“Our stay at the Carroll Villa Hotel”

Carroll Villa Hotel
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this location the weekend of 22 Sept.. Our stay was outstanding. The front service desk personnel were very personable and a pleasure to speak with. The restuarant food at the Mad Batter was outstanding. Best pancakes I've ever had. The bar personnel were also very personable. The room was small but perfect for just my wife and I. Mr. Mark (the owner) made my day. I spoke with him for about 10 minutes regarding New Yoirk sports team. At the end of the conversation Mr. Mark told me he was going to come back later in the day and bring me an autographed picture of Phil Rizzuto (x NY Yankees Shortstop) who he had been friends with for a long time. Upon my return back to the hotel later that night, I went to the front desk and there was the picure waiting for me. The picture is now hanging in my "Man Cave" with the rest of my Yankee memorabilia. I cannot thank him enough for his generosity. He also provided us free drink chips for my wife 50th birthday.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had a great time and everyone at the Carroll Villa was extremly friendly and helpful. The breakfast selection was extensive and delicious. And the B & B is right in the center of all that is happeneing in downtown Cape May.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Recieved a great deal with another website! THe staff were courteous! The Mad Batter was awesome! It was right in the heart of the town with walking distance to shops! I can't wait to go back and enjoy another night stay there!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 4! It was the king size bed and a corner room so it had lots of windows!
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Carroll Villa is always a great stay - we've been there 3 or 4 times now, I can't remember. The rooms are always well kept, and the breakfast is wonderful at the Mad Batter. We just had our first baby about four months ago and were sad other bed and breakfasts don't take children. Well the Carroll Villa does!

If you're staying at the Carroll Villa they'll give you a discount voucher for dinner. For lunch I would highly recommend the crab cake sandwich! It's the best crab cake sandwich I've ever had-and I've driven down to Cape May (1 hour 45 mins) just to eat lunch at the Mad Batter and get a crab cake sandwich. Call me crazy, but it's delicious.

Room Tip: Although the Annex is pretty much in the back and up some narrow stairs, it's quieter back there...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

great deal thru another web site. received a delicous brkfast, champagne and trolley tour which we enjoyed. pain that the parking was a distance away and the room was really small but great that the beach and shopping were close and convenient. noise from other guests dashed away any hope of sleep and a vaccuum running at 8 am was not welcomed either. think we will stick to hotels with a quieter environment.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Carroll Villa is a charming place with a very friendly staff. We chose it and were very glad we did for our getaway to Cape May. Parking a problem in Cape May but they provided a place within walking distance. Just a short walk to the beach. The Mad Batter restaurant is excellent with great food. Overall, very nice time.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I just had a nice trip to Cape May and stayed in this property. The only piece of advice I would give is to request a room that does NOT face Jackson street. It gets fairly noisy late and early with deliveries, sanitation pickup, etc. While dated, the property is clean and the food at the restaurant was very good.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of property are quieter.