“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of King's Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
King's Cottage
Ranked #34 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Barbara, Dan and Roseann provide excellent customer service. My husband and I just returned from a week stay. This was not our first time at the inn. We've stayed in different rooms and they are always clean and comfortable. The innkeepers are very accommodating and a wealth of information regarding Cape May. Barbara's lemon cake is superb. The location is very close to the beach and shopping.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I made a reservation on line and got an email reply that said your room has been reserved and someone will call you. No one called me and when I called, Barbara told me that the room I had reserved was no longer available. Then she proceeded to hang up on me. When I called back, she did not reply. Terrible customer service, do not stay here. It is apparent they don't know how to use the online reservation system. Very upset at this very bad customer service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cpcarra13
westyUsa, Owner at King's Cottage, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
It is true that this reviewer made an On Line request for a room on Monday of the Labor Day holiday for the following Saturday night but no one at Kings Cottage E-Mailed back giving this reviewer a Confirmation of the request for the date or room asked for. The Webervations System works by informing the person making a room request that someone from the Kings Cottage will contact them with the availability and rate of the room request - as it was a very busy time over the Labor Day weekend we at Kings Cottage did not have the opportunity to get on the computer and give any information for this request

Just as I was about to E-Mail this reviewer on September 4th to give the information that the room requested was not available as it had been booked several days before the request had come in On Line and that it had been booked for a two night stay which we require on weekends and this reviewer wanted just a Saturday night only - I received a phone call from this reviewer and I said that I was just about to make an E-Mail reply about the room request and proceeded to explain the procedure of On Line requests and how we need to get a reply by phone and get a credit card number to secure and confirm a reservation for a room if the dates and room are available to the request.

This reviewer did not want to hear my explanation and insisted that a reservation was made on line and each time I tried to explain that I had not spoken to anyone on the phone to give an actual confirmation or get a credit card number this reviewer did not want to hear my words and kept insisting that a reservation was made on-line and that the room was reserved

After repeated attempts with my explanations there was not much more I could say - yes I do know the on line reservation system very well since we at Kings Cottage have been using it for many years - it is a very good system and works well for both the Innkeepers and our guests but it has its draw backs when the phone is also ringing and we are also taking reservations while Inn keeping and not able to be on the computer at all hours - that is why who ever uses this system must understand that what may look available on the chart may not be available in real time and I am not sure that this reviewer understood that. I could have been more helpful to this reviewer if I had had the chance to explain this system and how it works.

Barbara Preminger ~ Owner-Innkeeper
Kings Cottage
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

My stay was a nightmare!!! Barbera one of the owners almost gave me a heat attack. She is a new owner with no people skills. She woke me up in the am screaming that someone burglarized the place. Truth is, anyone can get in there. She was also spying at us on the fire escape onto our bathroom window. I can go on & on about this place.
The old reviews were to the previous owners. This woman is a new owner & knows nothing about the hospitality business.I actually had to leave within 1 hour after I was woken up and was never refunded my money.
It's a very small B&B!!! They have only 1 spacious room. Room 2. There is no breakfast like advertised. It's just a small old house with very small rooms.

Room Tip: Room 2. That's it! Broken air conditioner!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Francine C
westyUsa, Owner at King's Cottage, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor and all those who read these reviews

This is a very sad and potentially libelous review because none of this happened as reported by this reviewer. As a matter of fact I was very surprised to see that this reviewer would write this on the world wide internet because it has put the reputation of our business in a bad light. We, the owners of Kings Cottage know the true events of this reviewers stay as do the other guests who were involved and who wrote and signed a statement for us as witness to the true facts of this reviewers stay.

This reviewer came with family including a 20 something son who came into the Inn while this reviewer was asleep in the middle of the night - both the reviewer and son had entrance keys. The next morning around 11 AM another guest staying with us came to me and asked if anyone had checked into the room next to them during the night and I said no - the guest then reported being woken at 3 AM by loud voices coming from the next room (we only had this reviewer and this guest staying with us at the time of this event) Since there was no one else staying at the Inn this guest and I went to this reviewer who at the time was standing in the hallway and asked if we could get any information of there being other people in the room next to the guest's room making loud noises at 3 AM

All other things in this review did not happen. I am sorry if this reviewer's son caused her problems at Kings Cottage

Also my husband and I have owned and run Kings Cottage for over 12 years - we are not new owners and I care very much about all my guests and their safety and well being and I give as much hospitality as I know how to give. Please read many other reviews. We have guests who visit us over and over again. Our Inn is an old Victorian House but comfortable and welcoming to all. As was said in a recent review by one of our long time returning guests "they feel like family when they come to visit". A comment like this means a lot to me and makes me proud to be a caring Innkeeper

Barbara Preminger ~ Owner-Innkeeper
Kings Cottage B & B
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We have been to Cape May for many summers but this was our first time at the King's Cottage. We are already planning our next trip! Roseann and Barbara were perfect hosts in their beautiful inn. So much character! Room 2 had spectacular views and so much extra space. I was concerned about not having a condo kitchen we were used to for beach snacks but a small refrigerator is available on each floor for guests. Perfect! We were just steps away from the beach making this stay our most convenient. Walking to dinner and the mall was so easy. The continental breakfast was just enough to start our day and appreciated, since breakfast out in Cape May can be very expensive. Loved that we didn't have to pack our beach umbrella, towels and chairs if we didn't want to. We will be back!

Room Tip: Room 2 has wonderful porches, beach views and extra space
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

From the time our hostess met us at the Door I felt as though we were being welcomed into someone's home .
warm , inviting and comfortable .the view from our room was spectacular and the location was excellent , close to shops , restaurants ,
and the beach .
the home made blueberry muffins were exquisite .definitely a must !

York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This gem at the shore was a very pleasant surprise. Beautiful furnishings, wonderful treats (the iced mint limeade and black bottom brownies are worth the trip alone), an amazing innkeeper (thanks Roseann), and a very relaxing, romantic, and restorative experience!

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have been staying at King's Cottage for the last 5 years, and must say, this is the only B&B I would ever want to stay. You can not beat the location of this place. Close to the center where everything happens, next to Congress Hall, 2 steps away from the beach. The house's history tells a story, while in this modern life it still offers everything you need. Compare to other B&B's it is also more affordable. The innkeepers are friendly and personal. I feel like I am part of the family when I visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo