“Wonderful!”

Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
phoenixville, pa
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I would absolutely recommend staying at the Madison for your next trip to Cape May. The enjoyment started at pulling into the parking lot, to a beautiful mermaid fountain. They have a hot tub and pool, and an outdoor grilling area with tables under umbrellas…all perfectly clean. The office staff is helpful and very friendly. The room could not have been any cleaner and the bathrooms were extremely nice! Perfect place to stay!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Philadelphia
Reviewed July 15, 2009

The rooms are a nice size and very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. Other great things about the Madison are the big pool, the short trip to the beach and town, charcoal and gas grills, and beach chairs! Had an excellent time!

Pottstown
Reviewed July 8, 2009

The Madison Avenue Beech Club Motel is a clean, friendly, convenient place. Whether we went to the beach or lounged by the pool, we felt at home and very, very comfortable. We have already booked our week for next year, and are recommending to all our friends in PA and NJ to do so.

Belleville
Reviewed June 28, 2009

The office attendant was very courteous and showed us to our room. I stayed with my husband and 9 yr old daughter. The room was immaculate, bedspreads and towels were very clean and spotless. I would rate the bathroom 10 out of 10 for space and cleanliness. The kitchenette had everything, microwave, coffee maker and small refrigerator, all very clean. There were a flat screen tv and wireless internet access. The room had a clean smell. As for the pool, there is work to be done. The hot tub desperately needs to be clean. The tiles around the pool and hot tub needs to be cleaned or replaced. Parking was barely sufficient.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Madison605, Manager at Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel, responded to this review, July 10, 2009
First, Thank you for your lovely compliments. We just wanted to explain that the spa was not dirty but unfortunately it has a suffered a discoloration due to a chemical imbalance .. We are rectifying the situation by having it re-painted. We apologize for any misuderstanding. We take pride in the Madison Avenue Beach Club.
southeastern PA
Reviewed June 17, 2009

This hotel was very, very clean and well taken care of. The staff was extremely helpful and personable and were willing to answer any questions you had. The room itself had alot of space so you don't feel crammed. There was a futon, extra pillows, plenty of drawer space, flat screen tv, a kitchenette and a roomy bathroom. You even get your own porch area outside with two chairs and a table. It had a beautiful, well maintained pool and hot tub. It's located in a nice quiet area of Cape May with very easy access to the beach, the main road and restaurants. There was also plenty of parking. I can't say that there was anything I didn't like about this hotel. I will definitely go back for another stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chilledoutchick9
New Jersey
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I have summered in Cape May since I was a kid and I had always stayed at the Atlas Inn which is right on the beach and has breakfast included with the price of the room. This year my fiancee and I decided to try a different place on our very last minute Memorial Day Weekend getaway. I was referred to the Madison Ave Beach Club when I called the Jetty Motel to make a reservation but they were at capacity. So I did a quick search on Trip Advisor and the hotel's website and was impressed. The thing that pushed my decision was they have a fully stocked kitchenette that includes wine glasses! No need to carry mine and risk breaking them! So I made the decision to forgo my ocean view and I am so glad that I did.
Pros: 1) Newly renovated and in pristine condition; 2) Marble counter tops in bathroom and kitchenette; 3) fully stocked kitchenette with a brand new and clean microwave, toaster, and plates/utensils/glassware; 4) The staff is super nice and keeps the place spotless; 5) HEATED POOL and JACUZZI! which as anyone who has ever gone down the shore in May knows that the water whether it be the ocean or the pool is always too cold. So, a heated pool was greatly appreciated; 6) We got there early (8am) and when I went to ask if we could park in the parking lot until check-in time, they told us we could check in right then as no one had been in the room the night before; 7) They offer a late check out for a minimal fee (so worth it!); 8) Beds did not feel like they were in a motel down the shore, very comfortable.
Cons: 1) The only water view is of a massive water tower which is directly across the street; 2) The pillows were a little hard.
I adore this hotel and recommend to everyone, they have small studio rooms, which is what we stayed in and they have fully furnished apartments with a full kitchen, living room and 2 bedrooms/2 baths that comfortably sleep 6 or more people. They are also pet friendly but those rooms book quickly. We had a well deserved, relaxing weekend in beautiful Cape May which was enhanced by our stay at the Madison Ave Beach Club.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Havertown, PA
Reviewed April 28, 2009

The Madison Avenue Beach Club is excellent! I can't say enough good things about it. It is clean,classy and comfortable. My husband and I stayed there for our anniversary weekend. It's very hard to find a nice place for only one night, even during the off season, when you would expect that in these economic times inn keepers would be happy to have business.

The MABC is everything is advertises. The rooms were clean and comfy-the kitchen was well equipped-the bathroom spotless and the bed and pillow were cozy.

The staff could not have been nicer and more accommodating. We were locked out of our room after the manager had left for the night. The electronic lock was malfunctioning. We called the phone number that is left at the front door and within 15 minutes someone was there to help us. We were not made to feel as if we were bothering anyone-a key was found and we were able to get into our room.

I highly recommend this motel and will definitely stay there again, perhaps for a longer period of time. We had one of the suites on the second floor. It was clean and quiet and well attended. Kudos to the owners and the staff.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple