“GREAT vacation”
Review of Blue Fish Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Blue Fish Inn
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
“GREAT vacation”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My family and I went down to cape may for my grandparents 50th anniversary. We even took our dog, and it was one of the best vacations (but this would not have been possible without the blue fish inn)! Everyone was very friendly and accommodating to all of our needs. I've never been treated with such hospitality from a hotel/motel before. SO clean, so family oriented. It's hard to even put into words how great the experience was because it's not one you come across often. Franco and Lena are just awesome!!!!! Thanks so much for everything! We will definitely be back and will spread the word of what a great experience we had!!!!!!!

-The Reggetto's

3 Thank Marina R
FrancoLena, Owner at Blue Fish Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
The Blue Fish Inn is so fortunate to have such wonderful guests spend there hard earned leisure time with us. We welcome all reviews and especially appreciate the heart felt words. Your allways welcome at The Blue Fish Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Pros:

-Check-in was easy, painless and quick. Lena and Franco were both there to greet us, friendly and fun. We were even allowed to go into our rooms a bit earlier than check-in time because the room was already prepared for our arrival. THAT was sweet since we had two young sons in tow. The staff was also very obliging and informative, helpful 'til the end!

-The rooms are narrow and on the small side, but they're nice. Sure, it's not The Ritz or The Four Seasons, but they were nice for a short, still comfortable stay. The rooms were also well-cleaned. I didn't feel like it was a room in which hundreds of people had lived in before...if that makes sense. It was also modern enough in appearance to not look like a no-tell, motel from the '70s. I loved the colorful paint and comforters.

-The beds were SOOOOOO comfy! We all slept like logs (not one was sawed on this trip).

-There were plenty of towels. This is always wonderful! There were even bins of clean towels (and a place to deposit soiled towels) in the outdoor showers and the pool area. SCORE!

-Outdoor showers. I love them. This one was great because it had plenty of place to change and bathe and get dressed again. Nice! You guys thought of everything!

-Indoor showers: soap, shampoo and conditioner dispensers are in them (outdoor one, too!). You guys are brilliant. This was a major plus.

-The pool was the right size. It was perfect. There were extra towels right there. There were plenty of seats. It was private enough so that you didn't feel like you were in a fishbowl.

-Every guest here was friendly. It was so refreshing to walk out and have people say "hi" and all those smiling faces had to be a direction result of the positive accommodations they, too, were experiencing.

-Continental Breakfast: such a convenient thing to have. Those Pizzelles that Franco's mom made...oh, man....I felt like I was in Abruzzo. Thank you!

-The beach is not far at all. You can walk. This will save your car interior from being destroyed (trust me! We know! We usually go to Chincoteague for a whole week each summer and have to drive to-and-from the beach each day and it gets filled with sand...ugh). Here, you can take a short walk to the beach (a great beach, too, mind you!). Your car will be happy.

-Beach chairs are already there on the beach when you get there. Again, Franco and Lena seriously thought about what would make things easy and comfortable for their guests. That was a recurring theme at Blue Fish Inn.

Cons (and I'm really reaching here, guys):

-Parking is a little snug/awkward, but there's plenty of street-sized parking if you're a lousy parker (like myself). Not a big enough deterrent for me. This may just be a "me" issue, too.

-You can sometimes hear the dogs barking in the other rooms. HOWEVER, our roommates' dogs quieted down for sleeping hours and they were not a disturbance in the slightest. I just know that some people who don't like dogs may want to steer clear...or if you don't like barking...or whatever. Again, not a big enough deterrent to keep me from going back.

Room Tip: If you're not a dog fan, ask to be away from the doggy-permitting rooms.
3 Thank BeccaPolard
FrancoLena, Owner at Blue Fish Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Deeply humbled by such a gracious review. My staff works so hard to make all who settle for the night at The Blue Fish Inn Happy and comfortable. Your detail review helps so many others who depend on our past guests to share their experiences. Once again Thank you and You always have a friend at The Blue Fish Inn.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I booked this hotel for the peak period in aug 2014. Due to a medical reason i had to cancel 1 week prior to traveling. Now their policy says that if you cancel less than 2 weeks prior you dont get a refund. So i called them to try and see if they would go outside their policy boundaries not expecting them to budge. Lady on the phone was so nice.....she was extremely understanding and went ahead and agreed to canceling less a minor $50 cancel fee...i am a marketing professional and it is rare to see customer service excellence like this. No wonder blue fish inn is #1 on trip advisor...anyone visiting cape may your first choice has to be blue fish inn....only if you dont find a room here should you look elsewhere...I give them 5 stars for a great customer experience and that is all that counts.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 1969lovetotravel1969
FrancoLena, Owner at Blue Fish Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for your review. The Blue Fish Inn prides itself on customer service weather its a guest staying at our Motel or someone on the phone enquiring about The Blue Fish Inn. .We are committed to making every person who comes in contact with my staff and myself feel like their concerns will be addressed.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The Blue Fish Inn is nothing special accommodation wise. It seems to be a bit older. However, it is very clean and comfortable and the owners are very customer service oriented and friendly. Continental breakfast is a nice touch. Pool is well kept and clean and enjoyable. Bathroom could use a bit of updating. Toilet is very low (difficult for an older person or a tall person or handicapped) and a towel rack would be a good addition. Perhaps instead of the mirror on the back of the door positioned in front of the toilet. Some mold growing inside the shower knob. Advise removing them occasionally for cleaning.Mattresses could use replacement. One mattress was very firm and the other kind of soft.

