“Romance kindled in Cape May”

Beauclaire's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I did hours of research for our trip to Cape May, looking into each B&B for location, decor, facilities, etc. When I came upon Beauclaire's Bed and Breakfast I was hoping that I had found the perfect place. Matt and I met through an on-line dating service 5 months ago, we are both middle aged and divorced. Because we live an hour and a half away from each other, we usually only spend weekends together so our trip to Cape May was special. It's difficult to choose a B&B on-line but so also to find the perfect mate :) After much research I called Joe and to make a reservation and he assured me that our stay would be very pleasant...and he was right! We had the smallest room in the inn but it was beautiful, immaculate and romantic. We couldn't wait to take a walk on the beach which was a half block away, actually we enjoyed a view of the ocean several times from the porch swing at Beauclaires! Joe is a gracious host and a wonderful cook. The breakfasts were thoughtfully and creatively prepared, not to mention, delicious! Matt and I are planning our next trip to Cape May and this time I won't have to spend time researching...I already know where we will stay! Cheers to all!
Kathleen

• Stayed: July 2010

Reviewed August 18, 2010

This B&B is perfectly located between the beach and shopping area. It is peaceful, accommodating, and romantic.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed at Beauclaire's for three nights and would have stayed an entire week if time had allowed. The location is ideal - just a block from the ocean and a few blocks from the pedestrian mall - and the price was better than most of the other places we looked at. Joe is a great host/owner, and the other guests were wonderful as well.
I recommend this place 100 percent. It was fantastic to just walk out the front door and be at the ocean in fewer than 3 minutes. What a great respite.

Reviewed August 15, 2010

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure to stay at Beauclaire's for three nights at the end of July. It is a great little B&B located with a stone's throw of the beach. Joe does a superb job as innkeeper and ensures that every guest enjoys their stay in Cape May. A great find!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2010

I've been going to the Jersey shore my whole life, but this was the first time to a B&B or to Cape May. My husband and I both felt like we were some place else. We enjoyed each and every minute of our trip. We met lovely people and certainly admired their non-judgemental views. Joe is a terrific host and makes you feel relaxed, comfortable and you'll feel as though you've known him forever. We're looking forward to our next visit! Jim and Kim Berry, Middletown NY

Reviewed July 20, 2010

My husband and I spent 3 wonderfully relaxing days at the beach this July at Beauclaire's B&B. The location is terrific, just steps away from the beach and within walking distance to restaurants, shopping and lovely neighborhood strolling. Joe made us welcome and we passed the mornings chatting leisurely with the other guests over a deliciously prepared breakfast. We can't wait to go back for a visit and have already recommended Beauclaire's to my parents for a visit during the Victorian Christmas celebrations. Haley's Cottage is a beautiful room for relaxation and the front porch a great respite from the sunny and sometimes stormy beach - lovely breezes on deck!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2010

My husband and I just spent 3 nightz at the Beauclaire and had such a wonderful time. Joe was a great host creating a relaxing and laid back experience along with an excellent breakfast and cookies in the afternoon. We loved our room that had an old fashioned tub & shower, but the shower had excellent pressure and tons of hot water, I actually had good hair down the shore! Anyway, a great place centrally located and the beach is less than a block away and was visible from our room; plus a very short walk to center of town and shops. It was fun to walk all the side streets and see the great old homes and mansions of the Cape May. Just book it already and go to the Beauclaire!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple