Wow! Just got off the phone trying to speak to a manager to request a guaranteed floor in return for a suite at top dollar three weeks from now at $329 a night, first with Sue (the rude, incompetent booking agent who when I said I was told told two days ago that only Louise the manager can guarantee a floor, to call her Wednesday when she's in, told me brusquely, "She's not in and there' s nothng I can do for you, hold on." After being on hold for 5 minutes I called back and Blair,. the supposed owner/manager whose people skills were even worse then the staff he can't train to be courteous, sounding perturbed he had to answer at all, (That's what happens when you understaff, overwork and probably underpay), proceeded to do business on a speaker phone. He seemed to think it was okay to do confidential financial business that way and was annoyed I asked him to pick up the phone. And lovely overworked Sue just couldnt handle the effort it takes to ask someone if they can hold in any courteous manner because poor dear actually had to do her job and help take reservations.
The lady who wrote before is indeed correct. Don't be fooled by their protests about customers complaining here. I mentioned my concerns about the horrible review I read here from last month and the lack of any kind of contrition in their response. They wrote her off , "Well ya' just can't make everyone happy, ya ready to pay in full now?" I am a well travelled busy professional and don't ever take time to write feedback even when it's a bad experience; most folks own up to mistakes, inadequate service, take some professional responsibilty and try to please/keep their customers. I know it's just a small beach hotel. I really don't expect the Hilton standards but, Wow! Fellow Cape May Lovers, Beware!!. They are clearly desperate for revenue ( Any reputable hotel charges your card upon check out and gives a reasonable cancelation policy). Their reasoning not to do this; $329 a night is a "special coupon offer" with no advance or competitive cancelation policies. I was afraid to ask what the "non couponed" "overpriced" close to $500 a night charge, for the same suite, cancelation policy would be (Or clearly wouldn't have been.) If they weren't so seedily transparent and bombasticly righteous, it would be laughable. Run, Will Robinson, Run! See you all at a "real hotel" somewhere in beautiful and "mostly friendly" Cape May in August. :)))
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis de Lafayette is a premier hotel centrally located in America's original sea side resort. Our property is directly across the street from Cape May's amazing beach and within walking distance to Cape May's famous Washington Street Mall. Breakfast is served every morning in our restaurant 501 Beach, lunch & cocktails served daily at our poolside Barefoot Bar (in season), 1 Parking permit is provided for each room reserved. We are the pet friendliest hotel in Cape May with 17 Pet Friendly rooms! Reservations including pets may only be reserved directly through the hotel (NOT ONLINE) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Marquis De Lafayette Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marquis De Lafayette Cape May
- Hotel Marquis De Lafayette