“Great place!”

Sea Crest Motor Inn
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We stayed here for a 3 day mini vacation to attend a wedding in Cape May. It was our first time staying here. We were not disappointed. The entire place is spotless. Cleanliness & maintenance are obviously top priority. The location is right across the street from the beach. The pool is well-kept (but could be heated to a warmer temperature).It seemed like the jets in the jacuzzi were missing the nozzles(or it was supposed to bubble only at the neck?) You are within walking distance to shops, restaurants, & to watch beautiful sunsets. The staff is very accomodating. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sea Crest Motor Inn

Reviewed June 21, 2010

My wife and I Just returned from a trip to Cape May to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. We chose the Sea Crest Motor Inn based on previous reviews on Trip Advisor. We arrived and found the location of the hotel to be perfect, across from the beach and near the end of town so the traffic wasn't too bad. Free parking and a speedy check in was much appreciated after a long drive. We found our room to be really clean and spacious. We booked a 4th floor 2 room suite and found a kitchenette with the basics. Large sliding doors opened to a semi-private balcony and an incredible view of the ocean. The bed was a queen (I think) but it seemed a bit on the small side and a little uncomfortable. A few minutes after settling in our room, there was a knock at our door, it was one of the hotel employees with a bottle of Merlot for us to celebrate our anniversary. This was a great surprise and an awesome gesture by the hotel staff and my wife and I really appreciated it. There was a super clean pool and hot tub in the court yard with plenty of lounge chairs. The owners of this hotel obviously take great pride in their business and my wife and I can't wait for a return trip. We will ask for the same room because it was perfect. Thank you to the staff of Sea Crest Motor Inn for making this special weekend perfect in every way!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I called the Seacrest as I was taking my girtl scout troop for their final scouting outing. The owner, Bob, suggested the penthouse due to the size of the group. He wasn't sure if the space was large enough & said I could also book an additional room for $99 if I wanted.I asked if we could bring airbags & sleeping bags & he said OK. I was quoted a price for the 8 of us to stay. I said I just needed to speak to my co-leader & would call the next morning. He said OK. He told me to inform his staff we spoke. When I called the next day to reseve the room, his staff stated the price was more. I said I spoke to Bob & he stated a lower price & I would like to speak to him. He wasn't there but she said he would call. I called later in the day & Bob still wasn't available. His staff stated the price was higher, 20 per cent higher. I again asked to speak to Bob & was informed he would call. I waited approx. 2 days with no call so I called again. Bob was still not available. His staff said they had informed me that day what the price was. They were rude, in my opinion. I hadn't called earlier that day & informed her of that fact. Again I was informed he would call. At this point I checked complaints against the Seacrest Inn & found an Oct. 2009 entry where the person warns of price changes. I then called other hotels & found one that had a room for the original price quoted by Bob. I called the Seacrest one last time & was inform they had talked to Bob & the higher price is his price. I informed them I was booking another hotel for the same price he originally quoted & I would call better business. The Inn may or not not be nice, I don't know. I was originally excited with the room he offered at the price he offered as our scout account has limited funds. The multi-day experience with his staff (Bob, the owner, never talked to me to try & resolve this in a professional manner.) has totally turned me against this facilty. I am leary of an establishment that provides such poor customer service. The lack of custoner service is appalling. I would expect the owner to treat all potential guests better but especially a scout troop. He has lost the potential business of at least 8 families & possibly their extended families & friends, when a phone call may have resolved the misunderstanding. This is the only complaint I have ever made.

Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank scoutleader33
Reviewed June 13, 2010

My wife and I, have visited the hotel over last 20 years several times and found the hotel well maintained , very clean and very private for a getaway. The staff is very helpful to make your stay easy and quite. If we can this summer we'll be back for another stay.
thanks
charlie & marsha

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Our short stay at Sea Crest Motor Inn left us wishing for more time. An oceanview, comfortable furniture, pool, spa tub, kitchenette, and immaculately maintained. Once there we compared what we paid with places nearby with far less to offer,and, surprisingly our rates were lower! Unbelievable value.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2010

We went down to Cape May for the first time. It was like a different world. We booked the Sea Crest without seeing it and we were pleasantly surprised with our room. The room was just what we were looking for. It was clean with a great view of the ocean. The staff was friendly and answered any questions that we had. We will return.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2010

We have been staying at the Sea Crest for over 15 years now. We don't even consider staying anywhere else.

The facilities are excellent. Bob & Cindy, the owners, and their staff are the greatest. They simply cannot do enough for you.

The rooms are immaculate.
The Sea Crest provides the luxury of a resort but the feeling and comfort of home.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple