Carroll Villa Hotel
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$280
$239
Avondale by the Sea(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$350
Heritage Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$260
Angel of the Sea(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$349
Capri Motor Lodge(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$275
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
$338
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)
$499
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$360
Elaine's Bed & Breakfast Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$290
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$529
TripAdvisor
1,317 results
All reviewsmad batter restaurantmad hatterbreakfast or lunchgreat happy hourliving socialjackson streettrolley tourattached restaurantmy husband and ihalf blockhotel guestsget awaythe room was niceoff seasonmid weekbed and breakfastno elevator
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Carroll Villa Hotel in Cape May, NJ is one of the finest hotels in the town. Has the bed and breakfast charm. Staff is incredible, price is right, rooms are clean and the decor fantastic. Keep in mind the rooms are not sound proof but everyone seems to respect others. Oonly 2 blocks from great food and drink and the shopping on Washington St. Mall is only a block and 1/2 away.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are small so if you are booking and need more room then be sure to check out there website. All room are pictured. Prices can vary on the size of the room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel was quaint and the bed was very comfortable. Had a great experience. Loved eating at the Mad Batter. The food was wonderful. Everything is close and within walking distance. Took a trolley ride and saw all of the Christmas Lights. Very nice place to visit in the Christmas Season. A very nice vacation. We had a great time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We purchased a Travelzoo voucher and upgraded to a king-sized room. Very warm reception and quick check in. Staff very helpful and friendly. Room was sunny and bright, overlooking the street. Room looked a bit worn, needed to be freshened up. The attached restaurant, the Mad Batter, serves a delicious breakfast and dinner. Although this B&B could use a bit of freshening up, I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We used a Travelzoo voucher to stay here that included a trolley tour, tastings at 2 wineries, free breakfast, and a bottle of wine that I didn't know was ours?! (Darn, we didn't take it. :( Should've asked.... we thought it might be one of those things where if you drink it you pay for it... That just makes me mad.) In any case, we had to pay extra for our room because there were none of the deal rooms available when we stayed. We were on the 3rd floor up 2 steep staircases, luckily we only had an overnight bag so the exercise was good for us. The room was nice - we had a bedroom and a sitting room. The bed was a bit too hard and the heater in the bedroom didn't work well - couldn't get it to heat at first, then we couldn't get it to stop heating! The bathroom was fine but the shower stall was TINY and the door to the bathroom was hard to keep closed... For one night, the accomodations were just fine. The Mad Batter's dinner and breakast were good, not great, but good. If I were to return, I'm not sure that I would go to either the Villa or the Mad Batter again....
We paid a little extra to take the Holiday Trolley tour to see the lights as we visited Nov. 25-26 but it was a bit disappointing as there weren't as many homes decorated yet as there are a week later into the season... I'd definitely like to visit Cape May again, perhaps bring the kids. There's plenty to do even in the off season, however, many of the stores are not open but there is a good sampling that is open.
One note - in many of my searches on Cape May B&B's, I was glad to see that the Carroll Villa did not come up once having ghosts. This was very important to me.... I do NOT want to see/feel/encounter any ghosts... but that's just my quirk....

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband & I have been going to Cape May for our anniversary for 10 years. This was our first time staying at Carroll Villa. We did have a great weekend! The weather was terrific! The Mad Batter is excellent for breakfast and dinner! But our room was disappointing. It was tired and old; definitely in need of refurbishing. I knew it would be small, but was surprised that the ceiling was peeling and marked up, carpet was extremely worn and bathroom was rusty. The room and bathroom were clean, just not as nice as we're used to.
My biggest problem with the Caroll Villa and my motiviation for writing this review.....our reservations were for Nov 9-11. Just after Hurricane Sandy. My husband and I live in northwest NJ and our area was without power for almost 2 weeks. The children missed 2 weeks of school. There had hours long gas lines and then odd-even days at gas stations. As recovery from the storm dragged on, my husband & I realized we felt unsettled having our anniversary weekend in the midst of all the turmoil.
We called and spoke to the magager, Kathy, at Carroll Villa. The hotel's cancellation policy is 10 days advanced notice for a refund. We called 9 days in advance of our scheduled trip. Kathy was incredibly unsympathetic and inconsiderate. We explained that we had several issues that might prevent us from keeping our reservation. All due to Hurricane Sandy. We had problems getting gas, our babysitting situation was up in the air because the kids were supposed to be off from school but now looked like they might be in school, we didn't want to leave our home and kids if the power was still out.
Kathy's initial reaction was cold and matter of fact. She said the hotel strictly follows their cancellation policy and it wouldn't be possible to refund our deposit. We asked to speak to the owner. If a refund wasn't possible we asked for a credit to use for a future stay. Several phone calls later......we did not speak to the owner and Kathy became harsh and rude. She said to my husband that no one else is trying to cancel. The Cape May area was fine and had no damage from the storm so we don't need to cancel. And finally, she grew impatient with talking to my husband, who was shocked at the conversation he was having, she said my husband was creating the problem! She said they are running a business and we have 'two choices. To keep our reservation or stay home and lose our money.' They did offer us a credit, but we would have had to use it by February! Not reasonable in our opinion!!
We worked everything out at home and went to Cape May for the weekend; not sure what kind of reception we'd get when we checked in. We didn't meet Kathy. And the gentleman at the desk was very nice. But that wasn't the way we should have had to celebrate our anniversary. What a poor example of how to treat people in a time of crisis! For this reason alone, I would never stay there again or recommend it to anyone else. Even if the room was gorgeous, I would not give Carroll Villa our business again.

4  Thank mitchcacc