“Great place to stay!!!”

Ranked #30 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Medford, New Jersey, United States
“Great place to stay!!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great bed and breakfast!!! Great location,close to the beach,shopping and restaurants. Room was clean,comfortable and well decorated. Jan and Mark are extremely friendly,hospitable,and knowledgeable about the points of interests in the area. Breakfast was delicious!!! Jan is quite the cook. Wonderful time. Will be back and can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
innmombo, Owner at The Luther Ogden Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hello Sue,
So glad you enjoyed your stay at the Luther Ogden Inn. When you left, I felt like we had known each other for years! We look forward to your next visit.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 9, 2013

As soon as you enter the premises, the odor of mildew is apparent. Room 2's air conditioner spreads the blight all around the room. Luckily, the weather was lovely and we could leave the windows open.
(A better eye for color and pattern would help the awful wallpaper/coverlet mismatch. A chair in the room would provide more comfort.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
innmombo, Owner at The Luther Ogden Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
While we were chatting on the porch as you were about to check out, you told me that there was a smell of mildew coming from the AC. I thanked you for alerting me and said I am in and out of the room all the time and have never smelled anything. You then admitted that you were sensitive to it. I immediately called the heating and cooling company that installed the ductless system. I told them I had had a complaint. The representative told me he had had several calls this summer about the exact same problem (particularly hot and humid, I guess). He then said it would be a 5-7 hour job to completely dismantle and sanitize the system. They are coming on Wednesday to do the job. If there is a problem, then it will be corrected. If there is not a problem, then I will know I have a very clean AC system.

We always welcome constructive criticism since we are always striving to improve and upgrade our inn. I will also let Macy's know that you did not care for the bedding set.
Havertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Weekend getaway, perfect location, close to beach and shopping district. The Innkeepers Jan and Mark are wonderful people, very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was absolutely delightful! Rooms were very clean and a large shower in bathroom. Very comfortable and homey. Thanks Jan and Mark for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz G
Thank you so much for your lovely review of our inn. We love it when our guests love their experience!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Luther Ogden many times over 15 years and have always enjoyed our stay. We love the wrap around porch and the delicious breakfasts served there; the clean and comfortable rooms and the friendliness of the innkeepers. It's always fun to meet new guests, especially those visiting Cape May for the 1st time. Jan and Mark are warm and gracious hosts and will guide you with enjoying your stay in Cape May. We try to return every year and looking forward to another summer get away soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tony V
Maryland
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Great
Inn is only 2 blocks from the beach and a nice walk to the shops and restaraunts in a nice neighborhood.
Innkeepers - very hospitable and helpful.

Breakfast on the nice porch - awsome ! something different every morning, different types of french toast or egg strata's with fruit, coffee, juice. Jan will accomodate your diet, gluten free, vegetarian etc...

The not great: All this explains the lesser price.
3 flights of steep steps. It's alot of steps. You can walk it inside or outside.
Musty carpet. A\C not so strong, that smelled too. No ice.

The worst was the towels were like sandpaper and smelled musty. They use a service for them and the service does not use soap and softener. I did not even smell bleach. It seemed like they washed then in very hot water. Fresh towels stunk. I felt like I was using dirty towels. Between this and the carpet you felt dirty even though the room was clean.

No counter space for toiletries at the Pedestal sink. Even though the great was great, it was a very uncomfortable stay and we could not wait to leave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nthemermaid
innmombo, Owner at The Luther Ogden Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We're glad you enjoyed the location, our wraparound porch, and our breakfasts. As for the towel problem, you should have let me know you were not satisfied. We absolutely do not send our towels out to a service. I have no idea where you got that idea. I personally wash all linens here at the inn and certainly use soap! I would have been happy to give you another set of towels. Yes, our rooms are upstairs. You are correct.
Kensington, Maryland
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I spent time in Cape May over President's weekend. Jan and Mark were wonderful hosts. Jan made a dinner reservation for us at a local restaurant which was a great convenience for us. The room was neat and clean and breakfast was delightful! We highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast for your Cape May visit!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntington, New York
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I are repeat customers at the Luther Ogden Inn. This time we were there during the hottest days of the year so far. We stayed in room 2 which was very comfortable with great air conditioning. Jan and Mark are very nice hosts and easy to talk to. They are very helpfull with information regarding places to eat and things to do. We will be back again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple