All reviews across the street pool and hot tub royal suite ocean view breezeway room my husband and i full kitchen living room office staff shared balcony within walking distance nice pool we've stayed room was spotless the jersey shore few blocks many years
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Had a Wonderful weekend! The Sea Crest Inn was quiet and relaxing!! The weather was soo Hot & Humid we didnt get out of their refreshing nice sized pool. Room was super sized & sparkly clean. Staff is extremely friendly & very hospitable!! Want to Thank Jamie (front desk) personally & the owner Of the Sea Crest Inn for a tip top cape may get away! Cant wait to return!

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria D
Reviewed August 16, 2016

Cannot say enough great things about The Sea Crest! We are repeat guests and have no reason nor desire to stay anywhere else. We also escape to Cape May for a long fall weekend as well as a long spring weekend and continue to stay at the Sea Crest. The entire staff...from owners to front/back desks, to housekeeping and maintenance, to Greta and Lily....are all just wonderful. Everything you need is right here...fresh, clean rooms; close to just about everything; great pool...very roomy for a hotel pool...and nice deck area with plenty of seating for eating, reading, or just lounging. The entire staff is knowledgeable and friendly and can help guide you towards shopping, sightseeing and eating destinations.

Room Tip: Depending on size of party...there is a room to accommodate any and all.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Jill C
Reviewed August 15, 2016

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary this past weekend. We have very high expectations when it comes to hotels/motels. We were both very impressed. Not only were we immediately greeted by the friendliest of staff, our room was clean, with an updated bathroom and kitchen. The grounds are very well kept, the pool and hot tub were a nice touch, and you cannot beat the location! Its across from the beach and in walking distance to downtown. Overall we had an enjoyable time and are looking forward to coming back. The only complaint we had was that the beds were sort of uncomfortable and there were not enough blankets provided (hubby likes the room cold so I was freezing). Nothing a nice mattress topper couldn't fix, and next time I'll bring an extra blanket. Regardless, we will definitely be coming back. Another thing to note: I'm not sure if this place is adults only as I didn't see any kids, but it was nice that it was mainly adults staying there, which made it a more relaxing atmosphere for us.

Room Tip: Bring extra blankets
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C G
Reviewed August 11, 2016

My husband and I drove from Atlantic City to Cape May for a day trip and liked the town so much we stayed the night! This hotel is right on the beach and the staff could not have been any nicer. On hearing that we had left everything in Atlantic City, they immediately offered us toothbrushes, toothpaste, extra towel, etc. The rooms are basic but spotless and the Air conditioning is superb. The pool area is lovely with very comfy loungers and I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Cheaper rooms have no sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dubliner41
Reviewed August 10, 2016

Scrambling for a room for the weekend last minute that wouldn't break the bank, I learned that Sea Crest had one available, apparently due to a cancellation. When I called, Kathy was super nice and helpful, but warned me several times that although the room was very clean and recently updated, it was in the back and had no view, other than the edge of the parking lot below the building and the smaller motel next door. All of that turned out to be true, and it was just fine -- more on our room in a moment.
The Inn definitely has a bit of an old-school seaside motel throwback feeling to it, so if you are looking for a super-modern resort, this probably is not for you. But it was really very nice in a great location and seemed nicer than many of the other places nearby that I would describe similarly. Almost all the rooms except ours open onto shared balconies directly facing the beach and ocean across the street, and many also overlook the pool and hot tub. The pool is bigger and more modern looking than the average motel pool, clean and a comfortable 79 degrees (F) when we were there. The hot tub also seemed clean and was a good size. There were lots of seating options around the pool in good shape. I only wished the cool looking pool clock had been working.

The Sea Crest is toward the end of Beach Ave (Western end), right across from a ramp-accessible beach entrance, and about a 12-15 minute walk from the shopping area of Cape May, with a few restaurants and bars on the way. If you are reasonably mobile, it's a great location.

Our room turned out to be very good for us, but it was a bit strange to be so separate from the rest of the rooms in the Inn, as we had to go through a stairwell corridor and past a concrete "picnic" area. The rooms on both sides seemed not to be guest rooms, but rather storage or supply areas for the Inn, and we walked past what looked like a fish-cleaning table on the balcony next door to us.

Inside, the room was very big, with a king bed and a sofa that left the room still feeling large. The furniture was pretty nice and seemed fairly new, the carpet was tasteful and new-looking, and there was a mini-fridge, microwave, and small coffee maker. Oddly, there two strange track lights on the ceiling, one of which was spotlight bright, and the other of which did not seem to work. The only other things that seemed particularly dated were the motel-like bedspread and curtains, the latter of which were slightly detached from the rod/rail, both of which could be easy fixes. The bathroom was small, but recently updated, bright, clean, and nicer than I have experienced in many upscale hotels. The room and linens were all very clean.

(As for the view from the room, for a few moments in the morning, we had a slight ocean view when the room we faced in the motel next door had its door open and we looked through their window and room!) ;o)

Parking is fairly tight, in the ground-level lot below the building, but the office staff can help you find a spot, if it seems full.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple