“Very Good Italian Food, and BYOW”
Review of Divina Ristorante

Divina Ristorante
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Caldwell
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 30, 2013

They have a very good reputation among Italian food aficianados in our area, and given the many Italian choices we have, that says somethng about a place. We think the cooking is very good, and a nice place to go with a bottle of wine.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Bring your own right on main drag.

Food was just OK with prices a little much for the portion size. We had no appetizers but had the fennel, arugula, radicchio salad for $12 which my wife and I shared. The salad was weak on flavor and slightly dressed, a big disappointment.

For dinner I went with the chicken arrabiata off the bone. 3 small pieces of chicken with a few, and I emphasize few, hot peppers in balsamic sauce and 3 pieces of broccoli. It was OK, but not great. My wife had the fussili pasta special which was OK but again a very small portion. The two other couples said the food was OK, but not one of the 4 meals looked like something I was wishing I had ordered.

Deserts were OK, with the cannoli filling a highlight, tiramisu just OK.

Restaurant is tight and small with an OK atmosphere.

The service was a disappointment. We were never offered fresh pepper with our salad and had to ask for it when the main course came. The server was in such a big hurry that he rushed away before asking who else wanted the fresh papper and we had to call him back.

My wife and I eat out regularly and have been to many, many Italian restaurants. Overall, this is an OK place, but not someplace I would rush to go back.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have been going to this place almost once a week for the past 13 years and the food is always fresh. Chef/owner Mario Carlino only uses the best ingredients and the best quality products for all his dishes. This is a must for all you wine connusiers who want to bring your favorite wine to pair with this amazing BYOB. Reservations are required.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were disappointed- My wife had a chicken with bones dish --the chicken was way over done perhaps it was left over from the night before- I had a veal with eggplant that was ok--We thiink LUCE is much better. Do not understand the great ratings here on TA

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stopped in a couple of weeks ago with my wife to have dinner (reservations recommended on weekends) the service is very good and attentive and food always hot which is a plus. I had the Pasta Fagioli soup as an appetizer and as we know can be made a thousand ways. The soup was a good starter. My main dish was the Pappardelle Alla Luca made with wide pasta, fresh tomatoes, portabella & shitake mushrooms. The dish was good but the water from the mushrooms watered down the flavor otherwise the dish would have been very good. Overall, a nice restaurant with good service and above average food.