“A great place to go”
Review of Sea Crest Inn

Sea Crest Inn
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed July 26, 2009

2009 was our first year going to the Sea Crest. We really loved it. Our room was an efficency on the first floor. It was a huge room and plenty of space to go around. It was well worth it. For people who have teenagers, this is really not the place to go. I have a teenager of my own, he was unhappy at first, but then found things to do, so he was okay. There wasn't a single teenager to be found, so it would be a good place to relax. It's all the way at the end of town, so you'll have to walk if you want to get anywhere. But, the upside is you're in a quiet part of town that's not near arcades or mini golf and is across the street from the beach. :)

My family will be back in 2010!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 24, 2009

We stayed at the Sea Crest Inn in Cape May, NJ for the weekend of July 17-19. I wish we could have stayed longer!

The hotel was so convenient to the beach. It is right across the street. And this part of the beach has restrooms and a snack shack, where you can get cold drinks and hot food. And it was great to just park the car and be able to walk to just about everything Cape May has to offer.

Our room, a 1 bedroom on the third floor, facing the sun deck, was very clean. Which, in my opinion, is the most important criteria in any hotel. It has a full kitchen, a living room with a kitchen table and chairs. A balcony that overlooks the sun deck, although that just faces another building. To be honest, I was sorry I didn't ask to upgrade to the beach front King room I was offered when I first booked the hotel. But the Queen size bed was very comfortable and the room was very quiet!

The pool was very refreshing and extremely clean. The gazebo was charming. The spa was just the right temperature. And once again, very clean.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. This is more of an adult hotel, I don't believe children are allowed on the top 3 floors. Which for our 25th anniversary, is exactly what we looking for!

The next time my husband and I want to get away to Cape May, I will definitely stay at the Sea Crest again!

Reviewed July 23, 2009

I'm a stickler for a view (I don't have one at home), so if you're like me, there are rooms you won't want at this Inn. Avoid rooms with 'sun deck' view. The sun deck is a stifling unshaded cement pad with a few dying plants. That said and done--we upgraded to an ocean view--and couldn't have enjoyed our stay more in our bright, spacious ocean view room with full kitchen, sitting and dining area in addition to bedroom. The location across from the beach is perfectly situated to avoid noisy night life or you can walk over and join in if that's your thing. Loved the access to biking, kayaking, and more restaurants with good menus than we could possibly sample. Kathy, our housekeeper, saw that my husband had dropped his credit card out of his back pock, picked it up, and hurried down four flights after us to return it (and scold him!) Give that gal a raise!

Reviewed July 22, 2009

My sister and I have been coming to Sea Crest Inn for 9 years (often multiple times in a year). We don't even think about looking elsewhere to stay. Sea Crest Inn is our home away from home. Our room is huge (with a fabulous view of the ocean) and immaculate. The service is beyond accommodating. The owners have always been generous and friendly, understanding, and service-oriented. When we checked in for our most recent stay, we were welcomed with happy smiles and warm greetings. We can't help it ... we feel like family returning home! And each time we think of Cape May, it's automatic that we think "Sea Crest Inn"!

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank Jeanne31
Reviewed July 22, 2009

We enjoy coming to Sea Crest now for over 9 yrs.....and its still a pleasure. We come down at least 3-4 times a year. Bob and his staff are always helpful, kind and friendly. Wonderful views from your roon and new updates this year. Just wish it was OPEN all year round. See ya all at the Crest.

Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed at the Seacrest Inn for a week and it was excellent. We have stayed at many shore hotels and this one was by far the best. The staff was very helpful, the rooms were very clean and the pool area was beautiful. You could always get a lounge chair. There was plenty of parking. We stayed in the queen sun deck suite on the second floor. The suite was very large with lots of closet and drawer space. There is nothing I can say about our stay that would be negative. We will go back again next year.

Reviewed July 21, 2009

We have been staying at the Sea Crest for about 8 years or more. The staff and owners are very good to us and the place is very clean. Its so cozy and comfortable we never want to leave. We come to Cape May about 3 times a year and always stay at the Sea Crest. I would never want to stay anywhere else. Love the place.
pat and phil lamm