La Mer Beachfront Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
ICONA Cape May(Cape May)
View Hotel
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
Periwinkle Inn(Cape May)
View Hotel
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)
Jetty Motel(Cape May)
View Hotel
All reviewspier houseocean frontacross the streetbeach tagsoceanfront roomcovered parkingfront desk stafffull ocean viewquiet endfull size refrigeratoroff seasonbeach avenuemini kitchenon site restaurantlounge chairscoffee makerbeach access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We thought this was a great choice for a weekend get away. Very friendly check in and the room was really nice. The beach ammenities were great. Very nice attendants who set us up with lounges, towels, etc just like any great resort. The only downside was the restaurant on site which isn't owned by them. The breakfast was really lousy. Wouldn't consider going back there for any other meal but not a problem since Cape May has plenty of nice restaurants. A little far to walk to the shopping area but we had no problem moving the car and parking. Would stay at La Mer again without hesitation.

Room Tip: We had a side view which was fine. Saved a few $$$ that way.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dan46826
marakis, Manager at La Mer Beachfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you so much for the glowing 5-star review! We truly appreciate the fact you found our Inn as a great choice during your stay in Cape May. We are over-the-moon you were pleased with your room, our beach amenities and staff. We are so happy you would return without hesitation. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I think this is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in Cape May,NJ. I chose to stay in this hotel the night before my wedding with my wedding party. I payed for the room a month ahead of time and was changing my room the next night for my honeymoon. The front desk called me several times at eleven AM,while I was getting dressed for my wedding, and explained,"I must get out of the room so the maid can clean the room!!!". I asked if they had my room for that night so I could move into my new room and theytold me,"No!". I asked the front desk where do you expect me to get dressed?? I asked for a late checkout which is usually 1PM in most high end hotels. Obviously,La Mer is not a high end hotel and demanded i leave my room by noon and did not give me my other room even though I payed. La Mer clearly does not know how to treat their customers with courtesy and empathy. I ended up walking down the hallway in my night shirt and luggage to my new in laws room a hour before my wedding to get dressed. They would not give me a room even though I payed. They ruined my whole wedding day. I sobbed in tears about how badly I was treated!!! Please do not stay in this hotel they don't care about paying customers they are just money hungry.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere in Cape May,NJ but not at the La Mer.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
16  Thank Caroline M

Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate the opportunity to answer our guests on both positive and negative views of our hotel.

In our research of your account, we were unaware that you had two reservations. Since you made the reservations under two separate names in two different rooms and did not make us aware that you were a bride, we had no opportunity to provide you special services. Your flowers were delivered after checkout and you insisted on staying in the room until 2 even though we had other guests checking into that room at 3. We even assisted your husband with finding a limo service since his earlier plans had fallen through.

In fact, we tried to go above and beyond with the little information we had to work with after check out time had already occurred and even offered you a nights stay free for the hassle. You insisted on demanding more when we did nothing wrong on our side except for a lack of knowing we had a bride in our hotel with 2 different reservations in 2 different names on 2 different dates.

We wish you all of the best in your life together but we must dispute your review as an inaccurate occurrence of events.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel is directly across from the beach. Free beach passes and luxury towels with chairs and umbrella included. Friendly staff. Room decor is old fashioned but very clean. Reminder of family vacations long ago. Only draw back is balcony offers no privacy from neighboring rooms and they are very small.

Room Tip: I like ocean view but I would definitely make sure your room has soon sort of view because some face a blank wall.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so very much for the lovely review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us while in Victorian Cape May. We are thrilled you found our rooms very clean and took advantage of our beach amenities. We hope you choose to stay with us again and thank you for the kind review!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was looking for a quick weekend getaway and settled on La Mer Beachfront Inn. I honestly didn't know what to expect based on some of the previous reviews. Wow,,,,not sure what they are talking about. It was easy to find, location right across from beach. The front desk reception was warm , friendly and very hospitable!! We had an oceanfront room on the 4th floor. We walked into our room and were awed by how huge the room was. When you walk in you have a closet, a very large bathroom, kitchen area with cook top stove, refrigerator, microwave, sink, and all dishes, glasses and silverware. Beyond that were two queen beds with a tv, dresser. Seperating this area from the rest of the room was a half wall which on the other side had a sofa, table, chairs and another tv. The balcony had 4 plastic chairs and a small table. It was all you would really need in a hotel room!! We never heard any of the other guests in the rooms next to us and the hotel was sold out. We did not get to enjoy the pool but it looked very very nice. There is also a restaurant adjacent to the hotel that I've heard is very good but didn't get a chance to try. Every staff member we encountered was friendly. Thank you for a great stay. We look forward to coming back next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

WOW! Thank you so very much for the 5-star review! We are so happy to hear positive feedback from our guests. We love the fact you found our rooms spacious and our staff friendly. Thanks so much for the pointing out the details in our rooms — such as our roomy rooms, kitchenettes, sofas and picture-perfect ocean views.

We also appreciate the fact you pointed out that our property (even when sold out) is tranquil, quiet and serene.

Thanks again for the amazing review and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My department has been to La Mer 7 x now. Each year there is more and more improvements to place. In addition to the large clean rooms, we get a suite incase of rain. We rely heavly on the BBQ area as we are a group of 20+. They cater to us in many ways. We can not wait to return so we booked before we left to insure they have room for us for the FF convention in Wildwood.

Room Tip: Ocean view is nice to wake up too in the am, while you drink your coffee from the in room coffee pot!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Wow! We love that you have chosen to stay at the La Mer seven times in a row now! We truly appreciate our repeat customers.

Thank you for pointing out that every year, there are more improvements to our Inn. We truly work hard to exceed our guests' expectations.

Thank you again for the glowing review and we can't wait to see you again.