“I Am Hooked!”

Birding By Boat on the Osprey
More attraction details
Owner description: Birding By Boat from Cape May. We run eco-tours of Cape May Harbor and the coastal salt marsh with up close views of local wildlife. We see many Osprey, migrating shorebirds, herons and egrets, nesting colonies of gulls and terns and many other species as we cruise through the tranquil back bays. Evening trips have the added beauty of sunset along with a local heron rookery. Come join us on one of these special trips.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Gibbstown, New Jersey
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“I Am Hooked!”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

I have lost count on how many times I have sailed on The Osprey with Captain Bob and Naturalist David Lord and also Vince Elia, since my first sailing in Oct. Of of 2011. My last sailing was a special excursion to Gull Island on August 23, 2014. This cruise was over 4 hours long and not only included birds, but also a magnificent sunset and beautiful stars on the return journey. Anyone who enjoys being on the water, seeing birds and/or photography must try sailing on the Osprey!!! I have brought my husband and several friends to sail and they have all enjoyed it immensely.

Visited August 2014

Havertown, Pennsylvania
“A attraction for all ages!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This was really well done. Whether you're a bird watching fanatic or just looking for something to do, this is a lot fun. The guide Dave and the Captain Bob were very experienced and friendly. They provided binoculars which is very much appreciated. Why are you still reading this review, and not driving there!?!? GO!

Visited August 2014
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great bird watching experience”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a must tour for interested birders. There is much bird life to be seen on this tour, and both the boat captain and the naturalist made sure that we would see it all. Both were knowledgeable and patient. The binoculars that they provided were very high quality.

Columbia, Maryland
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“What a surprising & cool find!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Yay Groupon! We never would have even know about this otherwise. From my 72 year old mother to my 6 year old niece, we had a blast. And I will DEFINITELY be back. And this isn't just a trip for birders.
Captain Bob was extremely knowledgable - about the area's history AND the birds. (and avoiding the green biting flies. He recommends the morning or evening trip, when the flies aren't around so much. But - in the two hour trip, we only dealt with flies for maybe 10 minutes total.) He even knows the mating pairs' personalities, and we got super close to one nesting site where the parents are laid back & just stared back at us. And we (well, he spotted & we saw) 2 unusual ones for this area at this time of year: A black scoter and whimberells. Who knew that the number one nesting place for a certain kind of seagull (you know, the kind that steal your food on the beach?) was right in Cape May's backwaters? Yep, we pulled right up and saw those babies, too. This may be a hidden gem in the Cape May area - GO FOR IT!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank adventuresome4
Nutley, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Cruise with Friendly Guides”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to go on the sunday morning cruise. She is very into birdwatching and I was along for the ride. The guides were so knowledgeable and friendly, that they kept my attention the entire time. I recommend this trip to trip to anyone. Even just for the beautiful boat ride, I would find it worth it.

Visited June 2014