All reviews pier house ocean front across the street beach tags oceanfront room beach service covered parking front desk staff full ocean view quiet end chairs and umbrellas off season beach avenue small balcony on site restaurant mini kitchen coffee maker
Reviewed August 6, 2018

My partner and I checked in the hotel at 3pm on August 3rd, we then went to the beach and received a phone call from my partner’s mother that his grandpa has passed away, we packed up our stuff and checked out the hotel at 4:30pm same day, as we were so shocked and saddened by the event and needed to go home asap (we literally spent 7 horus driving that day), we just paid the full amount and did not explain to the hotel as we couldn’t bear to utter any words. We then caalled hotel later the evening to explaint he situation and asked for their compassion to partially refund the $685 we paid for (which we stayed for 1.5 hours) or let us use the room another time (it’s our forth anniversary). The hotel initially stated it would be up to hotel.com as we booked through them, we proceeded to call hotel.com and they were extremely understanding and said they would be more than happy to refund given the unfortunate event we were enduring but the hotel was the billing party so it will be up to the hotel. However, the hotel rejected our request not only they were sending us back and forth with hotel.com while we were dealing with the family event. The hotel agent suggested us calling the manger at 8am next morning which I did then they said “call at 9am” which I did. When I called the manager, the reservation was very rude about it and kept saying “we won’t refund and you can leave a message to the manager (Angel)” and obviously no one will return our calls.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tessa T
marakis, Manager at La Mer Beachfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

We are so sorry for this unfortunate event during your stay. We will be certain to take your insights to management and learn from this review. Enjoy your summer!

Reviewed August 1, 2018

I have stayed in this hotel in the past, it was very nice. Think of a Marriott hotel on the beach however currently [ summer 2018] they have closed their restaurant on the beach, major problem. Not only was this the best part of the stay but disappointingly we didn't find out until we arrived. I would not stay here in the summer of 2018 and check to make sure all resources are available prior to booking. Very Disappointed!!!

Room Tip: The Hotel is nice but right now its under construction and there is no restaurant
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mgagnew

We are so sorry to read your review. Again, our sincerest apologies but with growth...comes construction. We are striving our hardest to complete the new restaurant and hotel wing as swiftly as possible. We hope you visit us again to see what we've recreated in Cape May.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed our 5 night stay here mid July. Liked its location away from busiest section of Ocean Avenue. Very clean room with lots of storage for the two of us. (4th floor, oceanview). Bed was comfy with excellent housekeeping. Thought pool too small & no privacy on balcony.

Beach was beautiful and so convenient to have towels, chairs & umbrellas set up with no charge (except tip, of course).

Recommend having breakfast at Uncle Bill's (5 minute drive from Le Mer). Also enjoyed dinner at Crab House, Lobster House & Boat House.

We intend to return. Wish it were not so expensive.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Hooray! We are so pleased to read you will return! Enjoy the rest of your summer and thank you for the kind words.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

The hotel help was cold and unwelcoming. In the middle of our check in, the front desk stopped and answered a phone call and made us wait, no apology afterward. The room balconies have no privacy and you cannot sit out there and enjoy the view with saying hello to everyone else on their balcony from every angle. The restaurant was closed, construction workers everywhere.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MahAgranola

Reviewed July 26, 2018

My boyfriend and I have been long time guests of this hotel for the last several years staying at La Mer for a week each summer for the last 5 years, as well as staying for an overnight in the fall. I have also recommended the hotel to family and friends who I have done a girls weekend with and even my sister's bachelorette party weekend. We always book before we leave for the following year because you are guaranteed this year's best available rate for next year. Well, this year because of the new computer system we were unable to book and we were told to call the next day and we would have no problem. So that is what I did. However, to my surprise I was informed that the same exact room next year would be costing me $747.62 more than this year. The difference for this exact room from summer of 2017 to summer of 2018 for a week was $18.94. How is this possible???? I asked the employee I was speaking with to please connect me to the manager as I felt this was not accurate. I spoke to a manager who quoted me a price almost $200 more than the first woman I spoke with. I asked both the employees how this was possible and neither had an answer. I was informed by that manager that she would inform another manager of this and I would receive a call the next day. Well more than a week later, I have not received a call. Shame on you La Mer, I guess our business all these years means nothing to you. A phone call back would have gone a long way. Are your guests now paying for your additional rooms to be built??? How do you even justify that type of increase?? Well instead of making memories at your hotel, we will be making new memories in Cape May at a different hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple