“Fantastic romantic getaway with an indoor pool!!”
Review of Wilbraham Mansion

Wilbraham Mansion
Ranked #10 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We loved the Wilbraham! We went for a romantic weekend and stayed in one of the new suites with a two person jacuzzi tub ( yes it really was for two, it was like a mini swimming pool!)The room was beautiful, immaculate and very comfortable. We liked that it had the look and feel of Victorian style ( like many cape may b&bs) but it was thoroughly modern with in room controlled a/c, modern bathroom, flat screen tv, DVD player etc. Its a short walk from the beach and away from the main "hustle and bustle" of cape may. This section of cape may attracts a more artsy crowd, sort of like the Greenwich village of cape may. The breakfast was ok. Fresh fruit, eggs and either pancakes or French toast with breakfast meat. I am a vegetarian and Doug, the innkeeper, went out of his way to accommodate me. He and his staffed made sure I ws served exactly what I wanted and not served what I didn't want. Truly excellent and caring service. I would have liked to have eaten breakfast at the organic coffee shop down the block, but felt compelled to eat at the inn since it was included in price. We will definitely return to theWilbrham in the future

Room Tip: The suites are awesome and well worth the price.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Wow. This was amazing the owners were so friendly and went out of their way to make our stay as pleasurable as possible. We had an great breakfast, with an beautiful room. I've never been treated so well or had such a great stay somewhere as I had here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Wilbraham Mansion suites are great...a little new adjacent to the old original inn. I really enjoyed the property and the indoor pool.
I don't usually care for extreme intimacy with B&B owners, so this suited us fine. That said, it would be nice if the owner was just slightly more sociable. At times, when you see her, you get the feeling that this is really her work (which it is), but it somehow seems that she should enjoy being an innkeeper more, or maybe do something else instead. That didn't make or break my stay there though.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This B&B is in a nice old house. Cape May is quite small, so you are a 10 minute walk to basically everything.

Service was friendly. Breakfast was good – eggs and French toast one day, quiche and waffle another, and juice, muffins, etc. You sit at a communal dining table, and eat and mingle with other guests.
They also have afternoon tea and coffee available, as well as dessert in the early evening – cookies or cake.

We saw the rooms in the new wing, nicely decorated and very nice. However, we stayed in the main house, in the small (smallest?) room, the cheapest they had available. Room 3 was very small, but the bathroom was actually an okay size and the shower was nice. The biggest problem with this room was that it only had one window, which had an air conditioner in it, which meant there was no way to open the window to get some fresh air. These drawbacks prevent me from giving it 5 stars.

The best part of this place was the indoor heated pool. While it is small, I was expecting it be much smaller for a indoor pool. And it is great since we were there in June when it was windy and not too hot, so even though we didn’t go into the ocean we were still able to go swimming. Great bonus!

Parking is available on street or in their private lot.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband, who was my boyfriend at the time, took me on a romantic getaway to Cape May, NJ a few years ago. We stayed at the Wilbraham Mansion because it had an indoor pool. It was such a treat, so relaxing. Our room was beautiful, so were the others we got a peek at. The breakfast each morning was amazing, never had such delicious french toast, and they even gave us the recipe. So much to see and do in the area, and the owners were so helpful to give us ideas for dining. We got engaged at The Lobster House, a wonderful place as well. Hoping to get back again for a romantic weekend sometime soon to Cape May and the Mansion.

Room Tip: Each room has it's own charm.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rhonda L
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This was our first time to the Wilbraham Mansion, and it was a wonderful experience. Very casual and relaxing describes the feeling we got while staying there. Our room was spacious and comfortable, the breakfast was excellent, the staff were helpful and the Wilbraham is convenient to the mall. A top rate Band B in Cape May!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack K
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Joanne and Doug run a wonderful establishment. This was our second trip to Cape May and to The WM. It is conveniently located to the beach and to the mall. They have a large indoor heated swimming pool which is great for when the weather is not cooperating. The rooms are clean and ample. Perfect for a cozy and romantic getaway. Doug made some great restaurant recommendations and maps everything out for you. The breakfast and afternoon treats are to die for. Everything has a home made feel to it. I would strongly recommend visiting The WM!! You will not regret it. I only hope that my boyfriend and I are able to make this a tradition. I fell in love all over again thanks to our experience.

• Stayed: May 2012