“Bates Motel!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of King's Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
King's Cottage
Ranked #33 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bates Motel!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

My stay was a nightmare!!! Barbera one of the owners almost gave me a heat attack. She is a new owner with no people skills. She woke me up in the am screaming that someone burglarized the place. Truth is, anyone can get in there. She was also spying at us on the fire escape onto our bathroom window. I can go on & on about this place.
The old reviews were to the previous owners. This woman is a new owner & knows nothing about the hospitality business.I actually had to leave within 1 hour after I was woken up and was never refunded my money.
It's a very small B&B!!! They have only 1 spacious room. Room 2. There is no breakfast like advertised. It's just a small old house with very small rooms.

Room Tip: Room 2. That's it! Broken air conditioner!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Francine C
westyUsa, Owner at King's Cottage, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor and all those who read these reviews

This is a very sad and potentially libelous review because none of this happened as reported by this reviewer. As a matter of fact I was very surprised to see that this reviewer would write this on the world wide internet because it has put the reputation of our business in a bad light. We, the owners of Kings Cottage know the true events of this reviewers stay as do the other guests who were involved and who wrote and signed a statement for us as witness to the true facts of this reviewers stay.

This reviewer came with family including a 20 something son who came into the Inn while this reviewer was asleep in the middle of the night - both the reviewer and son had entrance keys. The next morning around 11 AM another guest staying with us came to me and asked if anyone had checked into the room next to them during the night and I said no - the guest then reported being woken at 3 AM by loud voices coming from the next room (we only had this reviewer and this guest staying with us at the time of this event) Since there was no one else staying at the Inn this guest and I went to this reviewer who at the time was standing in the hallway and asked if we could get any information of there being other people in the room next to the guest's room making loud noises at 3 AM

All other things in this review did not happen. I am sorry if this reviewer's son caused her problems at Kings Cottage

Also my husband and I have owned and run Kings Cottage for over 12 years - we are not new owners and I care very much about all my guests and their safety and well being and I give as much hospitality as I know how to give. Please read many other reviews. We have guests who visit us over and over again. Our Inn is an old Victorian House but comfortable and welcoming to all. As was said in a recent review by one of our long time returning guests "they feel like family when they come to visit". A comment like this means a lot to me and makes me proud to be a caring Innkeeper

Barbara Preminger ~ Owner-Innkeeper
Kings Cottage B & B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We have been to Cape May for many summers but this was our first time at the King's Cottage. We are already planning our next trip! Roseann and Barbara were perfect hosts in their beautiful inn. So much character! Room 2 had spectacular views and so much extra space. I was concerned about not having a condo kitchen we were used to for beach snacks but a small refrigerator is available on each floor for guests. Perfect! We were just steps away from the beach making this stay our most convenient. Walking to dinner and the mall was so easy. The continental breakfast was just enough to start our day and appreciated, since breakfast out in Cape May can be very expensive. Loved that we didn't have to pack our beach umbrella, towels and chairs if we didn't want to. We will be back!

Room Tip: Room 2 has wonderful porches, beach views and extra space
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

From the time our hostess met us at the Door I felt as though we were being welcomed into someone's home .
warm , inviting and comfortable .the view from our room was spectacular and the location was excellent , close to shops , restaurants ,
and the beach .
the home made blueberry muffins were exquisite .definitely a must !

York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This gem at the shore was a very pleasant surprise. Beautiful furnishings, wonderful treats (the iced mint limeade and black bottom brownies are worth the trip alone), an amazing innkeeper (thanks Roseann), and a very relaxing, romantic, and restorative experience!

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have been staying at King's Cottage for the last 5 years, and must say, this is the only B&B I would ever want to stay. You can not beat the location of this place. Close to the center where everything happens, next to Congress Hall, 2 steps away from the beach. The house's history tells a story, while in this modern life it still offers everything you need. Compare to other B&B's it is also more affordable. The innkeepers are friendly and personal. I feel like I am part of the family when I visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Barbara and Roseanne are the sweetest innkeepers. They make you feel at home and the afternoon snacks and wine are a special treat -- especially the chocolate chip scones! My fiance and I booked for the 4th of July weekend while doing some wedding planning. We watched the Fireworks from our corner balcony and porch and had a wonderful time. The Inn is very clean and homey. We look forward to going back soon. Plus, they have beach chairs and towels and umbrellas for use. And it's not the beach without an outdoor shower -- they even let us use it later that day after we checked out. We look forward to going back soon!

Rio Grande, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

What a wonderful weekend we had during our stay at this beautiful bed and breakfast. It is located only steps to the beach and in the heart of Cape May. We were able to park our car and did not have to move til we had to leave. We felt like we had know the innkeeper our whole lives, she seemed to know our next question. If you are looking for location and a friendly atmosphere look no farther you will be happy you stayed at the Kings Cottage

U

Room Tip: Room 3 has a very peaceful feeling