“Sleepy Hollow”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Sleepy Hollow”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The East Lynne Theater Company's production of 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' was fabulous!! The actors were professional, the cost of the tickets were reasonable, and the show was just utterly enjoyable. The best part is that there is not a bad seat in the house!

1 Thank peachgirl_10

Manchester Township, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun, Funny and Poignant Theater Experiences!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We celebrated my father's 60th birthday party last November, the week after Hurricane Sandy hit, in Cape May with family, and we had the opportunity to see a Sherlock Holmes production, and just a few weeks ago my cousin and I went to see a production of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow!

Both were excellent, and I'm a big fan of this theater troupe! They are very funny and entertaining, but also poignant and they hit all of the important emotional notes you expect in good theater. Very professionally run and well executed, while maintaining a community, local feel and spirit.

It also doesn't hurt that they are going to be doing theater on the porch tomorrow evening (August 29th) at my favorite bed & breakfast, the Blue Rose.

Just an all around great theater company that I try to see every time I'm down in Cape May! I highly recommend it!

“Amazing”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We saw The Headless Horseman. It was a great play done by only 6 people. Great props and characters. I definitely recommend this to other people.

Cape May, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The Legend of Leepy Hollow is family fun fare.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I was never crazy about the Disney version of Sleepy Hollow, but I really enjoyed James Rana's adaption. Kids will be spooked, but in a fun way. The villain (Justin Bennett) deserved to be hissed and this Ichabod, played by Matt Bacter Luceno is so cute I thought that maybe this time he would get the girl. It is a fun production, suitably scarey. The actors have a great time playing many parts, but rubber face Thomas Raniszewski seems to have the best time. Go see it, I mean who can resist doo whop ghosts.

Visited July 2013
W. Cape May, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Attended a performance of The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow this past week, on Thursday night, with members of my family- youngest @ age 12 and the most senior @ age 83. All enjoyed this production greatly. The cast was of a high professional standard and the staging of the show was effective, inventive and flowed well. The play included straight drama, moments of light comedic characterizationand the addition of a musical element, with both guitar and singing, included in this play which was a nice addition, especially so for my niece, the youngest of our group. The singing was pitch perfect with vocals that were sweet &/or pleasant; confident and strong. Highly Recommend - Well done!

2 Thank pcburke