“love the place, been here many times over many years”

Sea Crest Motor Inn
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed July 2, 2009

The place is always clean, quiet, mature in it's demeanor. the money is put back into the Sea Crest, always new upgrades.
This time we saw new doors with built in louver blinds, new large tinted ocean view windows and bathroom shower updates.
The place is never mildew like some other shore inns.
Last year it was full when we did a spur of the moment drive to Cape May, we stayed elsewhere & missed the SeaCrest badly.
Not a kid place, really, it's mature quiet & friendly.
Being from mid Jersey it's a little hard to be greeted in a friendly manner by some other guests there. Are you talking to me? Do I know you?
But I got used to it.

Reviewed June 30, 2009

We've been coming to Cape May for many years and first started out going to a B&B which someone we knew owned. He now owns "Tommy's Hotdogs". When he sold the B&B, we tried the Seacrest Inn because we wanted to be by the ocean, and have stayed there ever since. It's a great location near the end of Ocean Dr. away from most of the activities, just where we want to be to relax. Bob and family have always kept the place in great condition and esp. now with some remodeling they have done. We won't stay anywhere else, and anyone who has complained here, well, guess you can't please everyone, then stay away and keep the rooms for us. Thanks for another great vacation!

Reviewed June 27, 2009

I have stayed in Hotels and Motels all over the Jersey Shore.
This past week was my very first time visiting Cape May, NJ and the Sea Crest Inn.

THE MOTEL IS FAMILY RUN IN A GREAT LOCATION AND VERY CLEAN!!!!!!

I would highly recommend booking the 2 Room Suites as they are really nice.
They have a Bedroom, Bathroom, and Living Room with Hard Wood Floors.
All the comforts of Home including a Refrigerator, Sink, Stove, and Microwave.
Balcony w/ Table and Chairs overlooking the Ocean.

I can't forget to mention the Swimming Pool and Hot Tub.
Even a Sun Deck with a BBQ that you can use.
What more could you want?

THANK YOU SEA CREST INN FOR THE GREAT R&R!!!

1  Thank RWC130
Reviewed September 20, 2008

Just to start with, my wife and I have traveled all over the U.S. and have stayed in various B&B's, Hotels and Motels and have made many observations and acquired a certain amount of knowledge.

The place is located in a convenient location with the beach across Ocean Ave. and within a short walking distance to shopping and restaurants. I recommend parking you vehicle and walking everywhere if you are physically able. You'll love the fresh sea breeze walking along the Promenade and you'll sleep better at night.

When first entering the room (bedroom with small kitchenette/sitting/eating area), you will be pleasantly surprised to find a clean room that actually smells clean too, not like most musty sea dwellings. In addition, there were plenty of towels and other amenities.

We have three compaints. First, the hot water and cold water was reversed in the shower which could scold someone without quick reactions. I found this to be a serious safety issue since it nearly happened to me. Second, only 3 of the 4 stoves worked, which made it difficult to make breakfast one morning. There was a microwave and medium size refrigerator too.

Lastly, our biggest complaint was that they had minor room construction going on beteween 10am to 6pm. This is not acceptable, since I know this work can be done in the off season (Jan. & Feb.). I didn't enjoy coming back to my room, after being on the beach, where I wanted to sit on the balcony and have a cold beer and overlook the ocean with some solitude. This was ridiculous and I believe many seniors who are use to naps during the day would agree. I hope this helps in your decision making.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2008

from the moment we checked in ,through check out .my wife and 3 children felt completely catered to. the rooms were beautiful. complete ocean views. steps to the beach. the pool and grounds were perfection at its best. the rooms are extremely clean. the staff are very helpful and knowledgable .wildwoods boardwalk and amusement parks are just over the bridge.the anbiance of cape may and the sea crest motor inn is extremely relaxing. the area is a melting pot of 5 star restaurants.my wife and i have stayed around the world . the seacrest motor inn is by far one of the most joyeous experiences we have ever encountered. we give many thanks to robert and cindy progner.and of course vivian the office manager who made sure our vacation was perfect! we cant wait to go back..
many thanks,
marc,sophia and 3 spoiled kids
satellite bch,florida

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ladylover
Reviewed August 19, 2008

My fiance and I stayed at Sea Crest for two nights over a weekend. Since we didn't plan on spending much time in the room, we didn't really care where we stayed. The smallest room with a queen size bed and no balcony was the only available room during our stay but it was nice and clean. Good for a weekend trip. Nothing fancy but not bad either. The Sea Crest Inn is conveniently located across from the beach. Very close to the main town square. We walked everywhere. Overall, i would recommend the Sea Crest Inn. Great if you are looking for a basic but nice place to stay for a weekend trip.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank litlcloud
Reviewed August 15, 2008

This was our third trip to the Sea Crest and we have enjoyed every one. The location is perfect for beach access, shopping and restaurant-exploration. The rooms are spacious and exceptionally clean.

We did find the air conditioning to be lacking. There is one unit for the two-room suite. This year we were in a room with the bedroom in the back and the living room facing the pool. The living room never cooled off enough to be comfortable on particularly hot days.

Wireless Internet is advertised, but we found it to be very unreliable, so if you need to do work there, be warned. Next time I will just leave the computer at home!

Things to bring with you:
-a clock! (only one on the microwave),
-paper towels for the kitchenette (thank you to the previous reviewer who mentioned that)
-beach towels for the pool and the beach
-maybe a fan for the living room

We loved the chairs on the deck and the beach right across the street. I'm sure we will go again!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple