“Great bird watching experience”

Birding By Boat on the Osprey
More attraction details
Owner description: Birding By Boat from Cape May. We run eco-tours of Cape May Harbor and the coastal salt marsh with up close views of local wildlife. We see many Osprey, migrating shorebirds, herons and egrets, nesting colonies of gulls and terns and many other species as we cruise through the tranquil back bays. Evening trips have the added beauty of sunset along with a local heron rookery. Come join us on one of these special trips.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a must tour for interested birders. There is much bird life to be seen on this tour, and both the boat captain and the naturalist made sure that we would see it all. Both were knowledgeable and patient. The binoculars that they provided were very high quality.

All reviews
"beautiful nature"
"love birds"
"tour times"

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Yay Groupon! We never would have even know about this otherwise. From my 72 year old mother to my 6 year old niece, we had a blast. And I will DEFINITELY be back. And this isn't just a trip for birders.
Captain Bob was extremely knowledgable - about the area's history AND the birds. (and avoiding the green biting flies. He recommends the morning or evening trip, when the flies aren't around so much. But - in the two hour trip, we only dealt with flies for maybe 10 minutes total.) He even knows the mating pairs' personalities, and we got super close to one nesting site where the parents are laid back & just stared back at us. And we (well, he spotted & we saw) 2 unusual ones for this area at this time of year: A black scoter and whimberells. Who knew that the number one nesting place for a certain kind of seagull (you know, the kind that steal your food on the beach?) was right in Cape May's backwaters? Yep, we pulled right up and saw those babies, too. This may be a hidden gem in the Cape May area - GO FOR IT!

1  Thank adventuresome4
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to go on the sunday morning cruise. She is very into birdwatching and I was along for the ride. The guides were so knowledgeable and friendly, that they kept my attention the entire time. I recommend this trip to trip to anyone. Even just for the beautiful boat ride, I would find it worth it.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We took the 10 am cruise on Sunday, 6/1 and had a wonderful time! The captain was able to take us into some of the difficult-to-reach areas because the water in the bay was quite high. Both the captain and his assistant (I can't remember their names but they were both a wealth of information) provided us with viewings of many different shore birds as well as lots and lots of nesting ospreys!

We had brought our own binoculars onto the boat not realizing that they have some top quality binoculars available for participants to borrow. I was very happy that I had my camera with the 400mm lens on board. It was the perfect reach for most of the birds!

We look forward to taking the sunset cruise the next time we're in Cape May!

1  Thank bouncingbunny
See more reviews
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is a trip for everybody - keen bird watchers, casual bird watchers, or just those who enjoy a boat ride in beautiful surrpundings. Vince, the naturalist, was a mine of information. I learned more from him in two hours than from many years of self-tuition and reading books. He was enthusiastic as well as knowledgeable. Bob, the skipper, knew all the best places to go. Because the tide was high, he was able to take us into creeks which are not always accessible and he extended the tour beyond the normal time. The boat is comfortable and stable with good views all round. Excellent binoculars are available for those who haven't got their own.

1  Thank RLP50