“First B&B Trip”
Review of John Wesley Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
John Wesley Inn
Ranked #2 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Blackwood, NJ
“First B&B Trip”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I can't say with complete honesty that this is the best bed & breakfast in Cape May because this would be my first experience. However, that isn't to say that it wasn't a great place to stay. Bonnie was an excellent host in every way from my first phone call to wishing us a safe trip home at check-out. We were even accommodated with special requests such as a lactose-free breakfast and which type of wine we would like to greet us upon arrival. Everything was clean, but was still comfortable enough to give the inn an at-home level of comfort. Couldn't be happier with our getaway. Thanks Bonnie!

Room Tip: All top rooms have skylights. If you plan to sleep past the crack of dawn, shoot for second floor ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Ok... Actually it's the only one I've ever been to. But this place was amazing. I stayed in the Mt. Vernon. This is the room on the top floor in the very front of the building. It let lots of light in during the day and had skylight that could be opened to let in a fresh breeze. The room was very cozy and yet spacious. It had a sitting area complete with beautiful antique furniture that could be closed off from the bedroom.
The location was within walking distance of everything you could want: the beach, fine dining establishments, etc. My only wish is that I could have stayed longer.
The breakfast was exquisite and satisfying. I did not feel compelled to seek out more food until after my usual lunchtime.
Bonnie was one of the most pleasant women I have ever met. She was able to work with me since I couldn't stay for the usual 2 night minimum stay. My long distance girlfriend was in town for just one night and I wanted to go somewhere romantic so I could propose to her (she said yes). My fiance and I will make another trip to the John Wesley Inn as soon as we can and I recommend that you do the same.

Room Tip: Stay in the Mt. Vernon.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just stayed at Bonnie and Lance's John Wesley Inn. I'm fussy about my accommodations, so understand where I'm coming from... The Inn is in a perfect location...close to shopping and just off the water. It is very well appointed, comfortable, clean and the rooms are charming to say the least. The innkeepers have thought of everything...and I mean everything.... you could possibly need... From shoe cloths to robes to emergency flashlights....every time I turned around I saw something else I could use. Absolutely amazing! The bed was very comfortable and breakfast was delicious and served whenever I wanted. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Look online or simply call Bonnie
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
PA
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our first overnight stay in Cape May. Bonnie, the hostess, was very pleasant and willing to help with whatever she could. The B&B is charming and beautifully restored. We loved checking out the antiques and the old photos. Thanks, Bonnie!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor in #6, The Columbia, to avoid the 'foot traffic' from other guest...
randolph, nj
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed at the john wesley inn for 4 days during the week in January. We had never been to cape may before, and after reading through MANY reviews of all the inns in cape may, we ended up picking this b&b. We could not have had a nicer stay. We stayed in the stockton room - which was large, very comfortable, extremely clean and decorated so nicely! The room comes with lots of fun little bonuses (bubble bath, lovely soaps, etc). Most places in cape may were closed this week in January so we stayed in the room most of the week, relaxed, and loved doing so. We were the only couple in the house at the time and were still taken great care of, served great breakfasts every morning and afternoon teas and cookies. one of the best b&b's ive stayed in, highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katfox14
milltown, nj
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to John Wesley house on our “babymoon”, before our third child arrives. It was very beautiful, quiet and relaxing. Bonnie was very hospitable and friendly. We enjoyed conversation and breakfast every morning. Would definitely recommend and visit again! Thank you!

1 Thank rosaria m
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here last weekend for a one night stay. Bonnie was very welcoming, the inn is beautifully kept, very clean, the room was just as it's pictured (#6) with a very comfortable bed, cute fireplace and great water pressure shower! The breakfast was delicious and the company of the other guests was nice as well. Location is great, easy to walk into the main square and to the beach.

Room Tip: Room 6 is on the top level - very quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple