“Okay visit”

The Philadelphia Pass
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Camden
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Adventure Aquarium is just minutes from downtown Philadelphia on the Camden Waterfront and features one-of-a-kind exhibits with more than 8,500 aquatic species throughout two million gallons of water. The Aquarium is home to the largest collection of sharks on the East Coast, including the only Great Hammerhead shark on exhibit in the United States, the only aquarium in the world to exhibit hippos, one of only six facilities in the US to have Little Blue penguins as permanent residents and exhibits the longest Shark Bridge in the world, a unique V-shaped rope suspension bridge just inches over Shark Realm. Adventure Aquarium is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), and is held to the absolute highest standards in animal care and exhibition.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

It is overly priced and overly crowded. I recommend only if you want to be surrounded by screaming kids and run over by strollers and parents who don't speak English. On the whole you're better off going to a park.

1  Thank merritteanderson
Write a ReviewReviews (1,322)
All reviews
"school groups"
"new jersey"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

Happened to be in Philly and decided to visit the Adventure Aquarium in Camden. Well I never expected such a great location on the water facing the Philadelphia skyline. Everything was so clean and beautiful. Then we got inside and we could pet the striped sharks and sting rays. Pet them!!!!!! Wow and the young staff was so friendly and knowledgeable. We walked over the open shark tank and stood right against the Hippos / only glass separated us. I am a senior and had the best time, I can't imagine how the kids must wallow in the experience. Jellyfish, octopus, sharks....even penguins. I can't wait to share my photos with all my friends.
And Camden.... it's really revitalized- clean and easy access to the aquarium. A place with a bad reputation that is completely wrong. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

I love, love, love this aquarium! You get so much for your money. I love how everything is laid out so that you don't get completely overwhelmed trying to figure out what to look out. All the little areas for kids to play is great too, as kids can get disinterested really quickly. Getting a hands on experience is so worth the price (which still isn't bad). You do have to pay for parking, so be prepared for that.

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Great aquarium! I travelled with my 10 month, though he doesn't understand what's going on. He enjoyed looking at the glass and the fishes. There was a little crowd on a Friday afternoon, but otherwise manageable.
Will definitely go back when baby's a little bit older.