Great Location across from the beach & with nice balconies & rockers. The hotel lobby is kind of cool in that it's old-fashioned & calming. Serviceable room on second floor ("Victorian" with 2 double beds that are ok, but not great). Love the new wicker-styled furniture, but the bed sheets seemed old. Bathroom is small but has nice shampoos & soaps. Did NOT like that a woman was selling jewelry in the lobby as we walked in, even though she was very nice & had nice wares. Did NOT want to eat in the restaurant even though we were given coupons because it just didn't look very appealing. Did NOT like the noisy air conditioner? that runs constantly outside all the rooms ~ would rather hear the ocean waves while visiting the shore (especially off-season). We booked on-line through the hotel website using the "Manager's Special" of $130. but with taxes it cost about $148. Guess it was ok for one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis de Lafayette is a premier hotel centrally located in America's original sea side resort. Our property is directly across the street from Cape May's amazing beach and within walking distance to Cape May's famous Washington Street Mall. Breakfast is served every morning in our restaurant 501 Beach, lunch & cocktails served daily at our poolside Barefoot Bar (in season), 1 Parking permit is provided for each room reserved. We are the pet friendliest hotel in Cape May with 17 Pet Friendly rooms! Reservations including pets may only be reserved directly through the hotel (NOT ONLINE) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marquis De Lafayette Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marquis De Lafayette Cape May
- Hotel Marquis De Lafayette