“Great Trip, but Invest in Landscaping!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Buttonwood Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #36 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I will begin with the good. The innkeeper Penny was delightful, we met a great group of people, and the inside decor was both charming and clean. The living room area is colonial, refined, and you won't find a doilie (which I actually like). The room (The Loft) was also great - it is a big room, and kept very well. The breakfast was delightful, as well. Everything was actually quite good.

However, I would like to make a reccomendation to the owners of the Inn to invest in serious landscaping. The rock parking lot has grass growing through it, there are bags of soil placed everywhere outside, the grass is overgrown, and there are huge weeds EVERYWHERE! One of the highlights of this inn is the outside area, other inns don't have such a big and beautiful space. It would have been so nice to lay outside and read one day, but that was impossible, because the yard was almost scary. Maybe this isn't a big deal to some, but when my partner and I pulled up to the building we looked up other bed & breakfast places to go to, we were on the verge of leaving until we walked inside and realized it was very nice. Actually, the landscaping is the only thing that would keep me from coming back. Don't hide a gem behind all those weeds, do something about this.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caitlin Z

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Friends and I stayed at this Cape May B&B over the weekend. Our greeting by the inn keeper, Penny, was warm and welcoming. Our group of 10 took up most of the B&B and we were made to feel at home. Penny was attentive to our needs, presented a fabulous breakfast and afternoon spread and really went out of her way to make us comfortable. I highly recommend Buttonwood Manor. We are already planning our 2013 stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My boyfriend and I loved the Buttonwood Manor Bed and Breakfast so much we went back. Same wonderful service from a simply delightful innkeep. Joanna was a ray of sunshine every day and Erica's customer service is just exceptional. Again we met wonderful individuals and they happen to know a mutual friend of ours. Which led us into a interesting conversation and we just hit it off right away. Our weekend was so great we didn't even notice the so-so weather. Just that we were having a great time with great people and got some much needed R&R. I think we are going to start going twice a year now. Thinking about trying the Akwaaba Bed and Breakfast in Washington in the fall.

Room Tip: All the room are good in my opinion.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melody I
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The most relaxing and enchanted place ever. My boyfriend and I felt like we were visting an old friend we haven't seem in a long time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I absolutely adore Cape May.....so when i got there the first thing to do for me was obviously to find a decent hotel with a reasonable price.Luckily,i found what i was looking for...
And the service,housekeeping was excellent there too...My advice to ya'll whoever wants to experience all that its just the right place for you to relax in such a beautiful hot spot!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Princess262
Reviewed January 5, 2012

if you are looking for a nice and affordable place to relax during a vacation , that is the best place, very pleasant staff that will greet you all the time by name, feels like home.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sergiu C
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Lilia Russu gave me a tour & it was beautiful. She was very pleasant & helpful as well!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo