012
Aston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I just got married in Cape May last Saturday and stayed at the Ocean Club Hotel during our stay and for our honeymoon. We stayed on the top floor in one of the ocean front penthouse suites. The room was immaculate. I especially enjoyed waking up each morning and looking out at the beautiful beach. The bed was by far the most comfortable bed my husband and I have ever slept in while on vacation. All of the staff was great and so eager to help make your stay as relaxing as can be. We enjoyed going to the beach each morning and not having to worry about setting up an umbrella or chairs. At the pool it was great having the Tiki bar there to enjoy some cocktails and great food while we soaked up the sun and swam in the pool. Overall we had a wonderful experience and will be definitely be staying there next year as we celebrate our one year anniversary as husband and wife!

Roxbury, New Jersey
Reviewed September 12, 2012

First of all if I ever need the best picture possible of myself or a website I will hire whoever this hotel hired. When you pull up there is a parking lot out back whiich is very convenient. The common areas are very unattractive and not air conditioned. When we looked at the hotel from the parking lot it was reminiscent of "Jailhouse Rock". The front desk looks like a veteriarian's waiting room (not a Dr's) Some of the areas are very institutional and downright ugly and depressing. I reserved in advance and requested a room on third or fourth floor because of a fear of heights, then I called a few days before to reaffirm my request . When we arrived we were on the fifth floor. This just gives an attitude of you're stuck now that you're here. They then put us on the second floor over the pool and the bar with a diminished view of the ocean. I called so I wouldn't be punished for my request.
In all fairness many hotels in popular areas have this cavalier attitude. The room was very nice but you can tell it wasn't always so. The bed is clean comfortable and tthe location is great. The air conditioner is a nightmare. It bangs on and off the whole time it's on. It woke us up all night because it sounds like someone coming in the door. They could also spring for free coffee in the morning. So basically you enter two worlds when you come here. The rooms , pool, and the restaurant to some extent are fine. But the halls, the front desk, the lack of coffee and inattention to detail make it feel a little shoddy.

Room Tip: If possible get room with ocean view