“Very disappointing”

Harry's Ocean Bar & Grille
Ranked #21 of 138 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Harry's Ocean Bar & Grille, located at the Montreal Beach Resort, features unbeatable oceanfront dining, a panoramic rooftop bar and an extensive collection of beer, wine and cocktails. Featuring original and delectable cuisine, Harry's has long been recognized for its tradition of great food and unsurpassed service. With weekly live performances by local music artists, and beach side delivery service, Harry's is the perfect dining spot for resort guests and locals alike. Whether you stop in for happy hour, or to enjoy a delectable meal on Harry's patio, you won't want to miss this Cape May, New Jersey hot spot. Pull up a chair and stay a while.
Roxbury, New Jersey
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Went back to Harry's last night and could not believe how bad it got since last year.
The service was dismal. We ordered iced tea and lemonade and it took 10 minutes to get them. After another 10 minutes I inquired about soup we had ordered and it reminded the waitress to go get it. 10 more minutes we got our burgers. The onion and tomato had obviously been hanging around a long time. We ordered them cooked medium and they were all dried out, juiceless and tasteless. The rolls had either been frozen or were just old. The French fries were cold, tasteless cardboard. I would recommend avoiding Harry's.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Mkathy1
Jonathan H, Owner at Harry's Ocean Bar & Grille, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
I am sorry to hear that your experience at Harry's was less than stellar. This is not the way we like to have our guests leave. Please know that we have brought this review to the attention of our management staff. We look at these reviews and try to determine the best way to resolve these issues. I do thank you for your honest feedback as well as your patronage. I hope you give us the opportunity to change your thoughts.

“Be sure to visit again!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

In for dinner after several recommendations to eat here. Me and my family were glad we did! Summer in cape may salad, chicken monty and burgers are excellent! Service is great. Randal was our waitress. Very attentive and super sweet. We will defintely return next summer!

• Visited September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience at Harry's. We will make sure to let Randal as well as our kitchen staff of the wonderful meal you had. Thank you for coming in and we look forward to seeing you next summer.
Robbinsville
“friendly and reasonably priced”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Good food, good prices, nice friendly staff. We had breakfast there a few times and dinner once.
Casual relaxed atmosphere. Very enjoyable. Definitely be back next visit to Cape May.

Visited August 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at Harry's. Reviews like this are what we strive to achieve. Thank you for your patronage and hope to see you again soon.
Philadelphia, PA
“Great Atmosphere But The Food is Just Alright”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Let me start by saying I really love the beachfront atmosphere at Harry's and the addition of it's open air bar has been really great as well. It's a very nice, clean and stylish restaurant good for couples or families. I just wish the food lived up to the packaging. Being at the shore, I'm always hoping for something special to eat. I don't know if it's because I have good restaurants at home and I'm jaded or if it's because Harry's is missing that special spark, but every time I eat there I'm underwhealmed. I've had their appetizers, entrées and their burgers. While good, I just can't rave about the place. Another final point I don't like to bring up, is that I also find their beach services annoying. Blocking that million dollar view is such a crime! You mean to tell me that people are so lazy that they can't walk across the street to have a bite to eat?

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed all the additions/improvements we have made over the years. We try not to sit still during the winter, but always keep improving. It is the mentality that my grandfather had and it instilled in all of us today. Thank you for being honest about your experience at Harry's. These reviews allow us to see where we can improve even more.

I am sorry to hear that you are not fond of our beach service. I wish you would speak to many of our hotel guests and locals that find it to be an extraordinary amenity. With all the necessities needed to vacation in Cape May, the added convenience of not having to bring your own umbrella and beach chairs is something that our guests find quite valuable. Plus being able to have food delivered to your chair without having to get up is an added perk. This amenity is available the the public as well, not just for guests of the Montreal Inn. We understand that the Cape May beaches are a huge attraction and we try not to be obtrusive to the guests of the beach. We do not set up chairs early nor do we allow chairs in areas not designated to the Montreal Inn. We all have to share the beach, businesses and beach-goers alike. Thank you for your patronage and please try to take advantage of our beach service, I am sure you'll find it to be quite convenient.

Many of our guests continue to come back due to the fact of this convenience.
Garwood, New Jersey
“Good food, large portions, dog friendly”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were drawn to Harry's because it was dog friendly. Dogs are allowed to sit on the patio. They brought over a bowl of water for our pup. The water was a bit dirty so we just dumped and refilled.

We enjoyed our dinner: side salads (good size), crab cakes with fresh vegetables and mashed potatoes (they were super garlicky, but loved them), and seafood pasta with scallops shrimp and clams.

We would definitely go back again if we visit again!

• Visited August 2013
Jonathan H, Owner at Harry's Ocean Bar & Grille, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We are so glad to hear that you and your four -legged friend had a great time at Harry's. As a dog-owner myself, I am always looking for places in Cape May to take my pup. The town is starting to become more and more dog-friendly, especially the restaurants. Why shouldn't they get to experience all that is Cape May?

Our dog, Sadie, is quite fond of the scrambled eggs or grilled chicken here at Harry's, to the chagrin of my girlfriend who says I spoil her. Oh well!!! Thanks for your patronage and providing us with your feedback.

Im sorry for the water bowl being dirty, i