“Super Pricey with a side of Terrible Service”

Vanilla Bean Creamery
Ranked #14 of 17 Dessert in Cape May
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-vanilla-bean-creamery-cape-may
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-vanilla-bean-creamery-cape-may
“Super Pricey with a side of Terrible Service”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I are staying in Cape May on vacation and the thought of homemade ice cream was appealing. We were excited about the selection of flavors, but were immediately put off by the nasty woman taking out order. My daughters, who are 4 and 7, ordered their ice cream and received a nasty scowl from the lady. My father-in-law mentioned that his rum raisin didnt taste like rum and he jumped in and complained that people giver her a hard time about "too much" or "too little" rum and she's sick of hearing about it. Most of the flavors were so-so. The Banana butterfinger was delicious. Four 2 child ice creams and five adult smalls it was over thirty seven dollars. It certainly wasn't worth the nasty comments. My main regret is not putting her in her place for acting so terrible to my daughters. Don't sell ice cream if you hate people! Will never return.

• Visited June 2013

Pittsgrove, New Jersey
“Great Homemade IceCream but.....”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The ice cream was incredible but our cherry was absolutely bad. No biggie, as we just figured we'd inform the staff member. She acted as if she was offended and insisted that those types of cherries are supposed to taste that way. My husband and I have had may of those particular cherries, as my husband actually works in the industry. She was very rude. Will not go back.

Visited May 2013
Latrobe
“Huge Portions”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

A huge portion of ice cream is served, so order the small unless you have a hearty appetite. Everyone in our group loved the flavors that they had. The butter pecan has big chunks of nuts which is really nice. The only complaint is the mosquitos: we nearly got eaten alive on the porch so had to retreat to the van to finish our ice cream. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

• Visited October 2012
Edgewater, New Jersey
“Almost too good”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Home made ice cream which is so flavorful and creamy that it's hard to resist. Pricier than other ice cream vendors but with it. Try the peach and the blueberry in season.

Visited August 2012
Exton, Pennsylvania
“I've had better”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Supposed to be the best? I've had better. Homemade ice cream is what brought us here. Although you almost miss the place with its poor signage. The girls were really nice, that was the best part. I

2 Thank Sheri H