“Massive line up is for a reason”
Review of Hot Dog Tommy's

Hot Dog Tommy's
Ranked #6 of 140 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Westmount
“Massive line up is for a reason”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

They really try to please you at this hole in the wall. The line was huge but moved quite quickly. I picked up the food for my family who were sitting at the beach. When I got back to he beach, I realized that they had given us someone else's order. It was too late and too far to go back, so we basicallyy just chowed down. Still very good

• Visited July 2013

Central NJ
“Long wait for just OK”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We waited an hour in the heat for hot dogs. They were good but definitely not worth waiting an hour. There are a bunch of toppings and if you want, you can get really wild. However, I am a purist so I opted for a "wild" choice of bacon and cheese---Texas Tommy. It was tasty, but honestly, I could have just made myself a hot dog with bacon and shredded cheddar for the same effect. We shared a mac n cheese and it was just meh. In short, if the line is long, skip it. There are TONS of great places to eat in Cape May. Don't fall for the hype.

Visited August 2013
cherry hill,nj
“not worth the wait”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

For years I have been coming to Cape May. I have heard lots of good reviews for Tommy's. Line is always so long that I have gone someplace else. Finally, got into a line with only about 10 people in front of me. Line moves slowly. Hot dog was just average...and not worth waiting. I don't get it. High prices for average dogs. There are lots better places to eat in Cape May.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank misty1
Downingtown
“This is where the good doggies go!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Well you may ask would anyone wait about 1/2 hour for a hot dog? We did this two days in a row on a nice warm & fairly hot summer afternoon(s), I believe this might tell you about the quality and how good these dogs are. Luckily where Tommy's is located on the shady side of the street and the wait is more palatable. Of course we got the Angus beef dogs, and his rolls are not the store bought small ones. More like junior hoagie size and fresh that day i.e. You need to have them on this size roll, since there is many delicious toppings to add like chili, all different cheeses, beans, but some not usually found on hot dogs like potato chips, mashed potatoes & hot peppers. Really a meal in itself. The owner Tommy is always there (the guy with the hot dog hat) and is very friendly/accommodating. Nowhere to sit tho - after all it's a walk up stand, so eat these 'treats' on the beach, in the car, motel room etc. Highly recommended and a must go if you are in Cape May, or really if you're within a 1/2 hr drive IMHO.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank BillVPA
“great dogs”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Worth the wait, great attitudes from employees and Tommy. I had the Reuben Big Dog and loved it, can't wait to try another.

Visited August 2013