1 Thank Jopalis
FrancoLena, Owner at Blue Fish Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
We at The Blue Fish Inn thank you for kind words about our service and also appreciate your concerns expressed . Your suggestions have been very helpful. We are an older facility and always strive to make improvements to better accommodate our guests .
Tremont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I am currently here with my family which includes: wife, two boys 4&8, and our new 8 week old female puppy. They have the cleanest place, friendly staff, a grill area to have cook outs with a countertop and sink, they have flower boxes, well maintained, great folks who come yearly and it's hard to describe how warm the rapport with there staff and with Lena and Franco until you have been here to experience this place! Our youngest son enjoys his birthday here with the Blue Fish Inn! Hard to believe he will be 5 so imagine how much fun kids have here too!

FrancoLena, Owner at Blue Fish Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
To our friends who are presently vacationing with us at The Blue Fish Inn, we welcome you!!! You and your family are what makes owning The Blue Fish Inn so rewarding.Thank you for such a warming review and we hope that our friendship will continue for years to come.
Pottstown. Pa
Reviewed July 23, 2014

A road trip with our kids and small dog was on our summer bucket list. We did a little leg work and found out that Cape May had many dog friendly hotels. We ended up at the Blue Fish Inn and we could not have had a better experience. The hotel provides you with a comfortable room, WIFI, a continental breakfast, pool, do it yourself on site laundry, a back yard bbq, and a little pet area for the dog to do its business. We had room number 12 (dog friendly) which had two beds and a kitchenette. It was not large, but worked out nicely for us. I was concerned that the room was going to smell pet friendly. I was so happy to find that it was clean and fresh. It is obvious that the owners are enjoying what they are doing. Thank you to Lena and Franco for such great customer service. We will be back.

Room Tip: Room #12 was pet friendly.
4 Thank Lisa G
FrancoLena, Owner at Blue Fish Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you so much!! Please know that your kind words bring smiles and joy to my staff and I .We will continue our best to always provide service that brings joy and happiness to our guests
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed July 17, 2014

First of all, Leana and Frank were awesome and very friendly. From making my reservation at 3 am, and leana telling me its not a beach front hotel, no fancy spa or restaurants, but its what we were looking for. On the plus side, you are not charged for parking or internet wifi, where I noticed the chain hotels can nickle and dime (or dollar and dollar you). We had the advantage for this review in that I booked 4 rooms for our family.
Room 2-Nice 2 beds with a kichenette, beds a little smaller for couples, but couples could fit,
Room 6- Just like with room 2, full kitchenette with a big refrigerator and stove if you want to cook
Room 8- I Stayed there, my 2 year old and I stayed in the bedroom, and I allowed my nephews to stay in the living room, it is called a 1 bedroom suite, it is suppose to be a pet friendly room, and I did not even smell or know that any pets were ever in the room, it had 2 separate TV's with Cable, 2 separate AC units, small refrigerator, it's in the corner, so dark if you want to sleep in, but I also had the worst wi-fi service, with the AC on I was not able to hear the other kids in the other room
Room 11, 2 big beds, but only a mini refrigerator, so best if you have 2 adult couples who like to eat out more than stay in the hotel
Very clean stay, they swept all the sand from the floors and made it look like a new room each time.
Breakfast-in the summer was continental (yogurt, some fruit, coffee, juice, muffins,milk)
Service- was why I probably gave this one of my best Tripadvisor review, they were always very nice to show us where to eat, where to go to the beach (by the way, you get 2 free beach chairs and an umbrella with your stay atleast a 30 dollar value, and you do not need to lug around, it's about a 10 min walk to beach but 15 min to where you get the free chairs, so we drove their and parked 2 streets away from the beach for free)
back to service, even when my 2 year old son accidentally vomited in the pool, they had to close it to clean it up and apply chemicals, they were super nice, asking if my son was ok,
and on the last day, I had to leave early to catch a plane, they packed some food and drinks for us, for the 2 hour ride to philly airport,
locations-10-15 min to beach, main area for restaurants and outdoor area, didn't see many taxis, but the carriage ride was good, spirit of cape may boat ride was nice also, son liked the train exhibit, zoo was nice, but a little far, boardwalk at wildwood was a nice distraction with rides and stuff to do about 20 min drive.
Back to the hotel, there is a grill you can cook , pool that is not too large but adequate, parking lot may be a little problem for really huge cars, there is a park next to the hotel with a good sized playground, and a tennis center with clay courts I think is 10 dollars and they can pair you up with people, also cape may is very safe
laundry machine, clothes line to dry wet clothes are also available in back.
would stay here again for sure, thanks guys for a wonderful family trip

Room Tip: look at my review for 4 of the room types
5 Thank bruinbear23
FrancoLena, Owner at Blue Fish Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for such an informed review .We at The Blue fish Inn know that your comments will greatly assist others when deciding on future accommadations for themselves and family.