We travel to Cape May every year and decided to stay somewhere different this year. After looking at the Cape May web site, we decided on the Marquis De Lafayette Hotel. About a week before my stay we came across the negative reviews about the hotel and I was leary, to say the least. First off, location is amazing. Walking distance from restaurants and shops. We arrived four hours early and was able to get into our room right away. After looking at our room, which was lovely, we decided to upgrade to the 6th floor suite. The front desk clerk was very nice and had was extremely helpful by showing us the other room and then changing our room. NO problems. The room had great beds, two large flat screens, nice kitchenette, and hardwood floors. View was amazing, we sat on the rockers and watched the ocean/dolphins and relaxed. The breakfast was delicous and at no cost to guests. Waitresses were always there to get you a refill or take your plate. With a breakfast like that there was no need for lunch. We are already planning to go back at Xmas time for some shopping. Hotel is pricey, but first time guests get 20% off and return guests get 25% off. You also get reimbursed for your beach tags. Pool is kinda small and with kids swimming and jumping, I really couldnt enjoy it. Tiki bar got a little roudy at times, but I guess that means people were having a good time. I'm not sure why some other people gave this hotel bad reviews and like I said I was leary, but dont beleive everything you read, try it yourself!!! **** (four stars)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis de Lafayette is a premier hotel centrally located in America's original sea side resort. Our property is directly across the street from Cape May's amazing beach and within walking distance to Cape May's famous Washington Street Mall. Breakfast is served every morning in our restaurant 501 Beach, lunch & cocktails served daily at our poolside Barefoot Bar (in season), 1 Parking permit is provided for each room reserved. We are the pet friendliest hotel in Cape May with 17 Pet Friendly rooms! Reservations including pets may only be reserved directly through the hotel (NOT ONLINE) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marquis De Lafayette Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marquis De Lafayette Cape May
- Hotel Marquis De Lafayette