“Dolphins-A-Plenty!”

and up
Whale and Dolphin Watching Cruise from Cape May
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cape May Whale Watcher is one of the largest whale and dolphin watching tourist destinations in Cape May, NJ. Outside of our popular whale and dolphin watching tours, patrons may also choose to experience a lighthouse or sunset tour. Food is available purchase and patrons may purchase tickets for a dinner cruise which includes a delicious prime rib buffet.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reading, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Dolphins-A-Plenty!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I knew we would likely not see any whales, and I thought the dolphins would be a long shot. Not even close!!! The whales were not coming out to play but the dophins were more than happy to be on a people watching tour. We saw multiple pods of dolphins all coming up to breathe and then diving for food. They would move from one side of the boat to the other as if to taunt the captain. The boat wasn't crowded so seeing them was easy. As well, the captain kept the boat still while the dolphins played around us. Then to top it off, when we decided to go further out to sea (looking for whales) the dolphins gave a finale performance behind the boat surfing the wake and jumping out of the water following us as if to say "See you later and come visit us again". There was food and drink on board and the service was good. The captain gave the history of our surroundings and was very knowledgeable about the aquatic life as well as the local nesting birds etc. They also are very adament that this is the way to see these animals - in their natural habitat, not surrounded by the walls of a tank. This tour was one we'll remember. One suggestion, take plenty of sunscreen and slather it on! The breeze blowing whilst up on deck gives the illusion of no burn!

Visited June 2013

Southampton, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great activity to do”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had a great trip on their boat and did get some awesome photos of dolphins. The best thing was they were pet friendly, so our two dogs went with us. What a great way to spend a couple hours

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Problem Resolved”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had a problem with a deal from a discount site for a whale & dolphin watching trip scheduled for 6/2/13. I spoke with Jeff, who was very gracious & worked with me to resolve the problem. Our family trip went off without a hitch. Thank!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank jsksss
CHESWICK
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Must do”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We took the morning dolphin sightseeing tour. The Captain was very informative about the history of Cape May and the marine life of the area. There lots of dolphins to see and snap pictures of.The coffee juice and danish were part of the ticket price. Also available were other items for purchase.I would recommend this tour to all my friends and family. Friendly and attentive staff made the tour a great experience.Reservations would be a wise move.

Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“No whales in this area”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I rate this trip poor because of the low probability of seeing whales in these waters. the boat and trip itself was ok. If we had seen a whale I would have rated 4 stars. We saw some dolphins which could be seen from the beach. I do understand that seeing whales are rare occurrence but they do advertise that sightings are guaranteed. But after going there I realized that this area is probably a not a very good area to watch them. The cape may whale watcher is the only ship in this area. I didn’t see any other ship. I have been on 3 other whale watching cruises before and in all of them there were plenty of boats and the boats relied on intelligence from each other to locate a whale, where as here with a lone boat the probalaity of seeing a whale even if it is there in that locality is going to be very rare. So bottom line is if you want to see whales this is probably not the right waters.