“Wonderful stay at the John Wesley”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of John Wesley Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
John Wesley Inn
Ranked #6 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Middletown, PA
“Wonderful stay at the John Wesley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2007

My husband and I greatly enjoyed our 3 nights stay at the John Wesley Inn. The hosts, Bonnie and Lance and staff were cordial and made us feel very welcome. Breakfasts were delicious and conversations around the large dining table are what make a “Bed & Breakfast” experience special. Fluffy bath towels and comfortable beds also insured a pleasant stay. We will definitely return!

• Liked — location and decor
  • Disliked — parking the car, I am not a good parallell parker
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2007

Bonnie and Lance, the classic Corvettes, the accommodations and, not to be missed...Sunday breakfast of waffles with fresh strawberries and fresh whipped cream (and a hint of vanilla)...awesome!
Cape May is a terrific getaway and the John Wesley Inn is the place to stay...just one block from the ocean.
We'll be back!

Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2007

We recently spent 3 relaxing days in Cape May at the John Wesley Inn-We picked it because of the great reviews, and we have to agree. The house is meticulously decorated and maintained, and the room was very
comfortable. We especially liked the new iPod speakers. The location and easy parking can't be beat. Thanks, Bonnie and Lance for a great stay.

Bridgeporrt, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2007

It was my first time in Cape May, NJ as well as my first B & B experience, and i must say it will be a life long memory for me. The innkeepers, Bonnie and Lance, were both 2 of the most hospitable and caring individuals i've ever met. Their B&B is breathtaking, and the victorian furnishings inside were beatiful. My mother and I were greeted with a fantastic breakfast every morning in their formal dining room amongst other guests of the home. I would most definitly recommend this bed and breakfast to everyone. The location to the beach and the shopping areas is fantastic. Another perk is the off street parking, which many other B&B don't offer. I would like to thank Bonnie and Lance for giving me the great service and warm stay they did, I will see you both next year with my sisters and mom!

• Liked — hospitality, location, clenliness, price
  • Disliked — Absolutely nothing bad to say!!!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2007

This was our first vacation in 28 years of travel together that we stayed in a B&B, and we weren't disappointed. The John Wesley Inn, was an excellant choice. It was clean, comfortable, historical, in walking distance of the main attractions, and Bonnie & Lance were great host.
We enjoyed our room with the private porch! The mornings and evenings were relaxing. Myron & Donna

Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2007

My husband posted a review of this inn back in September of 2006, detailing our mini-honeymoon stay there right after our wedding in August 2006. His review is absolutely glowing, and there is not a single negative remark. However, there is a rather sinister reason for this, and I suspect it is the same reason why all of the other reviews have been so incredibly positive up until now (thanks to a recent reviewer for breaking the cycle!). You see, the initial review that mya husband posted was extremely positive, but there were a few truthful remarks regarding the female innkeeper's behavior/attitude that were somewhat negative. Literally the same day that the original TripAdvisor review was published, we began receiving phone calls from the female innkeeper (I do not want to mention her husband here, as he was nothing but extraordinarily nice and hospitable during our stay).

My husband initially tried to respond to the female innkeeper's phone messages via e-mail, but she refused to communicate in that less confrontational modality, and, instead, continued to call nd leave messages (both on our home phone and on my husband's cell phone). We did not want to get involved in a confrontation over the phone, but my husband finally answered one of her incessant phone calls so as to hopefully put the issue at rest. As we suspected, the phone calls were a result of a few remarks that my husband had made in his TripAdvisor review (most of which had actually been my input, as I was the one who had experienced more of the female innkeeper's unpleasantness), despite the fact that the comments were quite minor and did not affect the overall rating of the inn (which was 5 out of 5). The female innkeeper requested that we remove these comments entirely from our review. We felt that this was a very backhanded and unethical way for the business owner to respond to such an overwhelmingly positive review, especially when TripAdvisor provides the "management response" feature, thereby allowing business owners/managers to respond to user reviews. However, we did not want to have to continue to deal with the female innkeeper in such a way and sour our memories of what was, by and large, a lovely post-wedding trip, so my husband removed the comments regarding the female innkeeper's behavior from the review and re-posted it on TripAdvisor.

Now, a year later, we were very interested (and also glad) to see a review exposing the behavior of the female innkeeper. We also wanted to let that reviewer know that she and her husband most certainly were not the only ones who received such treatment. This is something that TripAdvisor users should know about and consider prior to selecting the John Wesley Inn. Cape May is a wonderful place with tons of lovely bed and breakfasts. The John Wesley Inn is extremely expensive and does not truly deliver what should be expected from an inn charging such an exorbitant rate. I suggest that TripAdvisor users check out some of the other fantastic inns that Cape May has to offer---there are certainly many others that are very highly rated. No one wants to have to deal with the kind of attitude and snobbishness exhibited by the female proprietor of the John Wesley Inn when they are on vacation!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Owlish_Explorer
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2007

I am always traveling and making it a point to stay a Inns and Bed and Breakfasts. I found this place called, "John Wesley Inn". I usually don't try to make my opinion to big but I was told by a friend of mind that this website was one of the best to find those place to stay that people rave about. Now on here, I find my favorite place of all to have stayed, "John Wesley Inn". I kid you not people, I have stayed up and down the East Coast and all around NJ. THIS PLACE IS A GEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the kindness of the Inn Keepers Bonnie and Lance. To the most wonderful breakfast ever! This place is amazingly clean, and beautiful! Just sit in the dinning room or on the porch I am telling you, you will be transported to another place in time where no one can bother you! You are minutes from the beach, so there is no need to worry about how long it will take you to start getting that beautiful tan. I was given a code to the front door...well, its about time that my safety is the first thing someone cared about. Here at "John Wesley Inn" everything that is taken care of for you. Even off street parking...In Cape May, NJ that is some service! As well, let me just say from the bedding to the bath towels and even the robes in the closets. This is 100% LUXURY!
For the price, the luxury and the shear kindness of Bonnie and Lance. I will do back flips to make sure that I could have a room here!

• Liked — Luxury every where I looked
  • Disliked — Stairs...I am a cluts so stairs can alway trip me...LOL
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gemini_fire