“Great Convenient Location Friendly Staff Incredible Architectural Details”
Review of King's Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
King's Cottage
Ranked #33 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Milford, Delaware
“Great Convenient Location Friendly Staff Incredible Architectural Details”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

The innkeepers are some of the friendliest and nicest I have met at any B&B. They offer many options in accomodations.The first floor has a glass enclosed porch and open porch, sitting room with TV and dining room. Great breakfast if you choose that option - they also offer a continential breakfast option that costs less. The Kings Cottage is an old home with the obvious need for constant upkeep. If you know old homes you will appreciate this and the irregularities you encounter. Very clean, accomodating innkeepers, not perfect but it it located in the middle of EVERYTHING and the staff is WONDERFUL!

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 have the best views but a bit noisy
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chriswilis

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Southampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 9, 2011

My husband and I spent the past weekend celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary at The Kings Cottage. We had a fantastic time, and were very happy with all of our accomodations. Our room was decorated very nicely, with a great deck that had a beautiful view of the ocean! We couldn't have asked for anything more. The owners were both very friendly, and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. You just can't beat the location of this B&B which is literally steps from the ocean. All the rooms have their own bathrooms, and there was even a small refrigerator outside our room to keep drinks cold. Barbara and Roseanne truly have a special place. I also will now be growing my own mint thanks to Barbara!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank banerbunch
penndel
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We just got back from a wonderful stay at the Kings Cottage. This was not our first stay as we have been coming here for the last 6 to 7 years. We've stayed at a few other b&b's and we want to experience more but we always decide to come here. The innkeepers are just three of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. From the moment you get there till the moment you leave, they are always friendly and very accommodating.
The rooms are very nice (we've stayed in all but two) and very clean. My wife and I are fanatical about cleanliness so that's real important to us. The breakfast is always very good and there is always something different so no matter what you like you can usually find something satisfying. The innkeepers are also very knowledgable about the history of Cape May and also where to dine and be entertained. I could go on and on but the bottom line is I've stayed at the King's Cottage probably 12 to 13 times over the past 7 years and I have never been disappointed. Can't wait to go back.!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PenndelChris
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I decided to stay here at the last minute and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only room that was left was the most inexpensive room. Each room has its own bathroom, which is very nice and also very rare in the older B&B's in this area. The whole place was very charming and the neighborhood is excellent. It is central to all of the shopping, restaurants and the beach. I loved having breakfast on the veranda. I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys staying in old Victorian B&B's.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank webz512
vestal, New York, USA
Reviewed August 12, 2010

When my wife and I wanted to visit Cape May again on our way to North Carolina, I wanted a nice and inexpensive place to stay for a few nights. I wanted a great location, view of the ocean, walking distance to the nightlife and a great place to stay but I needed a great price.
I knew this was going to be a tough call since I wanted it all during August. So I turned to Google Maps and crawled around the map view and found this Bed and Breakfast with it's phone number. The location was great and I always wanted to try a B&B rather than our normal hotels there. I called and the rest is history.
It was a great stay for a GREAT PRICE!!!! I got it all!! Location across the street from the beach, a few steps from the night life around the block, bike rental across the street, a victorian with front porch to hang out on, a shower out back to get my sand off and I loved the bust in the stairway up to my room.
We stayed in Room 10 and it is a great value for folks like us on a budget!
Location, Location, Location

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lindatomaras
Lancaster,PA
Reviewed June 23, 2010

My husband and I set off to escape our busy farm life, and just soak in the waves of the ocean and the town of Cape May. I must begin here by saying that I read some reviews that were a bit disturbing about the King's Cottage, but spoke to the inn keeper and felt reassured that we would be satisfied. I must say that the negative reviews, in our opinion, were decidedly unfounded.
We stayed in room 2, which had a very comfortable bed, plenty of chairs...a futon on with 2 wicker chairs in the indoor veranda, and 2 wicker chairs in the outdoor veranda. The view from these nooks was so beautiful and relaxing, with the beach so close, and the sea breeze casting it's spell on us. Even though the inn is undergoing some repairs (on going repairs are typical of any house of this age), it was a great value...making Cape May not just for the rich and famous, of which we are not! Well, we actually are rich, in that we could stay in such a place and find peace and rest for our overworked selves. We will return again, and probably even this year...and hopefully stay in the very same room. But for your further information, I did get a chance to peek into several other rooms, all of which seemed very clean and inviting. Thank you Rose Ann for your recommendation to go to Sunset Beach for the Flag ceremony...it was quite moving. And thank you Barbara for your friendly and positive disposition.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnBeckieT
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 20, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a visit to Cape May and stayed at King's Cottage. I reviewed several hotels/B&B's in the area and decided on King's Cottage. We were delighted with everything! Barbara welcomed us and was so informative of everything in the area. She is so pleasant and accomodating. I can't say enough of how wonderful Barbara and her husband were. The room was fantastic with a beautiful view of the ocean. The bed was very comfortable. The shower and veranda were fabulous. We were within walking distance of lots of shops and restaurants. Even though the weather was not very great the first day, we still had a great time. It was very quiet and relaxing. We were delighted with afternoon tea, cookies, cheese and crackers. Breakfast was so filling and delicious. I do not know what type of people would give this B&B a bad review, but we would recommend this to anyone!!! Claire & Steve

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple