“Great overnight”
Review of Wilbraham Mansion

Wilbraham Mansion
Ranked #10 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We really enjoyed the hospitality and home-iness of Doug and Joanne, proprietors of this historical property.They truly cared about their guests and wanted us to feel at home. "Make yourself at home," said Doug, upon check-in. He told us to help ourselves to juices throughout the day in the refrigerator, or coffee and tea that was always out. There was afternoon tea time with fruit and veggies and pastry - quite a nice touch. And they both were helpful in mapping out locations we wanted to get to.

Because it was just one night we didn't splurge with the newer rooms with jacuzzis and king size beds. But on a return visit, we definitely will. Our room was small, as expected, during registration discussions with Joanne, who really took her time to tell me about each room. The bed in our room was very comfortable with great sheets and pillows but it was either a queen or full bed and we were used to a king bed - so was too small for us. No fault on the side of Doug or Joanne as they indicated bed size to us in our initial call. But for a small room, it certainly had a good use of space. The bathroom was extremely small - like one on a cruise ship, with no area to put your toiletries. Possibly a table or shelf outside of the bathroom would be helpful. The shower was a nice size, but the water pressure as in most shore establishments was light. If you're okay to use non-brand soaps and shampoo, then you'll be fine. But I brought my own and was glad. The neighborhood was great. The location of the B&B was terrific - quiet, free parking on the street, and a short walk to everything: beach, dining, and shopping areas. If you get a chance, we recommend that you walk on the beach to the Light House. Quite amazing. Breakfast was delightful and fully served as a sit-down, and the other guests were so nice and interesting to talk to.

Thank you Doug and Joanne for your hospitality! We will definitely return and recommend your place to others.

1  Thank gowest11

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend following our wedding as a mini honeymoon. We wanted to get away for the weekend, and I happened to stumble upon this gem! Such a quiet location but close to everything, Beach, shopping, food, etc. The indoor pool was an added bonus as well. We stayed in Suite 304 with the jacuzzi tub for two and the double headed shower. It was so relaxing and well worth the extra money! The staff was so pleasant and welcoming! Breakfast and tea time was delicious throughout our stay and we enjoyed conversing with the guests we sat with (they were all celebrating 30 + years of marriage! how ironic) Being that we were the youngest couple at the B&B (22 & 23), everyone made us feel right at home. This was our first experience at a B&B and we can't wait to come back to the Wilbraham Mansion!

Room Tip: Suite Rooms are worth the money!!
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Had our wedding in cape may this weekend. Have never been to a nicer BB! Owners were awesome! Our suite was just beautiful and had such a nice home feeling to it. Everyone including the guests were so incredibly nice(: We will def be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Lisa A
Reviewed June 19, 2014

The hotel was clean, staff was amazing, the shower was awesome, towels soft and sheets very soft! I do wish I had access to out music on TV but I had my iPad. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Choose the suite!
3  Thank Tara N
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We recently stayed at this B&B while doing so we agreed that the staff is the best we have encountered!! Friendly, gracious. I wish I could say the same about the owner. There is a man there that belittles his employees! Yelling at the staff is just ignorant, the only reason why we would return is to encounter such pleasant workers!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Capemayfam1
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a lovely stay here for our anniversary in one of the suites. The staff was very friendly and kind, the food was delicious, and the room was very pleasant to stay in. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Kiel B
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My husband and I returned to Wilbraham this year to have a lovely place to stay before the Cape May Strawberry Festival. And it was as lovely as we expected. The location is super terrific, and the property is quite nice and well-maintained. We stayed in a newly renovated room in the old house, and it was a comfortable and sweet as are the newer units in the back. We still prefer the newer units at back because they are bigger and, well -- newer! And there is an elevator in the back. My husband is 81 years old, and he really likes that elevator! Our most important wish for improvement is that the main floor of the old house could be updated. Certainly, we would not want to lose the charm of the original Victorian structure and furnishings, but there is a mustiness on that floor that threatens my asthma. I would love to be free from that so we could wholly enjoy every moment in every spot on the property. Doug and Joanne, thank you for an overall wonderful stay this past weekend. You are awesome proprietors!
Donna B.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the new building