“Birthdays/Anniversary getaway”
Review of John Wesley Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
John Wesley Inn
Ranked #2 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Birthdays/Anniversary getaway”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Never having been to Cape May we weren't sure where to stay, but we went out of our "comfort zone" and decided to just wing it. I love to do that, but my husband usually has every detail of the trip planned months in advance so I know he was apprehensive about it. We actually just parked our car and started knocking on doors of B & Bs and checking out rooms in some of the hotels. (This was a slow time of the year-I would NOT recommend you try this in the summertime!) Bonnie met us at the door, told us their rates for the three nights and invited us to see the room. The inn is beautiful! I was impressed with the cleanliness and especially the bed linens-they were so nice!
Bonnie cooked wonderful breakfasts for us every day and would even come and sit with us and the other guests just to talk. She's very knowledgeable in history and my husband is a Civil War history buff/tour guide at home so they hit if off!

The inn is in walking distance of many attractions, restaurants, the beach and shopping. We enjoyed our time there so much!

Bonnie even gave us birthday cards since we were celebrating both of our birthdays and our 39th wedding anniversary.

I would certainly stay there again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a truly enjoyable experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Union, New Jersey
Reviewed October 21, 2012

When I was doing my research for our anniversary weekend, I knew I wanted to go to Cape May and go to a bed and breakfast but being our first time I was not sure which one. After reading all the reviews I am glad I got to experience it for myself and in fact now I know why the John Wesley scores so high with everyone. From the moment we walked in to the moment we checked out we were treated with great hospitality. The room we stayed in had alot of charm and the bed was really comfortable. We also loved our breakfast chats with Bonnie who we found out is also from Union County, NJ so that made our conversations flow so naturally. We felt right at home with everything and will definately be coming back. I think we might have started an anniversary tradition or at least a Fall trip tradition because Cape May in the Fall is beautiful.

Beachwood, NJ, USA
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I spent 2 wonderful and relaxing nights at the John Wesley Inn. It was a beautiful and peaceful getaway for our Honeymoon/Babymoon (married three weeks ago and expecting our first child later this year). We head down to cape may every year to celebrate the anniversary of our first date, we've stayed at four other B&B's in cape may but this was the best yet. Their on-site parking, while a bit tricky to get in at first, is a nice bonus. They are located a short walk either to the shore or to the shops. We stayed in The Stockton room
which was very spacious and beautiful. My absolute favorite part of this room was the huge porch your on the second floor so during the warmer months its nice to spend some time relaxing outside in the fresh air. Another bonus to this room was being close to the road and getting to hear the click clack of the horse drawn carriages its not a distraction in the least it adds to the ambiance almost taking you back in time to a more relaxing time. The breakfasts were delicious, filling, and loaded with conversation. Most of the B&B's we have stayed at have had good food but I don't think we've ever spent more time relaxing and chatting with the other guests or innkeepers as we have at the John Wesley. Bonnie sat down with us at breakfast and we found her to be a very knowledgeable and engaging innkeeper. I would suggest this Inn hands down to family, friends, 1st time Cape Mayers and veterans it has it all wrapped in the friendly cape may atmosphere. Also we loved our babymoon present: an adorable Cape May Teddy bear our little girls first toy!

New Jersey
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Every year my mother and I would go away for two nights to Cape May. Now that my mom moved to Delray Beach my daughter and I carry on the yearly tradition. We had a nice relaxing time at the John Wesley Inn. The room was very clean and quiet. There was a great group of people at our 9:30 breakfast. Also, there was a nice sitting area on the porch. The woman who ran the inn was very sweet and friendly.

Room Tip: Always try to get a bright room no matter where you stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I just spent two great nights at the John Wesley. The owners were so friendly and willing to do whatever they could to make your experience the best it could be. Breakfast both mornings was very good my husband even commented that the eggs Benedict was the best he's ever had. We will definitely be returning to the John Wesley Inn.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sykesville, Maryland
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our first stay at the John Wesley Inn in Cape May was very enjoyable. We appreciated the hospitality of the innkeeper and our comfortable room. Breakfasts were excellent – Belgian waffles one morning and a cheese quiche the second, both served with fruit.
This Victorian B & B is very attractive, well maintained, and beautifully decorated. A real plus is the free parking in their driveway that comes with a stay. (Not all accommodations provide parking in this resort town.) Afternoon tea and sweets were provided each day.
It is a very short walk to the beach and promenade and not much further to the shopping areas and the center of town.

1 Thank FF13
new york
Reviewed October 11, 2012

House was filled with antiques, knickknacks and lots of charm. Room was immaculate and had a homey feel. Bed was comfortable with lots of soft pillows. Breakfasts were preset but delicious and sufficient. I especially took notice of how good the toiletries smelled (I don't normally pay attention to these things). Tea time was M&M cookies and an assortment of hot or iced teas. Free use of beach towels and chairs was a nice touch. Service was outstanding. Pleasant company and a relaxing stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple