“Very idealic”

Sea Crest Motor Inn
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I found Sea Crest through tripadvisor, and my aunt and I were not disappointed. The rooms, living room/kitchen and bedroom were very clean. The view was perfect, a gorgeous pool and then out to the ocean. It is located right on the beach, and within a few blocks of restaurants.

It really is a great location, and quiet which I enjoy. The price for the two room suite was less than what I'd been quoted at a handful of other hotels for one bedroom. I'm planning on going back.

• Stayed: September 2009

Reviewed September 19, 2009

We had a wonderful stay at the Sea Crest Motor Inn. We were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and had a memorable weekend. The room was clean, quiet and very comfortable.

Thanks for a great visit!
Patti and Bill Theiss

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2009

My wife & I have been staying at this Inn off and on for over 15 years. It has the best views and is the cleanest place on the strip. It is well run and has a great staff. I have looked at other places but always wind up at this inn. It is quiet & clean. My only regret is not seeing Mom & Pop around anymore.

Paul Bean

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2009

We have stayed at this inn for the past 5 years. It is spotless, quiet and conveniently located across the street from the beach. It's a great place to stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Sea Crest and loved it! Next summer we will definitely stay longer. Rooms are very clean, great view of the ocean, friendly staff, relaxing. Close to restaurants, shopping, and the beach. Adult atmosphere, all ages. We are in our early 40's. We loved it and will be booking soon for at least 5 nights next August!

Reviewed August 31, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed at the Seacrest. First, I should say that the inn is VERY clean and I think they take pride in that. The pool area is clean, our room was clean, the gorunds were clean. we are in our 30's. We seemed to be the youngest people there by far. I did not see one child. The crowd was I would say 50's and older. A few couples were our age, but not many at all. We had an unrenovated room (by choice) for under 240 a night. I did some calling around and it seemed to be the cheapest I could find with decent reviews. The location was great, a few blocks away from some good restaurant and shops. Right by the beach. The room was old and outdated. The bed was terrible. The TVS were tiny. But the room was clean. So, that being said, would I recommend it? Yes, to an older couple or even a younger couple who plan to spend no time at all in the room. You must bring your own beach chairs and beach towels. You have to pay to go on the beach. If you want luxury this is not the place to stay.If you need a place to stay to sleep that is clean I would recommend it. Check out is early but they let you stay and leave your car and use the pool. The staff was friendly to us, not overly crazy friendly, but very nice and very accomodating.

Reviewed August 28, 2009

The location is great, right off of the beach. The motel is clean and quiet with a nice swimming pool. Good for adult travelers. The motel is within walking distance of a nice little breakfast restaurant call the Ocean View.

Upon our arrival, there was no one on staff to assist with luggage and there was only 2 luggage carriers. This was a problem especially on a busy weekend. It took 3 trips to the car to get all of our belongings using an elevator that was very small and slow. We're older, but fairly healthy so it was doable. We did notice that many older folks were really having a problem.

On the first day of our trip a young lady was manning the front desk. Being new to the town we had a couple of questions. She acted very unfriendly and unhelpful as though we were a bother. Not a good first impression.

The bathroom and carpeting in the room was new and very nice, but there was an old, noisy air conditioner hanging over the bed. If you shut off the air, it became very warm quickly. There were not enough receptacles in the room. Instead lamps, etc. were plugged into extension cords, not looking too safe. We were given old room keys with the name of the motel and the room number clearly printed on them. Dangerous if they are lost or stolen. Especially since you take them with you to the beach. There were no amenities you expect to find in a room for $285.00 + tax.

On our last day, we discovered that there is no one on duty at the motel during the nightime hours. This did not make us feel too safe.