“Ghost Tour”
Review of Elaine's

Ranked #74 of 138 Restaurants in Cape May
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: One visit and you'll know why Elaine's Famous Dinner Theater has been voted one of the top five dinner theaters in the country by the Food Network! The dinner theater package includes a full-course meal with delicious appetizers, and your choice of several sumptuous entrees, along with a wonderful live show put on by the area's most talented actors. Reservations recommendedWe can happily accommodate large parties!
Parkton, Maryland, United States
“Ghost Tour”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just did the ghost tour. Gotta say, i think our tour guide Joe made the experience extremely informative and also keep things a bit funny. I think you really can't experience cape may untill u do this ghost tour. And make sure its with Joe!!!

2 Thank Sambo H
Lauren E, Public Relations Manager at Elaine's, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your input. Joe really is great...isn't he! We also have ghost hunter weekends!

Northern New Jersey
“"wonderful time"”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Okay, where do I start? Making the reservations for dinner was easy. I even requested a dinner table for two as I wanted our experience to be romantic. This would be my husband's first trip to Elaine's while I was in attendance back in June 2009. Earlier on Monday afternoon, I called to see if they would be able to accommodate my request. I spoke to a staff member and she let me know that the hostess would call me back. Both were pleasant and seemingly attentive. My husband and I arrived for dinner by 7pm. We went to the bar and we both enjoyed a tasty beverage. The barmaid was very friendly. There was an inviting ambiance in the air that lingered. The dinner theatre would be performing to a full house. (out in the parking lot, there were two senior tour buses)

To start, we ordered the crab fritters for our appetizer. They were nicely seasoned and tasted fresh. I had the lobster bisque soup and my husband the New England clam chowder. I chose the steak for my entree and my husband the fried cod with lobster pieces. We did not have any complaints. There were warm rolls to add to the feast. For dessert, and I only ate some of it because I was FULL, we both selected the ice cream parfait. The portions were adequate throughout all of the courses. Oh, I did have coffee. From start to finish, Michelle- our waitress, was TERRIFIC!!! She was gracious and pleasant. The service enhanced our experience. The play, "Sixteen Candelabras", was funny and interactive. We thoroughly enjoyed a wonderful time!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank nyu314
Lauren E, Public Relations Manager at Elaine's, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
We are so happy to hear about your dinner theater experience at Elaine's. It's customers like you that make Elaine's such a wonderful place! We hope to see you at our Halloween Vampire Bash, October 27!
Pittstown, New Jersey
“Was a good place to go”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We didn't see or go to this place this time but did 1yr. ago. It was very good then so I hope next Yr. We can go.

Visited September 2012
Lauren E, Public Relations Manager at Elaine's, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Brian,
We would love to have you again! Our current show is 16 Candelabras, a play on 80's classics with a twist of vampire.

Thanks again,
New Jersey
“Drinks and Breakfast”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have been to the dinner theater but my review this year is the evening drinks and day after breakfast at Elaine’s. My family and I stopped at Elaine’s for evening drinks prior to going over two blocks to the stage theater. We loved the Bar. Old fashioned. Not much room for table service so try to get a chair at the bar. The other sitting alternative is to sit out on the veranda, which leads to my next review. We had a wonderful breakfast out on the veranda. The service was great, the food excellent. Happy travels!

• Visited September 2012
Lauren E, Public Relations Manager at Elaine's, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We are glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable time at Elaine's! Come back again for our Halloween Bash, October 27th. Thank you for your input!

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Great show! Good food. Very relaxing, fun and entertaining!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

There are 2 parts to visiting Elaine's Famous Dinner Theater. The food and the show, so I'll talk about them separately. Also, its important too keep in mind that you're at a relaxed and fun dinner theater, not Phantom on Broadway in NYC.

The facility - To the credit of Elaine's, they have their own parking lot. In a busy place like Cape May, the fact that you can park there is wonderful. I do recommend getting there early. We came for a 50% filled theater, and the parking lot seemed pretty packed. So I cant vouch for a sold out night. The place was comfortable, historic, and classy. Before the shows, you're welcome to drink at the bar. This area is a bit of a tight squeeze, but we were able to get 2 reasonably priced drinks. This was a welcome change from most places.

The dinner - The dinner was pretty good. I had few real small qualms. The lack of a physical menu. It is verbal, which can be challenging with accents, noise, and mentally parsing the options. It's hard to see if an entree is pasta based, or just a crab cake standalone. My other qualm was the small salad serving. Even for this type of venue, I think the salad could have had a bit more substance. I had cod which came with some lump lobster, which was very good. I was pleasantly surprised, since I'm not a big fish eater. My wife had the salmon, which she enjoyed. Finally, the desserts were good as well.

All in all, the food was very good.

The entertainment - We saw the show "16 Candelabras," which was a take on the John Hughes and other classic movies of the 80s. What a GREAT show. The cast was funny, personal, talented, and incredibly entertaining. They inserted the right amount of audience interaction and 'breaking of character' to keep it upbeat, fun, and hilarious. Well done! For anyone who remember the 80s, this will be a great amount of fun.

My only qualm with the show was that there were young children permitted. There are other shows at Elaine's which are targeted at young kids, or at least kid friendly. Children would not be entertained by this show, and subsequently spend the entire show talking loudly, with parents hushing them in the background. And I know everyone loves the sight of a cell phone/tablet glowing in the dark during a show. I would highly advise management to restrict the ages of this show to 10+, purely for the benefit of other guests and the show.

I would love to come back and see other shows at Elaine's. Definitely on my to do list for my next trip to Cape May!

1 Thank Shaka_Dog
Lauren E, Public Relations Manager at Elaine's, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable time here at Elaine's Famous Dinner Theater. We appreciate your input and will consider all of the suggestions that you offered. We apologize that there were noisy children in the Theater during the show. We do try to steer parents towards attending the Haunted Mansion Restaurant if they have smaller children. Our annual Halloween Vampire Bash is coming up this October 27 and our Holiday show, Scrooge, begins playing this November. We hope to see you again soon!