“Great Little Lunch”

Ranked #43 of 140 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Try google maps... search for it under cape may
Califon, New Jersey, United States
“Great Little Lunch”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a warm lunch on a cold day. Staff were friendly, food was good. Atmosphere is similar to a cozy diner. A little dark, but not a bad thing. Warm feeling environment.

“Great Soup on a Cold Day”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on a cold Black Friday shopping day. Wife and I both had a bowl of the clam chowder which was probably one of the best I have ever had. I had the fish taco wrap which was very good but fried. Wife had conch fritters, also very good but a little greasy, again fried. No liquor license but they sell you a bottle of wine starting at $20.00 or higher. Overall, a little over priced $60.00 +\- with no bar tab. For me it was worth going back just for the soup.

Visited November 2013
Parma, Ohio
“We had a great dinner here”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

At 5pm on a Thursday evening in late November not many places are open. We followed another couple into the Cape May Fish Market and am glad we did. We shared fish & chips (cod fish) and a spinach, apple, walnut salad. I am not a big fish eater but enjoyed the fish. 3 large portions. The dressing was fantastic, great flavor. For under $30. (just soda) for the 2 of us this was the place. Waiter was on the ball. The check came right at we finished. Maybe off season is the time to venture out, I am really glad we did not read the reviews prior. After our 510 mile drive our first venture into Cape May was a home run, or goal. Pick your sport!

1 Thank MMandSM
princeton, nj
“Lobster Rolls to die for!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

we couldn't decide where to eat (Cape May has alot of choices) but knew we wanted a good Lobster Roll. two guys were @ the host booth out front and we flat out asked how theirs were (since we have many choices nearby and they knew it) They talked up their Lobster Rolls (obviously) and the 3 of us went in. Right off the bat, this restaurant is dark. Black walls/black tables and very low lighting. Service was friendly enough, but a tad spotty. We all ordered the Lobster Roll and while it was a bit pricey? ($15 I think?) it was fan-freaking-fabulous. Big chunks of warm lobster, w/ bites of celery and the perfect amount of mayo. All of this on a warm soft roll that I frankly decided to use a fork to eat as I knew I'd be wearing it if I attempted to pick it up like a sandwich. I would go back if only for the lobster rolls. As many have said, service can be spotty, it seemed to have nothing but young kids working (we went first w/e in November) but we wanted good lobster rolls and boy did they deliver!

Branchville, NJ
“Wish the food was as good as the service.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant seems to only hire highs school and college age people. The service was very good; however, cannot say the same about the food. We went there for dinner and lunch. For what we paid, there are many other establishments in Cape May much better for the same price.