“Poor quality audio equipment and accoustics makes this a dud.”
Review of BB&T Pavilion

BB&T Pavilion
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My first and last concert at the Susquehanna Bank Center was last night. Was looking forward to seeing the Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox Twenty, particularly the latter. The setting was easy to get to from Philadelphia via a short ferry ride. The setting was attractive, but the positives stop there. The audio equipment and the accoustics of the venue were horrible. At first I assumed that the opening act could not sing as we could not understand anything they were singing, but even when speaking into the microphone it reflected poor quality. Then the assumption was that the opening act did not do a good sound check that day. Nope. The Goo Goo Dolls started to perform and it was only the fact that I know some of their music that I could recognize some songs. Although we had prime orchestra seats, we move further back to see if we got a better accoustics. Nothing. We left the venue after only about 5 songs in by this band, totally missing the main band. To us, it made no sense to not enjoy a garbled performance so we lost out on our money for the tickets. We will never attend a concert here. Susquehanna Bank should rethink having their name associated with this venue.

1  Thank Roger O
There are newer reviews for BB&T Pavilion

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We parked in Philly and paid $7 roundtrip to head over to a concert. We were there in five minutes, plenty of room on the boat and quick to depart when we got back. The SBC was wonderful offering food and drink (pricey of course) plus we paid for "seats". The seat section also had a server which made things a lot easier. We had an awesome experience and I would return again!

2  Thank KCIGM
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Came to my concert here in 14 years. I usually avoid outdoor venues especially in a place like Camden. Bought lawn seat tickets for Kelly Clarkson/Maroon 5 as a first time concert for my 11 and 13 year old kids. We were within 1 mile of the exit and it took us 2 hours to make it to the parking lot and reach the overcrowded lawn.

The traffic is horrible for shows like this. The parking is unorganized. We had to park by the Ben Franklin Bridge when there were plenty of spots located closer to the venue. Security was a joke. Some people got screened others like me just walked in. The 'no umbrella' policy was clearly overlooked as a bunch of people had them out when it started to drizzle. No one gave us a hard time about bringing in snacks and bottle drinks.

The sound at the venue is great. The video boards for the lawn section are small if you are not centrally located. Half way through they stopped functioning(!?!). I have been to other outdoor venues and the video boards are huge with high quality video.

Exiting the venue was rather orderly. Once we hit the streets we ran into issues in trying to reach our lot. Construction fencing proved to be a big issue. Event staff kept yelling at everyone to find another way out. How about some more direction? Finally about 100 of us found an area to move the fence. At least we did not climb over as a lot of others were doing.

Once we were in our car, we left Camden behind in a matter of minutes.

If I come back here, it will be for something less popular.

1  Thank delaware-veg
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Attending Yestival. Like the sight lines to the stage, reasonably comfortable seats. Concessions pricy but about what one expects these days. Like the indoor/outdoor spaces so crowd spreads out. Food adequate. Way more beer/drink than food stands. Sound system ok but at times overload/distorts. I stayed at Hyatt Philadelphia so getting here was easy-- walked down and caught ferry -- round trip is just $7.
Would come back.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was my first time at this venue. My husband and I went to see Lil Wayne and the venue its self was in good condition. Bathrooms were big so there wasnt a long line to wait in, seats were easy to find, and we even had a waitress in our area that brought me beer when I was out! Everything the waitress brought us was the same price as going out of the seating area and getting it. Beers were $11 for a 24 oz but we were already expecting that.
The parking situation was something we did not expect. they have a bunch of different lots, we parked in one that was pretty far away from the venue and we had to walk there. Parking cost $25, and wasnt even at the venue. For that price they should have people on golf carts taking people over! Its insane that it costs that much and we still have to walk a distance. Parking lots are not clearly labeled either. After the show was over we got lost and couldnt find our car. The security people had no idea what they were talking about (id be surprised if they knew their own names) and it took us at least 45 min to get to our car. One good thing was that by the time we got to our car there was no traffic to get out...
Oh and one more thing, there were TONS of underage kids drinking in the parking lots, all doing it out in the open and there was no security or police doing anything about it. Way to go Camden...

1  Thank Dawnnienay