“Nice stay Fabulous Location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Prince Edward Victorian Suites
Ranked #35 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in the Jackson suite. The location is right where you want to be on fabulous Jackson Street. Short block to the beach and literally steps to the Wahington Street Mall. It had two bedromms, full kitchen overlooking the street, can get a little noisy at night with the windows open. Generally only rents for the week but if she has an opening she will rent nightly. There is no daily housekeeping but parking in driveway is great as parking in Cape May is generally in the bank street lot several blocks away from most of the B@B around the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Robert B

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Prince Edward during our trip to Cape May, and we couldn't be happier with our choice! The house was gorgeous, and Renee the owner was delightful! We stayed in the Jackson Suite, and it was immaculately clean, nicely furnished and very comfortable. Much nicer and much more space than we were expecting! The week we stayed there the weather was incredibly hot every day, but the A/C worked great and kept the whole suite nice and cool. The Private outside entrance that led right down to the driveway was great, and being able to park in the driveway of the house rather than having to go park down the street in the big lot like many of the other places nearby make you do was a HUGE bonus! We spent quite some time lounging on the large nicely shaded front porch just watching the people go by on Jackson st., especially in the mornings and evenings. The location was perfect with just a short 3 minute walk to the beach, the mall, or any number of local food/entertainment places.
We are both thrilled that we decided to stay here. After making our reservation I read a poor review or two on this site, so that concerned me a little prior to our trip, but after seeing the house in person, staying for a few days and chatting with the owner, I knew those reviews were bogus. Some people just need to complain and feel the need to ebellish, but can't be taken seriously. Everything was perfectly clean, perfectly maintained inside and out, and the owner went above and beyond to make sure our experience here was wonderful. I can say without a doubt that we will definitely be staying here again as we had an absolutely perfect experience and at a much more reasonable price than many of the other local inns. We are looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim R
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our five night stay in the Ocean Suite at the Prince Edward and we truly loved our stay. This is our second visit to the Prince Edward and once again it met all of our needs plus some. The apartment was very clean and comfortable offering us everything we needed. The large wrap around front porch gives you a perfect spot to watch all of the action on Jackson Street. The location to the beach and mall can't be beat! The owner Renee was more than hospitable and helpful especially when we locked ourselves out of our apartment and she was available in a matter of minutes to get us back in! We cannot wait to make a return visit!

Room Tip: Just give Renee a heads up as to who is in your party and she will happily arrange the best room for...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathryn Y
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I have stayed in the Ocean Apt many times and have never had negative experiences. Payment up front has always been the rule, and that has never been an issue with me. The apt is comfortable, and there has always been a surprise change each year. Any issues with the apt have always been addressed in a timely manner. I always allow access to the apt if there is a problem. I always provide my own linens; have been willingly doing so each year I have come.
I am a birder, and spend a lot of time at the state park in Cape May Point. I prefer to stay in town, and the Prince Edward provides easy access to all attractions in Cape May. I love to shop; eat in many Cape May restaurants; and walk in town and along the beach. Plus I always attend any festival, art, or antique show that's going on in town.
I love reading on the porch and enjoy my chats with the owners.
I love the Prince Edward, and cannot imagine staying anywhere else.
MES

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Visited the Prince Edward at the end of the summer and I have to say that we really enjoyed it. Lots of renovations have been completed and the house is very clean. The owners could not have been more accomodating and the location is terrific. We will be back!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We rented the Garden Suite for a 5-day stay in Aug 2011 and found it to be fine for our purposes. The Garden Suite is essentially a small apartment in the finished basement which is considerably newer than the rest of the home. It has it's own private entryway and opens to a good sized patio which is available for your use. Keep in mind that this is not the typical Victorian charm experience that many come to Cape May for -- since we stayed in a renovated part of the home it was like more like renting a condo for the week. The rental was clean, kid-friendly and comfortable. The half kitchen has a fridge, microwave and sink (no cooking facilities) with newer plumbing . While it did feel somewhat humid at times, it was never uncomfortable. They do have central A/C and we did not sense any musty smell as other reviewers had indicated. Other reviewers also indicated concens over having to pay up front -- that has been the case in most other inns we've stayed at in Cape May and seems to be par for the course, and did not bother us (on the contrary -- it's paid off, so you can enjoy). We met both owners while relaxing on the front porch and they were cordial. The location can't be beat -- a few houses away from the happening Washington Street walking mall, less than a block to the beach. It also costs considerably less than many of the Inns in the area. If you're looking for convenience and don't mind not having that Victoriam charm experience, but rather more of a condo experience I would recommend the Garden Suite. If you are looking for the charming experience of staying in an old Victorina Inn, you might want to check the other reviews of this property.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My family stayed in this house the summer of 2011 in one of the hottest weeks it was 100 degrees when we arrived; five adults and a two year old. There was an overgrowth on the porch which made the curb appeal of the house look terrible, the owners have really let the outside of the home go. When we entered the rooms it was blistering hot and after getting up into the rooms everyone, including my two year old was sweating to death. Over the week the rooms never seemed to cool down because there cheap air conditioners spit out warm air. The room i slept in with my husband and two year old son had NO air conditioner in it, we sweat through the first couple nights and my son was extremely uncomfortable, however, the owners seemed to think sleeping in those conditions was appropriate. One night we made dinner at home, and when we were cleaning up we noticed the pipe underneath the sink had been broken the whole time we were there, and good thing we looked because the bin catching the water was beginning to overflow. So my husband and mother cleaned up what could have been a terrible mess and we alerted the owner. I would like to emphasize the condition of the pipe was like that before we got to the home, apparently there was a bolt that had broken in half, something that will occur when pluming is not updated over the years. When we returned home the owner emailed us to tell my mother that he was not returning the security deposit, claiming we hid the broken plumbing from him, and that if we had a problem we could take him to court. This is the worst treatment we have recieved from any home in Cape May, and my parents have been staying there for 28 years. Do NOT stay at this home, the condition is awful, they have not been keeping up with the home repairs or needs, it smells, they offer you nothing and steal your money to cover costs they cannot afford.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family