“A nice stroll during a cloudy time”

Washington Street Mall
Ranked #10 of 34 things to do in Cape May
Reviewed September 2, 2013

A quaint area of Cape May with shops and restaurants made for a nice late morn/early afternoon stroll with my family during a cloudy time of the day. We popped in and out of the shops, ate lunch, then topped the afternoon off with ice cream. By this time, the sun had come out so we headed back to Wildwood, where we were staying, for some beach time. Washington Street Mall made a nice first impression on my husband who has never been to Cape May, so we'll return when the opportunity/time presents itself. Btw, Cape May is pay parking.

All reviews
"great shopping"
in 16 reviews
"souvenir shops"
in 9 reviews
"to sit and people watch"
"nice stroll"
"ugly mug"
in 10 reviews
"toy store"
in 5 reviews
"window shopping"
in 6 reviews
"horse drawn carriage rides"
in 5 reviews
in 9 reviews
"walk around"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My teens and I spent 5 days in Cape May and strolled in the Washington Street Mall several times during the day, although we preferred it at night, in order to maximize daytime beach hours.

There are enough different kinds of shops and sights to keep teens occupied and happy on more than one visit. And for those so inclined, there is a nice second story book shop and a cigar shop with a walk in humidor.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

There is something for everyone at this walkable, charming outdoor mall with lots of little nooks and crannies right in the heart of Cape May. If you get tired, there are plenty of cozy spots to sit as well. Don't miss the Whale's Tale for something nautical, the Zoo Company for kids & the Fudge Kitchen for something yummy. Our Lady Star of the Sea at one end of the mall is also beautiful. I keep coming back year after year & now it's a pleasure to bring my husband and daughter to make new traditions. Parking can be a challenge at peak times so just circle round again as it's worth the wait.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

So much to see, this is an awesome shopping experience! I love that traffic does NOT come between the stores! Makes for a much more enjoyable time. So many different types of stores, there's something for everyone. Lots of eateries too! Have fun!

1  Thank AprilY
See more reviews
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Of all the times I've visited Cape May, I had no idea this existed! Washington Street Mall is like getting Philadelphia or Princeton and taking their town charm and mixing it up with the quirkiness of Universal Studios and voile - almost like DisneyWorld for adults! (Fun for kids too I'm sure, but lots of shopping and dining). There were so many stores and restaurants that went on and on so far, I couldn't even go to all of them. Definitely a day full of fun to be had right here!