“One of the best weekend get-away...”
Review of Wilbraham Mansion

Wilbraham Mansion
Ranked #10 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you are looking for a good bed and breakfast hotel, I will not hesitate to recommend Wilbraham Mansion. They serve very good breakfast and tea time in the afternoon All of the staff were very accomodating and warm which made me feel I'm home. It's just 10 minutes away from the Catholic church and Washington shopping street and the beach!!! To Doug and Joanne, and to all your staff, keep up the good works! Thanks for all your help and you did made my stay a very relaxing one!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I recently stayed at the Wilbraham Mansion the last weekend in July with my boyfriend and my best friend and her boyfriend. We are young couples 25-30 and we had a great stay here. For several of us it was our first time to Cape May and we found it to be everything we were looking for and the same goes for the Inn.

We requested the earliest check-in time which was 1pm but when we arrived at 10am my boyfriend thought there was no harm in asking for an earlier check-in time; and alas he was correct! They gladly gave us our keys and showed us around. That was extremely welcoming and something you don't always find.

The breakfast each morning was thoroughly enjoyable. There was certainly enough delicious food and the way we all sat at a table together made me feel as if everyone in the house was part of a big family. Afternoon tea also brought about some great treats. One day there were delicious homemade cookies, fresh from the oven. Another day we filled ourselves up with brownies and iced lattes.

Doug is a generous man who definitely made the experience. He lent us bottle openers for our many bottles of wine, glasses and never even batted an eye when we lingered by the indoor pool until late hours of the night. I felt like I was staying at a friend's house! To top it all off, on our last day we really wanted to stay until late Sunday night to soak up the full day but check-out was in the am. After speaking with Doug we felt much better. He told us even after check-out to feel free to continue to use the pool, the outdoor shower, and the changing room. All 4 of us agreed that that alone warranted a second stay at Wilbraham. I can't wait to book my next trip here! We truly had an enjoyable experience and if you do go be sure to catch the sunset at Sunset beach oh and definitely stop by Hot Dog Tommy's!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We loved our stay at the Wilbraham. We stayed in the front, room 2 and even though it didn't have central air, the window air conditioner was fine. The room was charming and comfortable and the bed was heavenly. I really enjoyed the indoor pool, used it early morning and late at night, so nice I wanted to come home and convert the garage to an indoor pool! The breakfasts were the best imaginable, excellent food and beautiful table and settings, the girls were sweet and pleasant, all from different countries fun to learn about. Our husbands were up early and had great conversations with the owner, great stories. We can't wait to return next summer!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank fiftyfkgfive
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We loved the Wilbraham! We went for a romantic weekend and stayed in one of the new suites with a two person jacuzzi tub ( yes it really was for two, it was like a mini swimming pool!)The room was beautiful, immaculate and very comfortable. We liked that it had the look and feel of Victorian style ( like many cape may b&bs) but it was thoroughly modern with in room controlled a/c, modern bathroom, flat screen tv, DVD player etc. Its a short walk from the beach and away from the main "hustle and bustle" of cape may. This section of cape may attracts a more artsy crowd, sort of like the Greenwich village of cape may. The breakfast was ok. Fresh fruit, eggs and either pancakes or French toast with breakfast meat. I am a vegetarian and Doug, the innkeeper, went out of his way to accommodate me. He and his staffed made sure I ws served exactly what I wanted and not served what I didn't want. Truly excellent and caring service. I would have liked to have eaten breakfast at the organic coffee shop down the block, but felt compelled to eat at the inn since it was included in price. We will definitely return to theWilbrham in the future

Room Tip: The suites are awesome and well worth the price.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Wow. This was amazing the owners were so friendly and went out of their way to make our stay as pleasurable as possible. We had an great breakfast, with an beautiful room. I've never been treated so well or had such a great stay somewhere as I had here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Wilbraham Mansion suites are great...a little new adjacent to the old original inn. I really enjoyed the property and the indoor pool.
I don't usually care for extreme intimacy with B&B owners, so this suited us fine. That said, it would be nice if the owner was just slightly more sociable. At times, when you see her, you get the feeling that this is really her work (which it is), but it somehow seems that she should enjoy being an innkeeper more, or maybe do something else instead. That didn't make or break my stay there though.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This B&B is in a nice old house. Cape May is quite small, so you are a 10 minute walk to basically everything.

Service was friendly. Breakfast was good – eggs and French toast one day, quiche and waffle another, and juice, muffins, etc. You sit at a communal dining table, and eat and mingle with other guests.
They also have afternoon tea and coffee available, as well as dessert in the early evening – cookies or cake.

We saw the rooms in the new wing, nicely decorated and very nice. However, we stayed in the main house, in the small (smallest?) room, the cheapest they had available. Room 3 was very small, but the bathroom was actually an okay size and the shower was nice. The biggest problem with this room was that it only had one window, which had an air conditioner in it, which meant there was no way to open the window to get some fresh air. These drawbacks prevent me from giving it 5 stars.

The best part of this place was the indoor heated pool. While it is small, I was expecting it be much smaller for a indoor pool. And it is great since we were there in June when it was windy and not too hot, so even though we didn’t go into the ocean we were still able to go swimming. Great bonus!

Parking is available on street or in their private lot.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple