“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
WIndsor, NY
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

They had only been opened four days when we checked in the end of June. They have totally done over the hotel. Bathrooms small but very modern. We had the suite. A living room with a pullout couch and flatscreen tv, bedroom with flat screen tv off balcony. Beds
very comfortable. Everyone friendly and accommodating. They were still finishing touches to be done. They put us in a 2nd floor room. No bedskirt, just the mattress showing. Only sheer curtains. No privacy. We were right by the bar and pool. When we
went back to the desk, they changed our room to the 4th floor. All their 'block out'
curtains hadn't come in yet. So, they have a few quirks to work out. We will be back!

The comlimentary beach chairs, towels and umbrellas alone would bring me back there. They even set them up for you! Very clean, comfortable hotel. Walkable to a lot
of shops and restaurants. Their restaurant wasn't quite open yet. Can't wait to try it
next time. They bend over backwards to make your stay pleasant.

4 Thank Zoe053
OCM_Management_Team, Manager at Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Thank you for your review and the photos you posted! We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We totally enjoyed our stay. The staff couldn't do more for us to make our staymore enjoyable. The managers,in particular, a Leo Eleza could not have been nicer to us in making our stay a most enjoyable one. Every aspect of the hotel was great. The owner, Nick Nezaj was a very approachable guy who really would do anything to make our stay a most enjoyable one. We enjoyed ourselves so much we made reservations to return again in September. I would very highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Its definetely a KEEPER!!! Thanks again to the entire staff in making our stay enjoyable and most memorable!!! See you soon.

Bob A. Scandariato

1 Thank bscan
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We just got home from our vacation at this newly renovated hotel and it was wonderful!!
The Ocean Club, formerly "the Atlas" bears no resemblance to it's predecessor.
This hotel is beautiful! The rooms are tastefully done,the beds are so comfortable and the pool and bar area offering poolside waitress service were outstanding.
.We were able to have complimentary chairs, towels and umbrellas set up for us at the beach. The staff here is ready, willing and able to assist your every need.
I must also add that one of the owners of the hotel, Nick, went over and above what any hotel owner has ever done for us in the past to make our stay pleasant. Anyway, I would definitely recommend giving this place a try.I think it will surprise you.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank norm470
OCM_Management_Team, Manager at Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2011
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you soon!
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We just returned from 3 days at The Ocean Club and booked another weekend before we left the hotel. This new gem Cape May is bound to breath some much needed life into (although beautiful) dated beach town. The rooms were bright, clean and stylishly decorated. The staff did everything but backward cartwheels to make sure our stay was a good one. Major kudos to Leo, Stephen, Susie & Sarah. Forgive me for not gettting the names of all the rest of you, but you were all so very helpful. It's true that the restaurant had not yet opened while we were there, but the treatment and kindness showed to us by owner Nick Nezaj more than made up for that. I understand the restaurant will be open by this weekend. It looks beautiful even now. Only wishing I were able to stay a few more days. The Ocean Club is certainly going to be our new home away from home in Cape May.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank beachboundalways_11
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Stayed here with my wife during opening weekend at this newly renovated hotel and man, is this place impressive. I’ve been to Cape May a few times before and never really cared to spend too much time in the hotel I was staying at since there’s so much to do and see in the area but this place, I didn’t want to leave. Everything is top notch and so inviting. The rooms are new and modern, and very comfortable. The pool area is absolutely beautiful and where we spent most of our time unwinding. They had some free snacks at the bar around mid-day for everyone which was a pleasant surprise.
There was still some work going on in the hotel during my stay. It seemed like it was focused on the restaurant, which wasn’t opened unfortunately. The staff said it was supposed to open very soon. Wish I could have experienced that but I wasn’t aware that there was going to be a restaurant on the premises until we arrived. Maybe next time.
Thanks to the all the staff for making our stay a very memorable one. You guys rock

3 Thank goodlifeorbust
OCM_Management_Team, Manager at Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review! We hope you visit us again soon.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I must say, I did not think I would enjoy myself as much as I did at the Ocean Club in Cape May. My wife and I, go down to Cape May, once a year from Allentown, PA. We were even more skeptical when our reservation was bumped up because of a delay in construction.
When we arrived, we felt we were at a 5 Star hotel in Miami, the valet boys took our car, as the bell hop hurried to grab all of our luggage and bring it up to our room. A beautiful young lady opened the door for us to get in to their beautiful lobby. I was upset to see the restaurant still under construction, and I did notice a few spots still needing to be touched up, however, as a contractor, I understand what it means to do a renovation like the one they did.

The front desk people were so warm and inviting. They offered us something to drink, while they looked us up in the computer.

We had a suite, and let me tell you something. IT WAS SWEET! The room was very nicely put together. The bed was very very very comfortable, and if you are someone who loves pillows, the bed is full of them.

I never liked going to Cape May, as much as I did this time. I go more for my wife, because it is a childhood memory of her place. I have had a hard time staying at other resorts in Cape May, because they lack the modern feel and luxury. Ocean Club, thank you for making Cape May, one of my favorite places to unwind.

The Tiki Bar (still missing it's sign as I was told), Tiki1035, was such a great place to hang out, and a lot of people not staying at Ocean Club come there to suck in the view of the ocean and drink.

Ocean Club, can not wait to come back again, and especially after you work out all the little kinks, but I am still give you an amazing review, compared to what I have seen in Cape May in the past....

kudos to Ocean Club...

6 Thank thompsonPA
OCM_Management_Team, Manager at Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Thank you for your kind words! We're really happy you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you and your wife soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Enjoyed a great opening weekend at Ocean Club with 15 friends/4 families. Rooms, furniture, lobby, pool, oceanfront location and staff all fantastic. Only downside was tiny tiny bathroom, although beautifully remodeled fixtures. Also parking and beach chairs were added bonus and nice perk compared to other hotels in cape may. Almost complete renovation --restaurant opening in a few weeks, elevator, hallway and parking lot remodels probably in off season. Rest is gorgeous. Rita (one of managers) especially helpful -- helped us have a pizza party on sun deck Saturday night so we didn't have to find a restaurant that would take 15 people with lots of noisy kids)--worked out perfectly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank LandlockedNoVA
Thank you for the review, and we're so glad you all enjoyed your stay with us!