“cape may weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Prince Edward Victorian Suites
Ranked #35 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Broomall, Pennsylvania
“cape may weekend”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Visited the Prince Edward at the end of the summer and I have to say that we really enjoyed it. Lots of renovations have been completed and the house is very clean. The owners could not have been more accomodating and the location is terrific. We will be back!

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Buckingham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We rented the Garden Suite for a 5-day stay in Aug 2011 and found it to be fine for our purposes. The Garden Suite is essentially a small apartment in the finished basement which is considerably newer than the rest of the home. It has it's own private entryway and opens to a good sized patio which is available for your use. Keep in mind that this is not the typical Victorian charm experience that many come to Cape May for -- since we stayed in a renovated part of the home it was like more like renting a condo for the week. The rental was clean, kid-friendly and comfortable. The half kitchen has a fridge, microwave and sink (no cooking facilities) with newer plumbing . While it did feel somewhat humid at times, it was never uncomfortable. They do have central A/C and we did not sense any musty smell as other reviewers had indicated. Other reviewers also indicated concens over having to pay up front -- that has been the case in most other inns we've stayed at in Cape May and seems to be par for the course, and did not bother us (on the contrary -- it's paid off, so you can enjoy). We met both owners while relaxing on the front porch and they were cordial. The location can't be beat -- a few houses away from the happening Washington Street walking mall, less than a block to the beach. It also costs considerably less than many of the Inns in the area. If you're looking for convenience and don't mind not having that Victoriam charm experience, but rather more of a condo experience I would recommend the Garden Suite. If you are looking for the charming experience of staying in an old Victorina Inn, you might want to check the other reviews of this property.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My family stayed in this house the summer of 2011 in one of the hottest weeks it was 100 degrees when we arrived; five adults and a two year old. There was an overgrowth on the porch which made the curb appeal of the house look terrible, the owners have really let the outside of the home go. When we entered the rooms it was blistering hot and after getting up into the rooms everyone, including my two year old was sweating to death. Over the week the rooms never seemed to cool down because there cheap air conditioners spit out warm air. The room i slept in with my husband and two year old son had NO air conditioner in it, we sweat through the first couple nights and my son was extremely uncomfortable, however, the owners seemed to think sleeping in those conditions was appropriate. One night we made dinner at home, and when we were cleaning up we noticed the pipe underneath the sink had been broken the whole time we were there, and good thing we looked because the bin catching the water was beginning to overflow. So my husband and mother cleaned up what could have been a terrible mess and we alerted the owner. I would like to emphasize the condition of the pipe was like that before we got to the home, apparently there was a bolt that had broken in half, something that will occur when pluming is not updated over the years. When we returned home the owner emailed us to tell my mother that he was not returning the security deposit, claiming we hid the broken plumbing from him, and that if we had a problem we could take him to court. This is the worst treatment we have recieved from any home in Cape May, and my parents have been staying there for 28 years. Do NOT stay at this home, the condition is awful, they have not been keeping up with the home repairs or needs, it smells, they offer you nothing and steal your money to cover costs they cannot afford.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank natalie b
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Blessed by great weather for a long weekend, my sister and I enjoyed our stay. The two bedroom suite was clean, well ventilated (with AC if needed) and came with a convenient kitchen which was great for having breakfast and lunchy (and saving money). The location was right in the heart of things, less than a block from the beach and near all shops. It was a bit noisy at times due to garbage pick-up EARLY in the a.m. and some loud folks on the street. The place itself is beautiful. Our host was helpful and eager to provide recommendations of restaurants, etc.

• Stayed June 2010
NJ
Reviewed February 20, 2010

My family and out friends (both with teenagers) decided to stay at "The Prince Edward Inn", and our experience was awful! We saw two of the reviews were positive and one was negative, so we decided to give it a chance. As one of the reviews said "The owner was very rude and asked for the money up front upon our arrival" she did the same to us. I believe we got stuck in the same room as the people in the negative review. The owner said it was a colonial cellar however it was a basement. It smelled like must and all of our sheets were not clean. As i read in the other review they said to bring your own towels so we did. I had forgot to bring bathing towels so I asked the owner about them and her excuse was "We are going green and saving money because then we would have to buy a washing machine to wash them". I had to go out and buy towels! I would NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank rgitaly
Northern Nj
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We booked the Ocean Suite and had a wonderful time. What you get is a nice Victorian efficiency apartment (second floor,
outside stairs, private entrance) very close to the beach and
pedestrian shopping mall with a shared driveway to park your
car in (which is nearly impossible in Cape May.) The kitchen appliances, TV, and wireless internet worked fine.
The bed was comfortable. The water pressure in the shower
was a bit low for my liking (Victorian plumbing) but in general
everything was satisfactory. The closest experience would be
renting a beach house, you have your privacy if you want or can
go sit on the porch and meet the other guests. If you don't mind stairs and slightly antique plumbing you'll have a great time.

• Liked — Location, location, location, and driveway
  • Disliked — Stairs
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
new jersey
Reviewed March 29, 2008

I stayed at this Inn for a few days in the summer. I did not like it at all. When I first walked into my room it smelled of MUST. If you stay here bring your own TOWELS!!!! There are no towels in the bathrooms. We had to use our beach towles! Which were salty and sandy from the beach during the day. We were also informed upon our check- in that our suite had been a colonial sellar with rat infestation. If that isn't enough to scare you, on the first night i found a spider in my sheets!!! The owner was incredibly rude and unaccomodating. Upon our arrival the owner immediatly required that we pay for our whole stay up front in cash only. On our arrival home as we unpacked our clothes they still reaked of must. Everything had to be dry cleaned.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank NJtravelers004